NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Already we've had two unannounced sleeved jerseys come out that wasnt even mentioned in the catalog. The Bulls black sleeved and this atrocious matter. At least Chicago's uniform looks like its not worn at bedtime.

462152866-derrick-rose-of-the-chicago-bu

Thunder has such a unique however their uniforms overall are terrible. You would think that they would have rebranded/ or have an entirely new uniform set by now.

shado_logo.gif

ADIDAS STAHP!

B_DFphCUQAA9fP_.jpg

Looks like he's wearing a little kid's t-shirt.

Looks like something one would wear at Wimbledon.

Interesting. Already we've had two unannounced sleeved jerseys come out that wasnt even mentioned in the catalog. The Bulls black sleeved and this atrocious matter. At least Chicago's uniform looks like its not worn at bedtime.

Thunder has such a unique however their uniforms overall are terrible. You would think that they would have rebranded/ or have an entirely new uniform set by now.

That's the ugliest Bulls uniform I've ever seen.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Drop the sleeves and the "the" from last year's set, and I think they're on the right track. There's no need to translate it because proper nouns remain the same. I'm positive the Spanish broadcast of Miami games refers to the team as "Heat," not "Calor."

Don't know why there isn't consistency, though. The Warriors and Rockets translated it for Chinese New Year (maybe they don't actually say "Warriors" in China, I don't know).

I don't get why people keep making this argument. Yes, most Spanish-speaking fans refer to the teams by their official name because they are proper nouns. However, the purpose of this promotion, aside from shameless pandering, is to pay homage to a group of people and subsequently their language. There is no freaking point in putting an "El" or "Los" onto a jersey. It's lazy and insulting. It's the league giving a big middle finger and saying, "Here you go, Mexican. Adding 'Los' makes it all Mexicany, so buy our stuff." If they are going to do these jerseys, they should do Spanish translations of the team names. That takes at least a little bit of effort and would also show non-Spanish speakers "this is how you say it in Spanish."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

OKC-Thunder-New-Alternate-Shorts-2015-59

Shorts design is actually pretty cool. Why not also have something like this across the chest, sides or something. So much for "Pride" uniforms. Where is the heritage or uniqueness? Bland pride unis indeed.

According to Thunder PR, these are lightning bolts.

Shorts design is actually pretty cool. Why not also have something like this across the chest, sides or something. So much for "Pride" uniforms. Where is the heritage or uniqueness? Bland pride unis indeed.

Because they are called the lightning...

lightning needs to strike these uniforms literally
shado_logo.gif

Those soccer style jerseys do not work with basketball shorts.

Surprised the NBA is still using baggy shorts, as the whole baggy clothes trend went out of style like 5 years ago.

What else would they wear? I don't think anybody wants to see an NBA player play in short-shorts or pants.

Well they're really not that baggy anymore. They're bigger than soccer shorts but not by much. They shrunk considerably since the switch to the rev 30 template. Or at least they seem to have in my head.

Drop the sleeves and the "the" from last year's set, and I think they're on the right track. There's no need to translate it because proper nouns remain the same. I'm positive the Spanish broadcast of Miami games refers to the team as "Heat," not "Calor."

Don't know why there isn't consistency, though. The Warriors and Rockets translated it for Chinese New Year (maybe they don't actually say "Warriors" in China, I don't know).

I don't get why people keep making this argument. Yes, most Spanish-speaking fans refer to the teams by their official name because they are proper nouns. However, the purpose of this promotion, aside from shameless pandering, is to pay homage to a group of people and subsequently their language. There is no freaking point in putting an "El" or "Los" onto a jersey. It's lazy and insulting. It's the league giving a big middle finger and saying, "Here you go, Mexican. Adding 'Los' makes it all Mexicany, so buy our stuff." If they are going to do these jerseys, they should do Spanish translations of the team names. That takes at least a little bit of effort and would also show non-Spanish speakers "this is how you say it in Spanish."

First, because China doesn't use ABCs, and second, because it's technically a proper noun and the name of the team. Sure, James is Jaime, and Paul is Pablo, but what's Shaq and Kobe? How would you translate Staples Center? Plus someone else might have the trademark rights to Toros and Sol. Weird how it's different in baseball. Maybe it's because there are more Spanish-speaking players and media members?

Oh, no. I wasn't talking about translating players' names to Spanish, just the team name. But the Bulls should have no problem making a "Toros" wordmark in the same style and color as their regular wordmarks. Even if someone did own "Chicago Toros", they wouldn't be able to produce their own stuff in the same style as the Bulls. And if the Suns made a "Los Soles" jersey, even if they couldn't trademark the name "Soles," they'd still be able to trademark its use in the team colors and in the same style as the rest of their set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

lightning needs to strike these uniforms literally

I'm getting more of a cheesy 90's tribal tattoo vibe from these shorts. Reminds me more of something the Lady Techsters would wear, definitely not an nba squad.

ADIDAS STAHP!

B_DFphCUQAA9fP_.jpg

Looks like he's wearing a little kid's t-shirt.

Looks like something one would wear at Wimbledon.

That's the ugliest Bulls uniform I've ever seen.

If the NBA ever decides to field indoor volleyball teams, they won't have to create new jerseys.

I'm going to guess within the next 3 years we see a complete rebrand by the thunder. Either they lock KD up long term and rebrand to have a new jersey style to sell with his name on it, or he and Russ both leave and they will need a new look and a way to drum up interest about them with basically their whole identity leaving.

I would've preferred a new take on this:

desmond-mason-okc-jersey.jpg

Those uniforms were clean, simple, and great looking. I miss that set.

The Valentines Day uniform is a perfect start. Change the Hornets neckline to more Thunder colors and voila!!

56_6138A_lg.jpeg

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-07-Valentines

All the Thunder had to do was simply change the colors a bit for home, maybe Orange,Navy,Blue version of this for away (even keep the Red).. their set would be 100% improved!

shado_logo.gif

Archived