Conrad.

NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

Lights Out concept is good too!! a bit drastic but still a lot better than those two-toned concepts or plain jane courts that already exists.

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

You can't be serious.

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

Why is it that whenever I see court concepts on this board, they always have corporate logos on them? People are upset about ads on the uniforms, yet the concepts I'm seeing have blatant ads on the floor and as far as I know that's mostly against the NBA's rules. Usually it's just a stylized font, but people are just straight up adding logos to the courts here.

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

Why is it that whenever I see court concepts on this board, they always have corporate logos on them? People are upset about ads on the uniforms, yet the concepts I'm seeing have blatant ads on the floor and as far as I know that's mostly against the NBA's rules. Usually it's just a stylized font, but people are just straight up adding logos to the courts here.

:therock:

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

LOL........it´s because folks care about details

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

I think you're confused with a different rule. The Trail Blazers currently use the same font as moda health's official logo on their court - the same font as the company's logo. The rose isn't part of the company's official logo.

Same with FedEx Forum. It's the exact same font FedEx uses in its official logo. Same with Pepsi Center...so on and so forth.

G6jth4j.jpg

Shameless plug alert:

RyxsPPM.png

That makes no sense.

You're angry that a concept matches what actually is being used in the NBA?

I honestly haven't caught a Blazers game in a while since the name changed to Moda Center. My bad. I'll chalk that one up as an L.

Shameless plug alert:

I think you're confused with a different rule. The Trail Blazers currently use the same font as moda health's official logo on their court - the same font as the company's logo. The rose isn't part of the company's official logo.

Same with FedEx Forum. It's the exact same font FedEx uses in its official logo. Same with Pepsi Center...so on and so forth.

Was there formerly a rule though? Corporate fonts on courts seems like a recent development. For years they seemed to have more generic fonts and I wondered if it was by rule.

Shameless plug alert:

Was there formerly a rule though? Corporate fonts on courts seems like a recent development. For years they seemed to have more generic fonts and I wondered if it was by rule.

No it's just there weren't as many corporate sponsored arenas back in the day

Shameless plug alert:

No it's just there weren't as many corporate sponsored arenas back in the day

Not as many as now, but there were still plenty, and I remember seeing lots of generic fonts where there easily could have been corporate fonts. I mean as recently as 5 years ago. Target cetner, Toyota Center come to mind.

Those were Helvetica as used by Target and Toyota.

If they rebrand, they'll hopefully do something that resembles what their name is (speedy sail-powered ships), hopefully.