MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, thank you for all your kind comments on the Indians.

DETROITLOGOSv2.png

TIGERSUNIFORMS.png

TigersElementExplanation.png

I couldn't decide whether to go with the extremely conventional Tigers look or try something a bit different. Your comments about wanting something a bit different caused me to go with the concept I made that had outlines on the home uni. I tend to like cursive scripts instead of block fonts, but I decided to give the Tigers their old block font to do something different.

I gave the main logo a stroke to match their uniforms. It is also their 1929 main logo.

I tried to pick one calligraphy-D because their different hat and jersey logos have always bothered me, but when I tried it out the hat-D looked bad on the jersey and the jersey-D looked bad on the hat. I guess maybe they knew what they are doing 92 years ago when they started using both of these D's.

Sorry coco, I decided to go with the crack Tiger that they used from 1961-1993. This is another logo that Ren has updated (thanks again, Ren), but since tigers don't have stripes on their snouts I changed the white to a darker orange to look like it's snarling. It was used for so long that I decided to include it here.

Let me know what you think. Do I need to go back to the standard look (take the strokes away on the home uni)? Do I need a different Tiger head?

award%20sig.png

Wow, you finished the Tigers quick! A few thoughts...

* The home and road unis are perfect. The orange outline on the "D" is a very nice touch.

* Simply by changing the angle of the white patches above the tiger's eyes, the "cracked out" tiger becomes much more menacing and less silly-looking than the original version. This is a major improvement.

* Would you consider reversing the colors on the BP jersey? Navy lettering on an orange jersey? There are already two other teams (Indians and Twins) in the AL Central that wear navy tops and the Tigers could stand to wear more orange.

I think a light blue.gold,black scheme could work for the royals

God, I hope not. The Royals, just like the Mets, Blue Jays and Reds, looked awful in black.

Their current uniforms are pretty much perfect. I imagine David's KC concept will closely resemble what they wear now.

Archived