NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I preferred the old Bucks wordmark. But it's a moot point, seeing how all signs are pointing to a total rebrand next year.

I sure hope so but why would they change the jersey for only one season?

It's really more of a "tweak" than an actual change... I wouldn't read too much into it.

Bucks changed the word mark on their jersey's

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/bucks-unveil-jersey-changes-for-2014-15

New:

img_5678.jpg

Next to the "K," this "S" actually looks smaller as opposed to being of the same size. BTW, which came first, this reveal or the rookie photo? It's small, but you can see the new Bucks jersey in that rookie shot:

BuHudFiCMAAbmWp.jpg

Now, how about updating that logo, too?

Buckslogo_zps6a6e3240.jpg

The only thing that logo needs is a new font for Milwaukee the current one looks so boring and unprofessional

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Bucks changed the word mark on their jersey's

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/bucks-unveil-jersey-changes-for-2014-15

New:

img_5678.jpg

Next to the "K," this "S" actually looks smaller as opposed to being of the same size. BTW, which came first, this reveal or the rookie photo? It's small, but you can see the new Bucks jersey in that rookie shot:

BuHudFiCMAAbmWp.jpg

Now, how about updating that logo, too?

The only thing that logo needs is a new font for Milwaukee the current one looks so boring and unprofessional

Wow, I never noticed that. That's awful!

7fbf253b33fd17e5084043bfdf5e1d72_crop_ex

Pretty much official...

How so?

LeBron's not even wearing the right number

I figured YOU KNOW I WAS TALKING ABOUT Kevin Love to Cleveland..we already discussed and verified James going to #23 already.

Never realized the Milwaukee font was soo plain until now!!

shado_logo.gif

Never realized the Milwaukee font was soo plain until now!!

Between the awful beveled BUCKS and the depressed-looking deer, I really didn't notice how plain Milwaukee was either. Yet another reason why they need a new logo I guess

That's because you were distracted by the super-sized letter "B" and "S"! After I made them smaller, "Milwaukee" had nowhere to hide!

There's apparently a lot of red tape and money involved with changing the "main" logo of a franchise, which is why most teams opt for color swaps for that logo and we end up with silly things like the red, white and blue Wizard logo (and then they don't use that for much anyway). I think the Bucks logo is fine, it's not terribly interesting but at least they have gone back to red and green.

Wow, they couldn't even get the jersey right?!? The purple's the wrong shade and the checkerboard design should be smaller.

The color's not as far off as you might think...the original Illustrator files used by the NBA are notoriously bad. Here's a color-corrected version of that uniform script:

SacramentoKings_UNS0301a_1995-1998_SCC_S

Archived