NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

This is fantastic news. Sure, you might get the sweatbacks with Nike, but if my two choices are sleeves or sweatbacks ? I'm taking sweatbacks a million times over.

I've actually really liked a great deal of Nike basketball designs. I think they could do really well with the NBA.

I disagree. The sleeves are absurd, but nobody is mandating teams use them. We haven't yet had a team make a regular game jersey sleeved. We're getting plenty of sleeved alternate crap, but at least it'll be gone by playoff time. However, the sweatback trash would find their way onto most jerseys without many people even noticing. "Sure, Bulls, we kept your jersey the same, but on the back we put this sweet sublimated pattern that represents an Italian beef sandwich." The sweatbacks are more subtle so they'd get to ruin far more jerseys. Over the last decade plus, Adidas has only really ruined classic jerseys to the extent that they stupidly put logos on the back for the Bulls and Celtics.

I'm not trying to say that sweatbacks are ideal necessarily, I just hate sleeves so much that if I'm choosing between every team wearing sweatbacks and a few teams here and there with sleeves, I'm choosing sweatbacks. I just feel personally that between the two, as far as basketball aesthetics are concerned, sweatbacks are far less jarring. Teams like Duke still look just fine to me with them, so I 'm not too worried myself. But again, that's just a matter of personal opinion.

In any case, I'm just counting down the clock to the (hopefully) death of sleeves.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, still 2 years away, alot can happen.

Just hope manufacterers logo will not be on jersey and shorts

But i guess they still will demand $300 for a aut. jersey that´s not even made in the US.

That why i used to stick with NHL jerseys , made in canada, and my favorites: Majestic MLB jerseys, made in the US, allthough Majestic have pulled many boners on me, sewing numbers wrong on the front and stuff

Not all of nike's uniforms have sweatback patterns, and I would guess they wouldn't incorporate them except for a few alternates here and there. Look at all of the new nike hyper elite disruption jerseys from this year, none of them have designs on the sweatbacks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not all of nike's uniforms have sweatback patterns, and I would guess they wouldn't incorporate them except for a few alternates here and there. Look at all of the new nike hyper elite disruption jerseys from this year, none of them have designs on the sweatbacks.

I'd bet the sweatbacks are phased out by then. I'm not really a fan, but they never bothered me too much.

spacer.png

Give the contract to UA, I wanna see what they do with a big 4 league.

But I have a feeling that in the end, Nike will wind up with the apparel deal, they will pay X amount of money just so UA won't get the contract. That's my opinion.

Maybe but Nike just spent money on re-upping with the NFL. The NBA jersey business is not was it was in the early 2000's.

Jaguars

Hopefully whoever takes over can design a better jersey for Portland Trail Blazers. They vetoed all of Adidas' ideas thats why they never changed. Dont get me wrong they have a classic look but if they used the Rip City jerseys(No sleeves or Rip City just Blazers) as a start id like it

shado_logo.gif

But I have a feeling that in the end, Nike will wind up with the apparel deal, they will pay X amount of money just so UA won't get the contract. That's my opinion.

That's not really true. If Nike can't make x% back...they'll let UA take that risk. Mathematics of real options.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hopefully whoever takes over can design a better jersey for Portland Trail Blazers. They vetoed all of Adidas' ideas thats why they never changed. Dont get me wrong they have a classic look but if they used the Rip City jerseys(No sleeves or Rip City just Blazers) as a start id like it

I remember there was a survey a few years back asking if they should get new unis, colours etc. I wonder what Adidas proposed to them.

Jaguars

Maybe but Nike just spent money on re-upping with the NFL. The NBA jersey business is not was it was in the early 2000's.

Jersey sales are not a % of the revenue.

Anybody saw this amazing concept by Artur Wrona? I'll be the happiest person if this come true especially the black and gold one.

16857248676_d94af213c3_o.jpg

16881964072_aa686a42a3_o.jpg16695746950_4038f57c52_o.jpg

Holy snap. If that were to take the court, I'd be ecstatic. That home uniform especially is absolutely beautiful. Really sharp way to modernize the throwbacks. Heck, I even love the idea of subliminating the raptor on the front of the alternate. Very solid concept!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Anybody saw this amazing concept by Artur Wrona? I'll be the happiest person if this come true especially the black and gold one.

16857248676_d94af213c3_o.jpg

16881964072_aa686a42a3_o.jpg16695746950_4038f57c52_o.jpg

Those are beautiful.

If Nike gets the contract I could see the big raptor returning in the back sweat pocket (if they still use that template).

If I was placing money on who would pay the most for the NBA contract, these guys would be my bet:

Then it´s a good thing NBA executives and main boss does not think about money first.

0720_NBA_630x420.jpg

Archived