NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I said "it" needs more Bulls logos, I was referring to the practice court, not the United Center.

Doesn't change that 5 of the same logo on a court is just clutter and does not look good.
Obviously somebody thinks it looks good since the general look of the Bulls' court dates back to 1987.

When I said "it" needs more Bulls logos, I was referring to the practice court, not the United Center.

Doesn't change that 5 of the same logo on a court is just clutter and does not look good.
Obviously somebody thinks it looks good since the general look of the Bulls' court dates back to 1987.
Because Jordan won on it, and that's the only reason.

Actually, it's because Reinsdorf is a cheapskate. Let's call it for what it is.

He also lost on it too. The Bulls lost in 1988, (they lost the Game 4 of their 2nd round series against Detroit & were eliminated in Game 5 in Pontiac). They were eliminated on that court in Game 6 of the '89 ECF Finals in Chicago. At Chicago Stadium, they only clinched the title once at home during their first 3-Peat. At the United Center, the '95 Bulls blew a lead late in Game 6 of their 2nd round series against the Magic and were eliminated. The Chicago Bulls have and have had a great looking court. It would look great if Michael Jordan had nothing to do with the franchise. If I said the Bulls' court sucked, I'm positive you would say it was the greatest ever. There's been a trend.

He also lost on it too. The Bulls lost in 1988, (they lost the Game 4 of their 2nd round series against Detroit & were eliminated in Game 5 in Pontiac). They were eliminated on that court in Game 6 of the '89 ECF Finals in Chicago. At Chicago Stadium, they only clinched the title once at home during their first 3-Peat. At the United Center, the '95 Bulls blew a lead late in Game 6 of their 2nd round series against the Magic and were eliminated. The Chicago Bulls have and have had a great looking court. It would look great if Michael Jordan had nothing to do with the franchise. If I said the Bulls' court sucked, I'm positive you would say it was the greatest ever. There's been a trend.
You are not saying one reason it could actually be good. I've given many reasons why it is bad design. You saying "i like it so it has to be good" like you have done with pull overs and sans-a-belt pants isn't a good reason because you know nothing about design.

Eh, I'm just indifferent to the court. I prefer the Chicago Stadium variant because it actually uses the appropriate baseline font, is dominantly red, and is generally cleaner. The 4 additional Bulls could either stay or go, but I wouldn't care all that much.

Getting back on track, I can't wait to see what "crazy" idea the Pelicans concocted. I'm sure they'll have to settle for their current blandness, but there's so much they can do with that identity.

Eh, I'm just indifferent to the court. I prefer the Chicago Stadium variant because it actually uses the appropriate baseline font, is dominantly red, and is generally cleaner. The 4 additional Bulls could either stay or go, but I wouldn't care all that much.

Yes! I like the UC court, but the Chicago Stadium court was a better version of it. Red out-of-bounds, better baseline font, and no basketball behind the mid-court logo.

Bulls brand, uniforms, and court would've been altered many times if Jordan hadn't won a slew of titles in the 90's. There's no argument about why the Bulls still look the way they look, it's a fact.

You can argue about how good or bad it looks, it doesn't matter. It's like the Eiffel Tower. They'll never change any of that stuff.

I disagree, at least in terms of their brand and uniforms. Obviously it's hard for me (as a fan in particular) to remove the emotional interest, but I think the logo is classic and the uniforms are top five in the league. I'm not a big fan of the court.

I think the only reason for them to change the logos and uniforms would have been "just because." And while lots of franchises do stupid crap like changing in feeble hopes of increasing fan interest or making the players play better by looking cooler, I don't think the Bulls would have done that. Just look at Reinsdorf's other team, the White Sox. They have had issues with fan interest and attendance, but they've never decided to switch uniforms just for the hell of it. They found a classic look in 1991 and stuck with it. The Bulls found theirs in the '80s and would have stuck with it had the Bulls ended up with Sam Perkins instead.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Actually, it's because Reinsdorf is a cheapskate. Let's call it for what it is.

This is an awful post. I mean, what the hell? Do you realize that the floors are replaced/refinished every few years, no matter what? The Bulls' court has likely been wiped clean and repainted 2-3 times since the United Center opened. And where is this "Reinsdorf is the cheapest man ever" meme coming from, other than the dark undertones? It's not Admiral, because his shtick is "Reinsdorf is evil and racist by association" but doesn't really include cheapness.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

While we're on the topic of the Bulls... Here's a decent concept I found.

I think there's a lot here that would transfer well, in terms of a Bulls refresh/update.

(Not trying to jack the thread, just didn't want to start a new thread)

*THIS IS A CONCEPT* (not by me)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived