NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

Mentioned in the Crossing Broad article, here are the practice jerseys:

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

Is it me or does the new basketball on the 76ers logo look exactly like the one on the NY Knicks logo, albeit flipped horizontally?

basketball_zpsb6cb7207.jpg

Wow.

If this is indeed an official logo then it is one of the dumbest, laziest things I've ever seen.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

Is it me or does the new basketball on the 76ers logo look exactly like the one on the NY Knicks logo, albeit flipped horizontally?

Wow.

If this is indeed an official logo then it is one of the dumbest, laziest things I've ever seen.

I can't see this being anything to go off of. This logo looks like it was thrown together last minute. The 7 looks beveled, the blues are darker than what they've officially been pushing, and overally the lines in relation to the wordmark look sloppy and awkwardly chopped. We would've seen any changes on draft night, rather than a Big 12 post

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

Wow.

I can't see this being anything to go off of. This logo looks like it was thrown together last minute. The 7 looks beveled, the blues are darker than what they've officially been pushing, and overally the lines in relation to the wordmark look sloppy and awkwardly chopped. We would've seen any changes on draft night, rather than a Big 12 post

I think I've found the culprit, and on this very same board, no less. Perhaps habsfan1 works for the Big12?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/89959-philadelphia-76ers-quick-logo-fix/

Sixers.png

Looks like the Kings are getting new uniforms? The team seems to be phasing out Maloof-era branding and going back to the old wordmark.

Brq9ItWCAAA-wIv.jpg

Link to the original tweet: https://twitter.com/georgetakata/status/484907872883449858

Good find! Most recently their jerseys have been more less combination of tweaks not really am overhaul compared to early 90s when they switched from RWB to Purple silver and black.

I'd like it if they kept the "Sacramento" wordmark from the current set and moved the NOB on the alt to below the number, but that's a minor issue. I'm liking this tweak (if it's official, considering the logo sheet we saw previously had no wordmark changes).

Looks legit. What is that thing about the NBA logo? Looks like a small gold spec on the collar

maybe a crown? nice find

The kings needed this for along long time

wow.. this is great! as campbell said, this was long overdue... i never understood the kings' decision to have 'sacramento' in white on their home jersey and black 'kings' on their purple uniforms

A team just has "Phila" on the front of the jersey? Now that's stupid. What's the reasoning behind it?

It's an official abbreviation of the city name and has historical precedence. Not stupid at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Considering how long "PHILADELPHIA" would be and how limited real estate is on a basketball jersey? "PHILA" is just fine. I'd even go so far as to say I'd prefer it on both the home and road jerseys. Having just "SIXERS" on there has always been a gear grinder of mine.

Considering how long "PHILADELPHIA" would be and how limited real estate is on a basketball jersey? "PHILA" is just fine. I'd even go so far as to say I'd prefer it on both the home and road jerseys. Having just "SIXERS" on there has always been a gear grinder of mine.

I disagree 100% I always hated "PHILA" across the chest. "76ers or Sixers" across the chest works for me. All day every day. Save Phila for throwbacks.

Cept I loved this one

ig8gpsF.jpg

shado_logo.gif

I disagree 100% I always hated "PHILA" across the chest. "76ers or Sixers" across the chest works for me. All day every day. Save Phila for throwbacks.

Cept I loved this one

ig8gpsF.jpg

Well they wouldn't use 76ers for obvious reasons (though I wonder how big a deal the number thing really is - it shouldn't be that confusing for a ref).

They tried a "Seventy Sixers" jersey once, but that sucked.

28_6213A_lg.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's a super rare one because Barkley wore 32 for all but a few games that season.

Don't forget the starburst unis, which had "Philadelphia Sixers" on the front:

469a_med.jpeg

The Shawn Bradley-era jerseys...I was a HUGE 76'ers guy in the '80's...Caldwell and Bobby Jones, Dr J, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks, the trade for Moses Malone, Clint Richardson...then it all went to hell after Julius Erving retired. Those jerseys cemented the team's demise.

Don't forget the starburst unis, which had "Philadelphia Sixers" on the front:

469a_med.jpeg

The Shawn Bradley-era jerseys...I was a HUGE 76'ers guy in the '80's...Caldwell and Bobby Jones, Dr J, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks, the trade for Moses Malone, Clint Richardson...then it all went to hell after Julius Erving retired. Those jerseys cemented the team's demise.

that jersey reminds me of when i used to do some work for Disney. on all their ads we would throw a star scatter brush on it. we called it "adding pixie dust"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived