Conrad.

NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

I don't get why teams don't play with the NOB under the number - especially the kings. It just makes a lot more sense to me to put it there on a basketball uniform.

I don't think the NOB above numbers is at all cumbersome on basketball jerseys. The shape of the jerseys lends itself to the curve of the name, and I don't think it shrinks the name area. Some of the jerseys from the '60s and '70s were thinner on the shoulders and cut more like a wifebeater, but the current NBA tanks leave plenty of room for the names to curve.

As for NOB underneath, it always looks awkward to me since the names would have to be straight across. That gets really problematic for longer names. Also, the name kinda gets lost down there.

A team just has "Phila" on the front of the jersey? Now that's stupid. What's the reasoning behind it?

I know, I think it looks stupid as well

Hey Sixers here's an idea with teams now wearing nickname jerseys why not putting "PHILLY" looks a lot better than PHILA

A team just has "Phila" on the front of the jersey? Now that's stupid. What's the reasoning behind it?

Hey Sixers here's an idea with teams now wearing nickname jerseys why not putting "PHILLY" looks a lot better than PHILA

No thanks. Rip City, ATL, Motor City, etc. can all be retired now.

No thanks. Rip City, ATL, Motor City, etc. can all be retired now.
Agreed

Because Philly is just a slang word. It'd be like the Bulls having a "Chi Town" jersey.

Don't forget the starburst unis, which had "Philadelphia Sixers" on the front:

469a_med.jpeg

The Shawn Bradley-era jerseys...I was a HUGE 76'ers guy in the '80's...Caldwell and Bobby Jones, Dr J, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks, the trade for Moses Malone, Clint Richardson...then it all went to hell after Julius Erving retired. Those jerseys cemented the team's demise.

I think it all ties back to the draft day trade when they traded #1 overall pick Brad Daugherty for Roy Hinson, and then Moses for Jeff Ruland. Those 30 minutes changed set the franchise back 15 years... some would say that they never truly recovered.

Don't forget the starburst unis, which had "Philadelphia Sixers" on the front:

469a_med.jpeg

The Shawn Bradley-era jerseys...I was a HUGE 76'ers guy in the '80's...Caldwell and Bobby Jones, Dr J, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks, the trade for Moses Malone, Clint Richardson...then it all went to hell after Julius Erving retired. Those jerseys cemented the team's demise.

I think it all ties back to the draft day trade when they traded #1 overall pick Brad Daugherty for Roy Hinson, and then Moses for Jeff Ruland. Those 30 minutes changed set the franchise back 15 years... some would say that they never truly recovered.

The NBA expanded the playoffs in 1983-1984...and that 76'ers team that should have been a dynasty for years lost in the first round to the New Jersey Nets, 3 games to 2. Philadelphia lost all 3 games played at The Spectrum. Stunning. Simply stunning.

that will look so ugly and out of place on their jerseys, and you can't even tell its a 30 year anniversary logo without reading the small font in the roundel. In needs a big "XXX" or "30" on the logo

I'm not too fond of the 30 year anniversary logo either. The Kings let their season ticket holders decide the logo, and there was only two choices.

BrZYHTRCcAAcur5.jpg

I'm not too fond of the 30 year anniversary logo either. The Kings let their season ticket holders decide the logo, and there was only two choices.

BrZYHTRCcAAcur5.jpg

Both are horrible

So the choices both include the color scheme that the team only used for 8 of their 30 years in Sacramento and not the scheme that every one associates them with?

That makes sense.

So the choices both include the color scheme that the team only used for 8 of their 30 years in Sacramento and not the scheme that every one associates them with?

That makes sense.

The kings staying in sacramento for 30 years does not make sense so this is fitting.

Why is that cursive Kings script still alive? What makes them think it works on any level? It is ugly, poorly constructed, (sloppy render) looks like a logo for an interstate van line that ships flour. The squiggle on the K looks like an accident. It's like a forced throwback. Some things are instant classics. These are not. The crown on the i is even worse. And totally, 22 years in purple and black...but 8 in red and blue - why would they use that for the anniversary logo.

BrZYHTRCcAAcur5.jpg

Ah, 9 seasons of that color scheme vs. 21 seasons of purple/black/silver, and it's r/w/b they choose for the anniversary. :/

Seriously? If you want to remember the r/w/b color scheme, the Kings already found a better way to incorporate it:

6ntlcqciwz9mpygmem1nz14pm.gif

Because Philly is just a slang word. It'd be like the Bulls having a "Chi Town" jersey.

Or a baseball team calling itself the Phillies...

BrZYHTRCcAAcur5.jpg

Both are horrible
The hate on the cursive KINGS script is overwhelming! Im in the minority that actually love it! Granted I agree the colors should have been purple silver black and the logo could've been executed alot better. Still average to decent anniversary logo.

Seeing how uni watch was almost right on the money with the Hornets uniform

Prototype

Hornets-White-400x483.jpg

Vs.

actual

Screen-shot-2014-06-19-at-11.18.32-AM.pn

I wonder when we will see news on Brooklyn's "Heritage" jersey?

Nets-Heritage-MockUp.jpg

Just wondering. Then again we have about 3 months til next season. Interesting the Hornets prototype DIDN'T have the NBA logo in the front (but the NETS one did?)

Just saw the Adidas catalog. Following teams have TBA listed next to 3rd jerseys

* Pelicans

* Warriors

* Wizards

* Bulls

Also these teams will have "pride jerseys" (much like Lakers Black, Pistons Motor City, ect)

* Suns

* Nets

* Magic

* Celtics

* Rockets

* Warriors

Also of note, Portland's Rip City jersey will now have sleeves