NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes Lukas comes off as well, a dick. It's just unwarranted attention towards Chris. Leaks are fun.

He works for ESPN. I'm pretty sure it's in their contract they have to act like that.

BsqyHn_CMAAYJdG.png

Note the listing of the number of titles for the franchise.

Also it says the spurs have 4 titles, which indicates that these models were made before the finals.

See, now this I like. It differentiates the multi-title teams from the one title teams in a cool way. (assuming they fix this to be 5X when these come out)

uhm...it´s almost impossible to see the number without a magnifying glass.........it think it absolutely blows, looks like when you wear a shirt and the tag inside the collar sticks up in the back of your neck

I think the Gold tags are a good idea in theory, but they lack the idea behind soccer/MLBASG execution. No matter if a team has won 1 title, or 10 titles, they each have a single gold tag. The numbers are distinguishable enough.

Why not small gold embroidered stars around the NBA logo? I also don't like the huge clash with the neck striping.

I think the Gold tags are a good idea in theory, but they lack the idea behind soccer/MLBASG execution. No matter if a team has won 1 title, or 10 titles, they each have a single gold tag. The numbers are distinguishable enough.

Why not small gold embroidered stars around the NBA logo? I also don't like the huge clash with the neck striping.

Lakers & Celtics will have messed up stars but i guess that isn't too bad...maybe a big star for 10+ , a medium size for 5+ and a smaller star for singles ?

Also wish i could see how it looks on the Cavs jersey ..with their wine and gold it will look pretty nice!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Lakers & Celtics will have messed up stars but i guess that isn't too bad...maybe a big star for 10+ , a medium size for 5+ and a smaller star for singles ?

Also wish i could see how it looks on the Cavs jersey ..with their wine and gold it will look pretty nice!

Or gold star for 10

Silver for 5

And then maybe white for 1

I don't think anyone has pointed it out yet, but on the Los Panderers jerseys, the Adidas logo will appear on the right chest. Moving the NBA logo to the back was obviously to make space for eventual advertisements, and these jerseys will introduce the Adidas logo to presumably temper fans to having advertisements on the jerseys.

EDIT: Apparently, those were swingmen jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

uhm...it´s almost impossible to see the number without a magnifying glass.........it think it absolutely blows, looks like when you wear a shirt and the tag inside the collar sticks up in the back of your neck

the numbers look plenty big on the actual jersey. Besides you only want it to be something you can actually read when you have the jersey right in front of you. You dont want it to take away from the look of the entire jersey by being able to read the tag on TV.

I don't think anyone has pointed it out yet, but on the Los Panderers jerseys, the Adidas logo will appear on the right chest. Moving the NBA logo to the back was obviously to make space for eventual advertisements, and these jerseys will introduce the Adidas logo to presumably temper fans to having advertisements on the jerseys.

Those are the Swingman jerseys. Those have always been there. In the booklet that was posted the authentic jerseys do not have the adidas logo.

Those are the Swingman jerseys. Those have always been there. In the booklet that was posted the authentic jerseys do not have the adidas logo.

Okay. I looked at the book quickly, but I guess I missed that those were swingmen. I didn't see authentics. Either way, it's pretty apparent the NBA logo was moved to the back to make room for advertisements.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The last two years' Christmas uniforms weren't great, but some thought was at least put in. This year, it's about as lazy as it gets... just a combination of thrown-together gimmicks with no consideration of how they fit together.

If we really need to have Christmas uniforms, why not recolor everyone's uniforms in red and kelly green and leave it at that? And bring back the snowflake patch as well.

I don't think basketball uniforms that looked like pajamas (sleeves or not) with click-and-fill logos/wordmarks/numbers/designs had as much thought as these IMO. To be honest I didn't mind the solid color sleeveless look just as long as the numbers/neck and arm bands/names contrasted with the uniform, but I digress.

That said, these are terrible and have only a marginal amount more thought and creativity than the last 2 years' uniforms. I'd like to see a team here and there put the name underneath the number, but now Adidas needs to understand that what works for the Philadelphia Flyers (IMO) doesn't work in the NBA.

Also, the FIRST name?! I just don't know what to think anymore. Give it a rest, Adidas.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Also, the FIRST name?! I just don't know what to think anymore. Give it a rest, Adidas.

Still miles ahead of the nickname jerseys, IMO. :lol:

I hope Sam Dalembert gets to play. He and I have the same name and I want to buy a jersey with my name on it!!!! [/not serious]

Go A's!

I think it's been pointed out that each gold tab will have a small Logoman (or was it a Larry O'Brien trophy?), a number and an "X" for how many championships that team has won. Speaking of the Cavs, here's MY theory on the tabs: what if, instead of the tabs representing how many titles that team has won, it shows how many titles that individual player has won? If LeBron never wins another title again, then he'd never get to wear the gold tab. On the other hand, anyone playing for the Lakers will have a 16x on their golden tabs. Does anyone think my theory is true? Or even if it's not, would it be a better idea than the tab showing the number of team titles?

I think it's been pointed out that each gold tab will have a small Logoman (or was it a Larry O'Brien trophy?), a number and an "X" for how many championships that team has won. Speaking of the Cavs, here's MY theory on the tabs: what if, instead of the tabs representing how many titles that team has won, it shows how many titles that individual player has won? If LeBron never wins another title again, then he'd never get to wear the gold tab. On the other hand, anyone playing for the Lakers will have a 16x on their golden tabs. Does anyone think my theory is true? Or even if it's not, would it be a better idea than the tab showing the number of team titles?
No it's not, a uniform is about uniformity, if one player has a gold tab and the rest of the players dont it is not a uniform any more, or the other way if you look at the spurs and the whole team except the new rookie and free agents having gold tabs.

Well, that's true, but here are some of the exceptions I can think of. In the NBA ASG, the D-League (I think) and the defunct NFL Europe, each player would have the patch of the team the belong to. In the NBA and the NHL, you have the captain "C," and in the NFL, you not only have the C plus four slots for stars, you fill up those stars until you fill the letter C. In college football, you have those stickers on the helmets (granted, it's more equipment than uniform). And in the Tour de France, the leader wears the yellow jersey while his teammates do not. Not exactly the same, I know, but it's a little like Will Crusher in Star Trek wearing a silver combadge or ranked officer wearing more stars/bars. Can anyone else think of any more examples?

dTevmpfl.jpg

Damn, that is sharp. Primary logo is on the shorts now, too.

Not sure about the double outlines... And the primary looks too big in that spot on the shorts, should've used the secondary there they got rid of.

man does the warriors new W logo on shorts stick out and not in a good way.

14670039405_a3412075ec.jpg

I like it, but I love belt buckles. I think this should be a standard design feature on NBA shorts.

Lateral move. I didn't like what they had before either.

1011Starting5_Email2_02.jpg

That previous logo worked better on the waist.

adidas continues to ruin Christmas over and over. Just stick a Christmas Tree or wreath on the right side of the chest of the teams' regular uniforms and let that be it.

Why should there be separate Christmas uniforms in the first place?

Archived