NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

cool with me..I'm just posting my free will opinion...btw..I have good money that these replace the CAVS standard road unis next season and move the reds to Alternates.

APTOPIXCavaliersMavericksBasketball-09eb

remember when Lebron and crew wore these more than the red versions? Just my 2 cents again.cleveland-23-soul-swingman-blue-jersey.j

How many times can a NBA team where an alternate jersey in a season? The Cavs always wore there gold unis and now they have worn the navy unis in all but 3 games in the past 2 and a half weeks.

NBA team just wear whatever the hell they wanna advertise fans to buy at the time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thunder will be wearing their undershirt uniforms today, and I bet the Bulls will pull out the St. Paddys day set. Who's ready for a pajama party?!

C'mon, sleeves are not that bad.
Teal your my guy and all..but no...hell to the no to sleeved basketball uniforms!

Btw. Bulls aren't wearing sleeves today. That was a surprise.

shado_logo.gif

I Agree Finsup, same with the Raptors Dino uniforms.

Ah yes, forgot about them.

They wore their throwbacks again last night against Miami at home, and the biggest problem was that Miami really looked like the home team. While the Heat do have that little gold stripe running down the side inside the side panel, from a distance it just looks like white, red, and black. Couple that with the black and red on the court, and the Raptors wearing road throwbacks and.....yeah, big problem. I really wish teams would think this kind of stuff through.

On a similar note, I wish teams would not wear alternates that are the same color as their opponents. To wit, LA Lakers, Orlando, or Toronto wear their black alternates playing at Brooklyn, the LA Clippers wearing their royal blue alternates at Detroit or Philadelphia or say, New Orleans wearing their red alternates at Houston.*

*Don't get me wrong, I love the Pelicans' red alternates, but I wish teams would take on more of a clash mentality when it comes to their alternates.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Thunder will be wearing their undershirt uniforms today, and I bet the Bulls will pull out the St. Paddys day set. Who's ready for a pajama party?!

Teal your my guy and all..but no...hell to the no to sleeved basketball uniforms!

There have been less and less sleeved uniforms this year. I guess Adidas are phasing them out slowly.

Jaguars

There have been less and less sleeved uniforms this year. I guess Adidas are phasing them out slowly.
I don't think so. I think Adidas will continue to force the sleeves down our throats until they no longer have the NBA contract.

As they are today they are awful. I will say that I believe they could be done well if Adidas actually gave the design some thought, but Adidas so...

3GkEBB0.png

Edit: beat me to it.

It feels like an obvious move for Nike to go after it, especially with the chatter that they may not keep the NFL contract.

Rev 30 jerseys get a bad wrap, but I don't think I want to see sweatbacks all over the NBA. Hopefully this means we only have to deal with sleeves for two more years though.

This is fantastic news. Sure, you might get the sweatbacks with Nike, but if my two choices are sleeves or sweatbacks ? I'm taking sweatbacks a million times over.

I've actually really liked a great deal of Nike basketball designs. I think they could do really well with the NBA.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

After seeing the throwbacks this year I just wan my to see an entire throwback season where every team wears their 90s throwbacks all year.

Nah... the NBA needs to move on from the '90s instead of trying to keep living in them.

Also, HOLY :censored:! Adidas' reign of terror is finally over! Can't wait to see what Nike or UA does with the league, it couldn't possibly be worse than sleeved jerseys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is fantastic news. Sure, you might get the sweatbacks with Nike, but if my two choices are sleeves or sweatbacks ? I'm taking sweatbacks a million times over.

I've actually really liked a great deal of Nike basketball designs. I think they could do really well with the NBA.

I disagree. The sleeves are absurd, but nobody is mandating teams use them. We haven't yet had a team make a regular game jersey sleeved. We're getting plenty of sleeved alternate crap, but at least it'll be gone by playoff time. However, the sweatback trash would find their way onto most jerseys without many people even noticing. "Sure, Bulls, we kept your jersey the same, but on the back we put this sweet sublimated pattern that represents an Italian beef sandwich." The sweatbacks are more subtle so they'd get to ruin far more jerseys. Over the last decade plus, Adidas has only really ruined classic jerseys to the extent that they stupidly put logos on the back for the Bulls and Celtics.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

a clever marketing thing Nike could do with its ownership of Converse is have the Converse brand do the hardwood classics apparel like the Adidas originals brand. Converse is more known for its older heritage so it makes sense and was a big part of Basketball in its early days

a clever marketing thing Nike could do with its ownership of Converse is have the Converse brand do the hardwood classics apparel like the Adidas originals brand. Converse is more known for its older heritage so it makes sense and was a big part of Basketball in its early days

They tried that with dwayne wade and marquette (albeit not entirely retro) for a couple years and abandoned it. Today's converse consumer is a fashion conscious one where their best use of marketing funds is to do designer/limited editions and sell in upscale boutiques etc.

Archived