NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what the league needs, more blue! Hopefully the Rockets return to Red, White and Blue!

Oh please WE DONT NEED another RWB team!

I hadn't heard about the Hawks. And was there ever anything definite on the sixers? I feel like that was hearsay too

Yup, as far as I heard the Sixers, Raptors and Hawks are sure. But the Clippers?

Blue, silver and cream for the Bucks? No way, I guess!? :P

What ever happened to talks about Memphis changing to black and gold? If not oh well but thats exciting to hear about Clippers but interesting at the same time in regards to Bucks (blue silver cream?) Hmm

shado_logo.gif

Do the Suns have another uni coming this year or nah?

They will have Pride uniform, but there is no news about them (unfortunately). I hope there will be black or....black (I don't see any other colors to works with Suns) without sleeves (something like last season Noche Latina uni will be cool).

All "pride" uniforms are required to have sleeves. This is not a joke. That's why Detroit added sleeves to their Motor City jerseys this year. And Portland added sleeves to their Rip City ones. It's a requirement.

What ever happened to talks about Memphis changing to black and gold?

Yes, I would be interested in hearing more about this...

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think that was more of them sending something out to season ticket holders in black and gold and people making assumptions. If the raps change to that scheme this summer I'd say the chances of the Grizzlies going to that scheme drop from 5% to 0%.

On the Bucks, I think Blue, Silver and Cream could be a nice scheme but for them I just can't imagine it. Although if they're gonna change and they're not gonna make an Irish rainbow esque change, they might as well do a full on rebrand.

Fingers crossed the clips to with sky blue and orange. That would be absolutely fantastic.

Just what the league needs, more blue! Hopefully the Rockets return to Red, White and Blue!

23 teams use some shade of red or blue. 17 use blue. 12 use red. 6 use both.

This is not including the Hornets, because teal is unlike any other blue in the league.

I hadn't heard about the Hawks. And was there ever anything definite on the sixers? I feel like that was hearsay too

Here's an article from this very site on the Sixers rumors. http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/05/29/will-the-philadelphia-76ers-be-getting-new-unis-soon/

They dropped the Red Alt (former road) this year and added a few alternate logos like Ben Franklin and the circle stars, so that could be a sign of things to come.

As for the Hawks there have been leaks all over about them and it's all but confirmed. Apparently they're rumored to be Red, Black and Volt.

Here's an article from this very site on the Sixers rumors. http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/05/29/will-the-philadelphia-76ers-be-getting-new-unis-soon/

They dropped the Red Alt (former road) this year and added a few alternate logos like Ben Franklin and the circle stars, so that could be a sign of things to come.

As for the Hawks there have been leaks all over about them and it's all but confirmed. Apparently they're rumored to be Red, Black and Volt.

I'm not sure how the Hawks can be planning for new uniforms when they don't even know who's going to own the team.

All "pride" uniforms are required to have sleeves. This is not a joke. That's why Detroit added sleeves to their Motor City jerseys this year. And Portland added sleeves to their Rip City ones. It's a requirement.

Yeah, I know that, but Heat "Black Tie" jesey is also referred as a "Pride" and it's sleeveless.

I had to make a new name as to not out myself but I have a rock solid source that the Bucks will have new uniforms and a logo next season.

The new owners wanted to get this done and the colors will be blue, silver and cream with a redrawn "Buck" that's more "angry."

Bucks in blue, Silver and cream? I thought today is a 6th february not 1st April.

4r2eer.png

Didn't the league block the Pelicans from using black and gold? I don't remember the reasoning, but why would Memphis get to use that scheme?

PJU85JF.png

Didn't the league block the Pelicans from using black and gold? I don't remember the reasoning, but why would Memphis get to use that scheme?

It was just a season ticket campaign. There were no change to the official logos (or future change).

23 teams use some shade of red or blue. 17 use blue. 12 use red. 6 use both.

This is not including the Hornets, because teal is unlike any other blue in the league.

Yep, it's ridiculous. At least give us different shades of blue instead of all being Navy blue.

I can't confirm nor deny the existence, but if you like the new UNCW logo or the 1980's Detroit Pistons logo, you might be happy.

B9H-Vc2IcAAJqgS.jpg

I'm guessing either the arched font or the design team that did UNCW in a red/white/blue roundel. In which case, I wouldn't be happy, because it's almost as if the NBA is trying to turn into the EPL and have all its teams use a shield for their primary logo, in this case the absolutely uncreative basketball-inspired roundel

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I'm a lurker and rare poster here.

What I am about to post can and should and will be taken with many grains of salt, just take this for what you will.

My brief intro... I'm a member of RealGM which pretty easily has the most active Bucks community out of any other internet forum. A team executive (one of the owner's sons) held a preseason pizza party for RealGM members, so Bucks execs know/pay attention to what goes on there. I point this part out because I wouldn't be surprised if an exec is having someone throw this out on the forum as a feeler for what fans might think.

Okay, onto the quote:

I had to make a new name as to not out myself but I have a rock solid source that the Bucks will have new uniforms and a logo next season.

The new owners wanted to get this done and the colors will be blue, silver and cream with a redrawn "Buck" that's more "angry."

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1371141#start_here

No more green, no Irish rainbow, no purple. Basically a new existence for the Milwaukee Bucks.

The main reason I have doubt is I feel like we'd have heard the year warning (which I thought was a requirement) the team had to give the league. I also wanted to post here because I know there are people who know things that I have no power to.

Again, take this as you will.

That better not happen. This team has used green for all 40+ years of it's existence and it would be completely stupid to change that. I say Irish Rainbow or bust. It would be very wise to get fan input for this.

Best comment from that page:

Maybe we could add some stars so we look even more like the Cowboys.

That's what people in Wisconsin want, right?

I wouldn't read too much into the blue, silver, and cream rumor. Especially not when it was started by a guy with a handful of posts at that board and never commented again.

If the NBA can step in and stop black jerseys, then they need to stop too many blues or duplicate color schemes without past history, too. Pelicans in black and gold was a missed opportunity. Whatever the Raptors are doing doesn't look promising so far.

Can't see the Bucks owners being that tone deaf to eliminate all ties to history.

Bucks fan here, here's something along the lines I'd like for the Bucks that I whipped up.

6o33pf.png

The font is "Facet Heavy" from one of Conrad's Nike Font Packs, definitely not permanent, but it's a nice, modern font in my eyes. Just like the way it looks.

Archived