MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love some more feedback about the Mariners, but in the meantime...

Can't wait for Seattle, btw, can you make a cream colored home set for your Brewers? Just curious about what that would look like. Thanks

creamuniform.png

I was reviewing this thread and found this, thanks, it looks great and so do the Mariners. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the remaining teams.

All three home uniforms are great. The white and powder blue really shine compared to the royal, but it's still done well. You're using just the right amount of gold; love it.

Well, maybe a little more gold on the powder blue would be cool with me.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thank you for all the complements on the Royals.

Any hints what you might be planning for the Twins?

I can do better. I can post the concept.

The Twins already do a great job of incorporating different eras into their designs. For example, they brought back the twins-shaking-hands logo that they used as a logo from 1961 to 1986. Also their cursive Minnesota script is an update of an original script.

TWINSLOGOS.png

TWINSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

TWINSROADUNIFORMS.png

TWINSElementExplanation.png

The most difficult decision for me was which Twins script to use. I decided that their current mark is more unique than having another cursive script. They also won their first World Series the year they switched to their current script (and won another four years later). I did decide to emphasize navy in the uniform though to tie in the first 11 years of their time in Minnesota.

I decided to give them pinstripes on the road. No one has this look right now in MLB, and it isn't my favorite, but I thought one team could make it work. The Twins have used pinstripes on their gray jersey for 22 years (I don't know of any other team who wore them longer in the fairly recent past), so I thought they were the best candidate for that look. I also brought back the M-hat for road games, so now the home hat honors the Twin Cities, while the road hats represent all of Minnesota.

I removed the drop-shadows from the logo and replaced it with a white stroke. I think that it gives the logo a sharper look.

award%20sig.png

Road pinstripes are such a goofy Twins thing, but it feels great to see them again, especially with the much better new script font for Minnesota.

The one thing I would change is navy bills for home and red bills for away like the Twins have always done: it feels very weird to see the opposite.

Man, this is a great look for the Twins. My favorite detail is the inverted colors on the home pinstripes script.

I too am not a big fan of road pinstripes but I like the idea of it being unique to the Twins (I also love how it looks on your Cubs concept) and think it works well with the Twins' color scheme.

No complaints here. I do wish you had given them the white front-paneled cap but I imagine it would clash badly with a pinstriped uniform.

Thank you for all the complements on the Royals.

Any hints what you might be planning for the Twins?

I can do better. I can post the concept.

The Twins already do a great job of incorporating different eras into their designs. For example, they brought back the twins-shaking-hands logo that they used as a logo from 1961 to 1986. Also their cursive Minnesota script is an update of an original script.

TWINSLOGOS.png

TWINSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

TWINSROADUNIFORMS.png

TWINSElementExplanation.png

The most difficult decision for me was which Twins script to use. I decided that their current mark is more unique than having another cursive script. They also won their first World Series the year they switched to their current script (and won another four years later). I did decide to emphasize navy in the uniform though to tie in the first 11 years of their time in Minnesota.

I decided to give them pinstripes on the road. No one has this look right now in MLB, and it isn't my favorite, but I thought one team could make it work. The Twins have used pinstripes on their gray jersey for 22 years (I don't know of any other team who wore them longer in the fairly recent past), so I thought they were the best candidate for that look. I also brought back the M-hat for road games, so now the home hat honors the Twin Cities, while the road hats represent all of Minnesota.

I removed the drop-shadows from the logo and replaced it with a white stroke. I think that it gives the logo a sharper look.

to me it looks no different then what they have this year or over the last few years.

would have liked to see the cursive font on at least one home jersey. one red TC cap and maybe a red alt. i know they only wore teh red alt for like one year but it looks cool. how do i upload an attachment so i can show ya guys what i am seeing?

to me it looks no different then what they have this year or over the last few years.

would have liked to see the cursive font on at least one home jersey. one red TC cap and maybe a red alt. i know they only wore teh red alt for like one year but it looks cool. how do i upload an attachment so i can show ya guys what i am seeing?

I don't know...I saw the Twins play the White Sox this year while wearing red alternate tops and they looked absolutely awful.

Wow, only one division left!

The AL East is filled with some truly storied teams. The first three have worn virtually the same uniforms for their entire existence, while the latter two should produce some interesting results. I'm most excited to see what you do with Tampa.

I really hope you use this script for the Orioles.

Archived