NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;

The Bulls court sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

I don't believe there was any sucking involved, but there was definitely kissing involved. The Bulls court was and is that good! No other basketball court around that warrants this affection.

138930.jpg

no basketball under the bull head ?

While we're on the topic of the Bulls... Here's a decent concept I found.

I think there's a lot here that would transfer well, in terms of a Bulls refresh/update.

(Not trying to jack the thread, just didn't want to start a new thread)

*THIS IS A CONCEPT* (not by me)

Nice. That's the kind of update I can get behind...some modern elements, but still retain some of the tradition.

;

The Bulls court sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

I don't believe there was any sucking involved, but there was definitely kissing involved. The Bulls court was and is that good! No other basketball court around that warrants this affection.

138930.jpg

Final game at Chicago Stadium.

bSLCtu2.png

The Bulls' court is classic. You can say "well if you take away the history..." but at the end of the day that's part of the emotional connection the design has going for it.

Exactly. And it works for them. I don't think every team should use the same logo five times on their court, or even multiple logos in five spaces, but it works for the Bulls, and it wouldn't look right without them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think there's a lot here that would transfer well, in terms of a Bulls refresh/update.

Nice. That's the kind of update I can get behind...some modern elements, but still retain some of the tradition.

I think it's mediocre at best on its own, and terrible when you consider that it would be change just to say we changed. Nothing in that set is better than what the Bulls currently have.

Final game at Chicago Stadium.

Yes. I think it was September of 1994, during his first retirement. Scottie Pippen had a charity game at Chicago Stadium for its last event. As I remember, Jordan surprised everybody by showing up.

In case anybody didn't know, the Bulls gave Jordan the center circle portion of the Chicago Stadium floor as a gift. He has it in his trophy room.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Despite the obvious success and tradition associated with them, the Bulls' current uniforms - IMO - are an outdated relic from the early '70s, where every high school and collegiate program had that stupid diamond pattern on the shorts. Of course, those '70s unis also had belts and knee-high tube socks. (!)

I don't love everything about that concept, but as someone who remembers the Norm Van Lier and Tom Boerwinkle days, I think a modernization - not an overhaul - should be considered.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but it looks like the Wizards added the monument ball logo to their waist line

Bxmc3zbCQAIE3Ts.jpg

Compare to: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/489635961-bradley-beal-of-the-washington-wizards-looks-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXseBwTGU9wgku9wcGO5ithhPgLZ7qJhE0yqIf9bM0E8B

90758391980.gif

Probably because the one on the back got replaced by the NBA logo

Wow, this is actually a really good and appropriate and the first Bulls update concept I've seen that I like (sans the diamond motif on the shorts resembling horns, which makes for dual horns along with the logo). Even those forehead wrinkles under the collar make for a great and appropriate detail that supports the identity very well.

The Hawks CEO wrote a letter to the fans and this appeared at the head of the letter.

XlpHB3B.png

I get the feeling this is going to be the Hawks primary after a year or two.

Yeah i saw that too..its almost a guarantee now that Hawks will change that as their primary and possibly introduce new unis within next 2 years.

shado_logo.gif

Archived