NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

The Hawks CEO wrote a letter to the fans and this appeared at the head of the letter.

XlpHB3B.png

I get the feeling this is going to be the Hawks primary after a year or two.

They won't make it the official primary logo because of the NBA's stupid rules. Did you know that this is still the Utah Jazz's "primary" logo?

200px-Utah_Jazz_logo%2C_%282010_%27new_l

It's nowhere to be found on their court, jerseys, etc., but as far as the NBA is concerned, that's their primary.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bulls court sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

I don't believe there was any sucking involved, but there was definitely kissing involved. The Bulls court was and is that good! No other basketball court around that warrants this affection.

138930.jpg

Scottie Pippen looks fat here. Do I see moobs (man boobs) on him?

The Bulls court sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

I don't believe there was any sucking involved, but there was definitely kissing involved. The Bulls court was and is that good! No other basketball court around that warrants this affection.

138930.jpg

Scottie Pippen looks fat here. Do I see moobs (man boobs) on him?

Nope and nope. He's pretty toned in that picture.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Hawks CEO wrote a letter to the fans and this appeared at the head of the letter.

XlpHB3B.png

Terrible as a primary logo. Never liked this weak logo replacing the previous secondary in the first place.

XlpHB3B.png

They won't make it the official primary logo because of the NBA's stupid rules. Did you know that this is still the Utah Jazz's "primary" logo?

It's nowhere to be found on their court, jerseys, etc., but as far as the NBA is concerned, that's their primary.

The Hawks logo is different because it also has the city name in it. The Jazz can't use the music note as a Primary because it doesn't say Utah on it.

Jazz-Logo-500_1.jpg

I've been wondering the very same thing. Why doesn't Utah management just put "Utah" back on the note logo? It'd be so simple. Unless they're planning Operation Emerald, which I would highly doubt.

just seen reputable news that tomorrow's alt uni will be Nola's:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/514130402743562241

i'd imagine it will be a red uni with NOLA on it, but that's just speculation on my part. no insider info, unfortunately.

I was thinking it was the Pelicans, not the Mavericks.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

XlpHB3B.png

The Hawks logo is different because it also has the city name in it. The Jazz can't use the music note as a Primary because it doesn't say Utah on it.

Jazz-Logo-500_1.jpg

I've been wondering the very same thing. Why doesn't Utah management just put "Utah" back on the note logo? It'd be so simple. Unless they're planning Operation Emerald, which I would highly doubt.

They did... That logo isn't photoshopped, that's an official Utah Jazz logo. The rules have nothing to do with having the city name. The NBA just charges a crazy amount to change your primary logo, so teams have begun just creating a secondary logo and using it everywhere, basically negating the terms "secondary" and "primary."

XlpHB3B.png

Jazz-Logo-500_1.jpg

They did... That logo isn't photoshopped, that's an official Utah Jazz logo. The rules have nothing to do with having the city name. The NBA just charges a crazy amount to change your primary logo, so teams have begun just creating a secondary logo and using it everywhere, basically negating the terms "secondary" and "primary."

You sure about that? The version with the "Utah" at the top isn't on the mothership. The HWC version is the only one I've seen the Jazz actually use with "Utah" at the top.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

XlpHB3B.png

Jazz-Logo-500_1.jpg

You sure about that? The version with the "Utah" at the top isn't on the mothership. The HWC version is the only one I've seen the Jazz actually use with "Utah" at the top.

Hmm... on further research, you may be right. I've seen it several other places but nothing "official." Regardless, it wouldn't matter because of the NBA's rules. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see another "primary" logo change sans a team changing names.

Archived