NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do know that the Gray and Blue Nets' alt will be modified a bit for next season (mostly just putting the herringbone design into the side stripe); might be the reason for the inclusion there.

Hard to say, because the same catalog said that the "Dodgers" uni is now alternate:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsnJ517IQAAgM6Z.png

ah, nice catch.

should be a new uni design then for the Nets Pride uni.

yes, some buildings you do need the rights to, the Mets don't OWN the rights to those building but may have paid or needed to get approval to use those buildings, but what do I know, I'm only speaking from experience.

What kind of experience? It's possible that there are certain uses that require approval/rights whilst others that do not.

A couple of examples of the Championship Marks that are going on the back neck of the jerseys next season...first, Boston's:

BostonCeltics_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB.png

...and, for an example of when a team has one championship, the Kings:

SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB.p

No - OKC does NOT display one (for the Seattle championship).

And once you actually see your team play in the sleeved uniform, they're not bad as long as the colors are nice.

The magic uniform should look good as long as the pinstripes look good.

The rockets one will work too.

The warriors won't look to good because the colors are weird.

The warriors should have a gold home uni, with blue outlines for their New alt.

Celtics pride uni should a reverse of their St Paddys day uniform. It would look different but has a lot of potential

Heat are probably doing one of those big color jerseys again.

This would be tolerable if they removed the arched "Cleveland" and navy.

By377SDCIAEwHza.jpg

Pretty much the same opinion I have here as I had in regards to the usage of Dallas' skyline ...why? It's almost as if the Cavs put the arched Cleveland font to alert casual fans this isn't just some random mis-shaded spots of hardwood, it's the skyline of Cleveland.

No offense, I don't hate Cleveland, as I don't hate Dallas. I just find their usage of skyline as a bit forceful considering they may not be as known to the masses. A skyline court would be perfect for the Knicks, Bulls, LA teams, Wizards or even the Warriors (once in SF). But what if Orlando did a skyline court? How about a Memphis skyline jersey? IMO, not every city can go the skyline route.

Also, I think this would look better with the "C Sword" logo. And yes, more navy into the equation. Those Navy Cavs Fanatics jerseys are beautiful.

NYCdog.png

yes, some buildings you do need the rights to, the Mets don't OWN the rights to those building but may have paid or needed to get approval to use those buildings, but what do I know, I'm only speaking from experience.

Do photographers that sell skyline portraits need to get rights for the buildings in the skyline photo? The Lanham Act offers some protection for owners of the intellectual property, but I can see how using the general outline of "tops" of buildings may be in the public domain. Using a quick search, I believe precedent has been set - general skylines, including buildings that are distinct marks, are not always protected under IP law, but a single landmark building in a logo (ie Space Needle, Reunion Tower, Willis Tower) does need approval or rights transfer.

Getting approval and obtaining rights or a license are different legal concepts. One is a "Sure" the other is "Only if you pay $$".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The best change the NBA could make for 2014-2015 would be to ship OKC back to Seattle and re-commission this exact Sonics logo!

Yeah and maybe we can just ship LA back to Minneapolis and recreate their old logo too!

You bet! And if I were king, the LA Clippers would move back to Buffalo and be the Braves again and the Spirits of St Louis and the Kentucky Colonels would get into the NBA. The Warriors could stay in Golden State though because 76'ers is a far cooler name for Philadelphia, who obviously can't move back to Syracuse because it's cooler than Nationals too.

Pretty much the same opinion I have here as I had in regards to the usage of Dallas' skyline ...why? It's almost as if the Cavs put the arched Cleveland font to alert casual fans this isn't just some random mis-shaded spots of hardwood, it's the skyline of Cleveland.

No offense, I don't hate Cleveland, as I don't hate Dallas. I just find their usage of skyline as a bit forceful considering they may not be as known to the masses. A skyline court would be perfect for the Knicks, Bulls, LA teams, Wizards or even the Warriors (once in SF). But what if Orlando did a skyline court? How about a Memphis skyline jersey? IMO, not every city can go the skyline route.

That's just not a real reason, to me. I don't get that at all...

Everyone is going to add a skyline and every court will look stupid.

It's a million times better than sleeved jerseys.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Skylines aren't for everyone to use. Truth is, a bunch of buildings is generic as hell. Shoot, even the Nuggets had the good sense to stick a mountain behind theirs to make it distinct. Even if you do have a few clear landmarks, you'd do much better by focusing solely on those, as opposed to sticking a bunch of other buildings with them.

Adidas should be ashamed of themselves. White pinstripes on a light grey jersey is an incredibly stupid idea.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

A couple of examples of the Championship Marks that are going on the back neck of the jerseys next season...first, Boston's:

BostonCeltics_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB.png

...and, for an example of when a team has one championship, the Kings:

SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB.p

No - OKC does NOT display one (for the Seattle championship).

Do you have an idea what font is the number? Thank you!

10712732_569935039799140_383189481918868

Possible new pacers court..props to TVIXX for the facebook link.

Hard to be sure, but looks like they fixed the grey-white line inconsistency between the jersey and the shorts also.

Compare to: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/0c9109c71ea0524d9fe840f91fabd67bb94a26a9/r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/06/02/1370151672000-paulgeorgesidergame6heatpacers-1306020144_3_4.jpg

90758391980.gif

Archived