MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... I don't really like the use of the orange alt on the road. I've always felt that the orange jersey should stay in home games. ...

I would like to applaud you with everything else, especially the striping and the tertiary logo. Good job!

I second both these statements, though I could see the Orange Friday Jersey making a road trip to Oakland for a deliciously retina burning series against the A's in their Yellows! (That is, if you think the A's will get a Yellow jersey in your uni-verse)

Home Creams, Orange Friday, and Road Greys look mighty fine, Although you did take away the redundant charm of the main logo on the Home Cream sleeves.

On the Black Jersey:

1) Cream outlines on the monogram, name, and number look rather thin, almost invisible. Either thicken them up or eliminate it.

2) While I personally don't think the Giants need a Black jersey in their program, I like this somewhat contrived jersey that you've come up with. It's much better than their BP looks of recent years and especially the atrocious 2001-2002 experiments.

I must say, you've done a fantastic job with the Giants! I especially love how you found ways to incorporate the 83-93 cuff design on the uniforms, and alternate logos are fantastic. The only nitpick I have with this set is that maybe the color of the cuffs on the black alt/sock stripes should be reversed (big orange stripe, two small creme stripes instead of big creme stripe, two small orange stripes). Other than that, you're NL is fantastic and I can't wait to see what you do with the AL (especially the Orioles and A's).

That tertiary logo is neat. I've never seen it before. It was ahead of its time in a way because it looks more like something someone would design today rather than back in the 1940s.

I'd go ahead and put "St. Louis" on the road uniforms. Per your link, there is evidence the team actually wore uniforms that said "St. Louis" across the front on the road, so those St. Louis alternates don't have to be restricted to just home use.

There are two more things I'd add to this set. First, in the 70s and 80s the Cardinals had a powder blue set they wore on the road. I'd include that as an alternate. Second, though I personally never liked them I'd also add the bird-on-bat caps back. Like them or not they are a part of the Cardinals' history and can't be left out.

Looks like it could be Bob Gibson as a bird.

Thanks for all the feedback; I have updated some things like the striping order and outlines on the alternate uniforms. Here are some of the options that you wanted to see. I'm not sure what I think of these, so let me know your opinions.

This is the Giants script from their New York days (and as far as I can tell in San Fran. until '72) with an added drop shadow:

ScreenShot2014-05-27at41828PM.png

Here is the cream jersey with the cursive script from the late '70s with an added gold drop shadow:

ScreenShot2014-05-27at42948PM.png

(edit: I just saw the numbers on the front and back don't match; I will be sure to fix that if it makes it to the final set.)

Here is a road jersey with the cursive San Francisco script:

ScreenShot2014-05-27at43934PM.png

award%20sig.png

What is the next team your planning?

I am working on the Astros now. They have had quite a few identities and will be a fun team to do. Their 2000-2012 design is my favorite. I love that color of red and also like the shooting star from that era. But don't worry, elements from other eras will be featured quite prominently.

I would welcome some feedback about which logo is better.

ScreenShot2014-05-27at44528PM.pngScreenShot2014-05-27at44551PM.png

I am afraid that the bottom logo is too busy, but it does a better job of incorporating different eras. Seeing it here, I think I would use the old block H from their original hats instead of their current block H that I used (but removed the beveling).

award%20sig.png

Yeah, I think these Giants jerseys look better. Great job!

As for the Astros, the top logo is better.

Which cream jersey do you like better, the New York script or the cursive script?

Hmmm, quite a tough one. By looks, I think the cursive script is better. But by your "Combination of Eras" theme, I think the New York script is better. Really your choice on what you wanna go with, in my opinion.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I know that I might be the only person in the world who likes it, but for the Astros please please please incorporate the horrible orange and yellow stripes from the 1970s and 1980s (even if its just on an alternate). One of my earliest sports memories is watching the Cubs play at Houston when the Astros were wearing those throwbacks, and I've loved them ever since.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

What is the next team your planning?

I am working on the Astros now. They have had quite a few identities and will be a fun team to do. Their 2000-2012 design is my favorite. I love that color of red and also like the shooting star from that era. But don't worry, elements from other eras will be featured quite prominently.

I would welcome some feedback about which logo is better.

ScreenShot2014-05-27at44528PM.pngScreenShot2014-05-27at44551PM.png

I am afraid that the bottom logo is too busy, but it does a better job of incorporating different eras. Seeing it here, I think I would use the old block H from their original hats instead of their current block H that I used (but removed the beveling).

The first one

Archived