NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, Chicago. You had one job, and it was to put pinstripes on your alternate jersey.

D9OEYMd.jpg

Though, I can see why they would only have them as Throwbacks, to pay respect to that 95-96 team, but still...

Adidas was going to put the pinstripes on the uniforms, but then it came to its senses and realized the jersey weighs 1.4% less without the pinstripes. That extra weight would have made it nearly impossible to dunk on a 7 foot rim, much less a 10 footer.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh my god, Chicago. You had one job, and it was to put pinstripes on your alternate jersey.

D9OEYMd.jpg

Though, I can see why they would only have them as Throwbacks, to pay respect to that 95-96 team, but still...

I was looking forward to seeing these back in the Bulls rotation.

Same.

Adidas probably tried to make them tire tred instead of pinstripe and got told to take a hike. :lol:

I dont think the First/Last name thing has anything to do with the old unis. I honestly think Adidas is desperate to start a trend and make their mark on the NBA.

And I don't feel like the First names are necessary to casual fans learning names of players. Commentators/announcers/visuals show full names, stats and more throughout the game. Programs and hand outs have names on them if you're at the game. It just seems unnecessary to have 2 names on the back.

2002-nba-all-star.jpg?w=641

Okay so my logic on adidas using both the first and last names is to give a subtle nod to the all star uniforms above, and the layered wordmarks. The white uniform especially is almost a throwback to these uniforms, and the name over and under the number reminds me of the "NBA" and "ALL-STAR" that were featured on these uniforms. So in that respect I am a big fan of the uniforms, even with the black and white adidas stripes at the bottoms of the shorts.

best all-star unis ever.

and i agree that the nets fauxback alts look weird with the sleeves, but the league/adidas has apparently dug in their heels and insist on making these things catch on whether the fans want them or not.

Okay so my logic on adidas using both the first and last names is to give a subtle nod to the all star uniforms above, and the layered wordmarks. The white uniform especially is almost a throwback to these uniforms, and the name over and under the number reminds me of the "NBA" and "ALL-STAR" that were featured on these uniforms. So in that respect I am a big fan of the uniforms, even with the black and white adidas stripes at the bottoms of the shorts.

best all-star unis ever.

Agreed, but I think the NBA logo on the front is redundant. It would look cleaner if removed, like so:

NBA%20ASG_zpsbgyrpt7l.jpg

B7_5kUgIQAA8O8P.jpg

Hmm. I didn't fully appreciate the fact that the East's shorts are trimmed with three *black* stripes instead of royal. I didn't mind the use of black for the side panels, but I think the black stripes on the shorts don't work.

And that's putting aside Adidas' obligatory and obnoxious use of three stripes.

Fixed it. (Be kind: I used Microsoft Paint.)

NYC%2015_zpsmhrafvk9.jpg

Fixed it. (Be kind: I used Microsoft Paint.)

NYC%2015_zpsmhrafvk9.jpg

As much as I rather have EAST☆ or WEST☆on the front..that wouldn't be a bad idea to have the host city's name on the front of the ASG jersey just as long as the uniform is done right.

Now on to other things..

http://store.nba.com/Swingman_Jerseys/Mens_Chicago_Bulls_Derrick_Rose_adidas_Black_2014-2015_Short_Sleeve_Swingman_Jersey

I believe this is what happened to the Bulls alts.. or am I just really late or missing something? Either way, another horrible sleeved jersey that could have been much better..

I hope this isnt a reality!
shado_logo.gif

http://store.nba.com/Swingman_Jerseys/Mens_Chicago_Bulls_Derrick_Rose_adidas_Black_2014-2015_Short_Sleeve_Swingman_Jersey

I believe this is what happened to the Bulls alts.. or am I just really late or missing something? Either way, another horrible sleeved jersey that could have been much better..

I don't get it? First they show us pinstripe alternate in adidas commercial after that they played in their normal alternate, now that sleeves jersey and also that: http://store.nba.com/Chicago_Bulls_Jerseys/Mens_Chicago_Bulls_Joakim_Noah_adidas_Black_2014-2015_Swingman_Jersey and is nowhere written that the alternate.

What's going on?!

4r2eer.png

Nope. I don't see it.

adidas-nba-all-star-jersey-east-back-2*6

This was a sample jersey shown prior to the images of the actual jerseys being released. This looks like a nod to the NBA ALL-STAR jerseys, except this was only showing where the FIRST and LAST names were supposed to go. I would've preferred this (or NBA ALL-STAR, using this same font) on the front of the jersey rather than having it free of wording. (I'm not counting the tiny "NYC 15" below the starred NBA logo nor the "adidas" underneath the adidas logo.)

Archived