NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

The Jazz have made a slight change to their Secondary but really primary logo.

BzUVc90CcAIwVfA.png

Speaking of which: I'm probably reading into this way too much, but I was at a local apparel store and noticed that the green team shirseys* appear to be a lighter shade of green than in past years. Not a kelly green like the 1980s throwbacks, but more of a medium green. More than likely it's a result of several shades of green being used in merchandising, but then again the Jazz made such a minor change to their logo. Maybe my hopes that some tweaks to the color scheme may come someday

*Not sleeved jerseys, but rather t-shirts loosely based on the uniform, with the logo/wordmark on front and the name and number on back.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BzUVc90CcAIwVfA.png

Speaking of which: I'm probably reading into this way too much, but I was at a local apparel store and noticed that the green team shirseys* appear to be a lighter shade of green than in past years. Not a kelly green like the 1980s throwbacks, but more of a medium green. More than likely it's a result of several shades of green being used in merchandising, but then again the Jazz made such a minor change to their logo. Maybe my hopes that some tweaks to the color scheme may come someday

*Not sleeved jerseys, but rather t-shirts loosely based on the uniform, with the logo/wordmark on front and the name and number on back.

So is the logo on the floor altered, as well? How about on the jerseys? Thank you; it's kind of hard to tell.

BzUVc90CcAIwVfA.png

So is the logo on the floor altered, as well? How about on the jerseys? Thank you; it's kind of hard to tell.

I went to the preseason opener and didn't think so, but as far as jerseys are concerned, it looks like the note has been changed...

1426471.jpg

If that doesn't work, this one (which I can't get to link) will.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Some of you may not notice but the NBA logo position (just below the waist) on the shorts is now the same for all team "I think?".

As you can see in 2014 Rookie Photoshoot some of the teams is not yet updated, looking from left to right, the team which NBA logo is not below waste is; Celtics, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks, 76ers

sole-watch-nba-rookie-photo-shoot-2014-h

And by looking at the 2014 Media Day for each team it's now updated.

Celtics

mediaday_2014-09-29_at_18-33-25.jpg

Heat

hpg1415-andersen02-md-140926.jpg

Pistons

pistons-3272_1.jpg

Nets

nsb_2129_0.jpg

Hawks

pero-antic-dominique-wilkins-nba-atlanta

76ers

456393648_10.jpg

And you can also check NBA 2K15 the positions is all the same.

Some of the Wiz wearing the new alternates:

B0exdngCcAApoSh.jpgB0exdmMCcAEqsGM.jpg

EDIT: Also... https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo/status/524583430202597376 https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo/status/524583133950513152

@jorgeccastillo: #Wizards will wear alternate uniforms 13 times. They’ll also wear standard red road jerseys at home Nov. 21 vs. Cavs and Apr. 3 vs. Knicks.

@jorgeccastillo: #Wizards announce they will wear alternate blue unis every Weds road game and at home Dec 3 vs. Lakers and March 25 vs. Pacers.

90758391980.gif

Some of the Wiz wearing the new alternates:

B0exdngCcAApoSh.jpgB0exdmMCcAEqsGM.jpg

Swing and a miss. I don't like the shorts. Should've kept the same template.

+1. The jersey needs that white stripe across the chest. I don't think the new side stripe treatment is strong enough to compensate.

Besides: the current template's styling cues have a point: the center stripe is a nice homage to the old school Bullets' unis, and the short side panels form a nice "W" and a star. These stripes seem kinda meaningless. As someone else said, the color balance is now off: too much red on the jersey; too much white on the shorts.

Lastly: I know they're de-emphasizing the Leapin' Wizard primary, but I'm surprised the #1 secondary (de facto primary) "dc" logo isn't anywhere to be found on this kit; instead, they're emphasizing the Monument-Ball logo. Now, I like the Monument-Ball logo, but I think they should've found somewhere to put the "dc" logo other than on the belt buckle.

Overall, the design isn't terrible, but it's still a step down from a simple recolored primary. And, by going with "washington" instead of "chocolate city", it's a *huuuge* missed opportunity. ;)

I know the Adidas replicas are far from accurate representations of the on-court unis, but the backs of the Wizards' alts look very similar to the backs of the primaries:

8797601955870.jpg

8796948135966.jpg

The "logo" notch in the shoulder yoke looks smaller on the alt (not sure why), but that's about it.

BTW, the Wizards' store is *still* selling Wall, Beal, and Nene jerseys with the now-obsolete horizontal back stripe. Jerseys for the newer team members (Pierce, Porter) don't have 'em, but they didn't bother to refresh the unis for players with longer tenure. That's sloppy. :/

8796132048926.jpg

I wonder why the NBA logo is off center in that graphic.

Probably because these official graphics that the NBA puts out every year are chock-full of mistakes.

The QA Dept. there isn't very good, from what I've seen. Really sloppy.

Not a fan of those Wizards alts. The red shoulders do nothing for it, aesthetically.

Just looks top heavy.

They almost could've filled the space in red where the logos are on the shorts.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived