NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Rockets ones not fully revealed? The ones i saw on the Houston Rockets official twitter are obviously photoshopped, but they are using the same shorts from last seasons xmas uniform to show off the complete uniform. Like no attempt to do anything creative like the Warriors.

While that sleeved uniform is awful (ruining one of favorite alts in the league), what with the love for the pinstripes? Along with it being really random within their identity it just doesn't look good, red stripes on a black uniform creates an almost pinkish hue to the uniform. Pinstripes on color uniforms could never be a color besides white and maybe grey/silver. But I suppose Jordan wore it so it's instantly gorgeous?

I didn't use to like it, but nostalgia won out and I'm rather fond of the stripes, but I could do with or without them.

Yes, this is probably the first time the area inside the diamond was colored black, but that doesn't bother me as much as the waistband being black (instead of either the home-styled or away-styled stripes). On the other hand, this move is pretty brilliant, as I never liked how on the first pair of alternate shorts, the Bulls logo was there sans the diamond. This way, the Bulls logo is still just sitting there, but it's now enclosed by the diamond. Again, it would've been better had the waistband been like the ones on the red away shorts (to stay consistent with the rest of the uniform).

Random ASG jersey thought: they would be perfect if instead of the East/West matchup, they went with a more of a pickup game, having fans vote in a few guys, players or coaches pick reserves, then have the coaches or leading votegetters or whoever pick teams.

I betcha they'll eventually do that. I think the NBA fans should vote six people as starters (+1 6th man) and then divide the three into two teams with the ASG draft.

Or, do like the NFL Pro Bowl and let two players be captains (say, Kobe and LeBron) and pick their team. Of course, you always run the risk of Kobe's team not wanting to play with/for him. (See: Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, et al.)

Random ASG jersey thought: they would be perfect if instead of the East/West matchup, they went with a more of a pickup game, having fans vote in a few guys, players or coaches pick reserves, then have the coaches or leading votegetters or whoever pick teams.

I betcha they'll eventually do that. I think the NBA fans should vote six people as starters (+1 6th man) and then divide the three into two teams with the ASG draft.

Or, do like the NFL Pro Bowl and let two players be captains (say, Kobe and LeBron) and pick their team. Of course, you always run the risk of Kobe's team not wanting to play with/for him. (See: Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, et al.)

This is how the Rising Stars game has been for the past several years. They changed it this year, though, to be USA vs the World.

I actually...like the Warriors jerseys? I think the slate actually works here since the red and yellow stand out so much. It'd almost work as a Chinese national team jersey so it at least accomplishes that. And I've always been the oddball proponent of the Warriors having some red element in their identity since it'd pair up so well with the Golden Gate Bridge.

But death to sleeves. Forever and always.

GR30a5H.png

I actually...like the Warriors jerseys? I think the slate actually works here since the red and yellow stand out so much. It'd almost work as a Chinese national team jersey so it at least accomplishes that. And I've always been the oddball proponent of the Warriors having some red element in their identity since it'd pair up so well with the Golden Gate Bridge.

But death to sleeves. Forever and always.

I freaking love the Warriors CNY uniform (i know its sleeved) but man its gorgeous. 8.5/10 i agree DEATH to the sleeved jersey!! It's ruined this year the Nets ABA faux back,Bulls alternate uniform, all the Pride jerseys and many others!
shado_logo.gif

I agree that despite hating Golden State's "regular" slate alt, I love this one-off (or three-off). It's cool being able to compare the Rockets' minimalism with the Warriors going a bit more out there. idk, I like them both but I'd probably side with the Warriors if I had to pick one because it does seem like the Rockets could've done just a bit more. I actually wouldn't have minded if Adidas went a little templated on this and gave the Rockets a design down their sides, maybe fireworks like mentioned before:

Warriors-Chinese-New-Year-2.jpg

(and yeah, :censored: sleeves)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Does it say Warriors? I'm not a fan of the number placement but not sure where else it could go.

It's the correct translation for some news outlets, but technically it translates as "Braves."

warriors_zps9p2odywe.jpg

Does it say Warriors? I'm not a fan of the number placement but not sure where else it could go.

It's the correct translation for some news outlets, but technically it translates as "Braves."

warriors_zps9p2odywe.jpg

I got "Warriors" when I tried it.

googtwarriors_zpsda1ec274.png

warriors_zps9p2odywe.jpg

Well...

ZDkpBuI.jpg

And also, the Warriors name is derived from the idea of native american warriors

Go A's!

warriors_zps9p2odywe.jpg

Well...

ZDkpBuI.jpg

And also, the Warriors name is derived from the idea of native american warriors

See, a little detail like this at least reminds me that some really detail-oriented people DO work at adidas which makes their other consistent aesthetic choices so infuriating. Choosing letters that happen to mean "warriors" AND "braves" simultaneously is a REALLY cool touch.

GR30a5H.png

Archived