NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Uniwatch is saying the Cavs' floor needs to be changed. Doesn't say why or offer any additional details.

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/519141142445981696

Edit: According to a site called "Believeland insider":

The NBA has warned Cleveland that it's because of the skyline and Cleveland on the floor. They just can't have that. If they continue to have that, it will be a $100k fine for each game, and after 4 games they forfeit games!

http://believelandinsider.weebly.com/cavs/cavs-new-court-must-be-changed

Awesome, the NBA is on my side against Skyline For Skyline's Sake

EDIT:

Dan Gilbert tweeted the court change isn't true.

https://twitter.com/cavsdan/status/519141185995411457

damn, my hopes were up for nothing
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me why people glorify the old logo instead of the mugshot?

I can see the lack of love for the current logo, but honestly the only appeal I find in the Bango one is the novelty of it being something that would never be used today.
I love the mugshot a lot 8/10. just love the old logo 9/10 cause thats what i was used to growing up.
shado_logo.gif

Here's my problem with the Hawks new court.

It's not bad. I don't like the red keys. As mbannon alluded to, if they left the white out of the logo and maybe kept the keys blue, I'd like it.

The problem is that while this court does have blue all the way around the perimeter, the perimeter blends into the stands, bringing only the colors of red and wooden texture into the picture.

The Hawks uniforms are primarily navy blue and white, while the Hawks new brand, for the most part, is emphasizing red.

The problem is that while this court does have blue all the way around the perimeter, the perimeter blends into the stands, bringing only the colors of red and wooden texture into the picture.

I don't think the Hawks will be playing their home games in an empty arena. The seat colors won't matter when games are played there.

Go A's!

Cavaliers court looks really good on TV.

7NViNoQ.jpg

I love the Cavs new court, but I want to know what they're going to do when they have to put the Playoff logo on the floor.

Maybe inside the three point archs, where the secondary logos used to be.

My thoughts, exactly. They removed the C-Sword logos inside the 3 point arc, next to the key. I'm sure they will mix and match the Quicken Loans Arena logo position and the old C-Sword logo position during the playoffs. That's the only reason to NOT include such a solid logo on the court somewhere.

^ Maccabi????? Did someone relocate or did the NBA expand? Maybe this is why I don't hear much about the Saettle Sonics anymore. When did they move? And where the heck is Maccabi?

The New Orleans Hornets moved back to Charlotte and became the Hornets again. The Seattle SuperSonics moved to New Orleans and became the Pelicans. Then, the LA Lakers moved to Israel and became Maccabi. That's why you haven't seen Kobe on the court in a while.

sig.png

^ Maccabi????? Did someone relocate or did the NBA expand? Maybe this is why I don't hear much about the Saettle Sonics anymore. When did they move? And where the heck is Maccabi?

Maccabi is an Israeli team that has been playing exhibition/preseason games with the NBA for almost 10years! Where have you been?
shado_logo.gif

The Jazz have made a slight change to their Secondary but really primary logo.

BzUVc90CcAIwVfA.png

YES! I'm glad somebody cares enough about the visual identity to clean it up. I love the Jazz's look (slightly biased), but the minor imperfections bothered me.

ujsignature.png

And where the heck is Maccabi?

Maccabi (many teams in Israel have this name) is Israeli team located in Tel Aviv and they won Euroleague in last season (Euroleague is something like Champions League in football). David Blatt was head coach of Maccabi before Cavs.

BTW this "Dodgers" Nets jersey is actually third uniform not "Pride".

4r2eer.png

Archived