NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows no changes for the Hawks. Same home, road and red alt

Any changes for the Rockets? I've heard we are getting a new cut

from where?

The Houston Chronicle had a blog post on new home and away uniforms with different cut and our third jersey with sleeves for next year. It was deleted shortly after (it had quotes from players as well). Also the CEO fo the Rockets Tad Brown tweeted he would keep us posted on new uniforms.

This is a copy/paste of a post I made back in March on page 6 of this thread. It's the blog post that found itself deleted:

###

Some Rockets news, looks like "subtle" changes are on the way. This was lifted from a blog from the Houston Chronicle and posted on Clutchfans.net. Apparently, the original blog post has already been removed.

-------------------------

The Rockets brought their ketchup and mustard uniforms on Wednesday in Orlando and by next season, will show off a lot more of the old colors.

The Rockets alternate uniforms next season will feature the same red and yellow colors, but with short sleeved tops that the team will likely want to show off more than the five times they have worn the alternate uniforms this season. The Rockets, who will wear the alternates several more times this season, are 1-4 in their red and yellow uniforms this season.

The new alternate uniforms will not be the only change next season, though the other adjustment will be considerably more subtle than wearing sleeves. The cut of the home and road uniforms next season will be more like the current alternate uniforms, allowing for larger openings in the arms. Rockets players have preferred the feel of the alternate uniforms, leading to the change.

We like them because the arms are more skinny in the tank top instead of the big, bulky arm things, said forward Chandler Parsons, who as team captain was consulted on the uniform changes. It makes a tighter fit and makes you feel more free. And I liked the way the sleeves felt. I like tight clothes. So does Dwight (Howard.) I wore a t-shirt under my jersey in college. I like that feeling of having a tight shirt on. It doesnt restrict your arms.

###

Is the 32 rumor actually based on anything or more twitter trash? It stinks he won't "own" a number, since as has been mentioned the ones he's worn (and will wear if it's true) are already associated with legends.

Can't he wear #82 or something?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can't change your number in the middle of a season, I think.

Jordan changed from "45" to "23" in the middle of the playoffs! Was fined $50k(or 25k)each game for doing that but he did it anyway! Lebron got close to MJ money to do the same if he wanted to.

Id say he will probably wear ##23 cause thats the number they'll retire when its all said and done.

shado_logo.gif

There is still plenty of time for him to change his number before the season starts. And he wont be switching to 23 he believes that number should be retired by the whole league for Jordan. I dont know why he isn't wearing #6 but that is the number i see him wearing over any other

I actually think changing his number would be a good thing for LeBron to do now that he's back in Cleveland. #23 still has too much bad memories associated with it, best to leave that in the past. Same with #6, that's Miami's. Best to make an attempt at a fresh start with a new number (plus if he wants both Miami and Cleveland to retire his number, leaving #6 in Miami is the best thing to do).

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

For what it's worth, on the day LeBron announced he was headed back to Cleveland, LeBronJames.com added a photo illustration of him in a gold Cavaliers uniform with #6 and the 'Cleveland' road jersey wordmark below the photo with the number 6 under it. Both 6's have since been removed.

Do you retire 6 in Miami and 23 & 32 in Cleveland? It all just seems a bit odd to me.

EDIT: Here's an article I found on the subject of the number 23: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4650907

Saying he is willing to initiate the movement, LeBron James would like to see any NBA player who wears No. 23 to choose another number as homage to Michael Jordan.

I'm just not sure why he wouldn't stick with 6.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Do you retire 6 in Miami and 23 & 32 in Cleveland? It all just seems a bit odd to me.

EDIT: Here's an article I found on the subject of the number 23: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4650907

Saying he is willing to initiate the movement, LeBron James would like to see any NBA player who wears No. 23 to choose another number as homage to Michael Jordan.

I'm just not sure why he wouldn't stick with 6.

This is part of him going back to his roots and the 32 is part of that, #6 stays in Miami, 23 is complicated.

And this probably guarantees him being number in jersey sales agsin

Celtics and Magic "Pride" jerseys are grey.

Pics? Source? Come on Teal! :-P

No pics yet but I can try get some next week when I go back in-store.

Celtics and Magic "Pride" jerseys are grey.

Ugh. I just want the C's to make their old (pre sleeves) St. Pattys jerseys their permanent alternate. Any news on the Nets' pride jersey? I'm still holding out for a Brooklyn version of the 1985 nets jerseys, which I assume they'll be but without the vertical Brooklyn script.

Have not seen or heard anything about the Nets sorry, but I can have a look and try and get some info for you. Expect stars....

Jaguars

Archived