MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart says 3A but for this project 1A's looking good. I'm curious as to what navy+yellow would look like

I did this little mockup a while ago of that color scheme. I really like the ocean-y feel to it. It's also the colors of the US Navy flag/seal, which would be a nice alternative to the camo if they want to do a military tribute.

13752673154_7c2f029b6d_o.jpg

If brown can't come back, this is a nice alternative.

My heart says 3A but for this project 1A's looking good. I'm curious as to what navy+yellow would look like

I did this little mockup a while ago of that color scheme. I really like the ocean-y feel to it. It's also the colors of the US Navy flag/seal, which would be a nice alternative to the camo if they want to do a military tribute.

13752673154_7c2f029b6d_o.jpg

If brown can't come back, this is a nice alternative.

It unifies them with that other San Diego team as well. You could add a hint of powder blue as well to further that idea. Only as an accent though; otherwise it would look a little too much like the Rays.

Well, the variance of opinions is about what I expected when I put up nine options. I hoped one or two options would clearly be favored. I think I have settled on what I will use, but I will wait to unveil it until I post the concept (oh, the suspense). The navy and yellow is a very good look (and adding light blue would be a good addition as well), but there are so many blue teams in the MLB that I am looking to go with brown.

Here is an update for the Dodgers. The only change is the script on the white and blue jerseys.

DODGERSLOGOSv2.png

DODGERSUNIFORMSv3.png

EDIT on 4/23: I updated the graph paper jersey with a blue placket. It now joins the 1913 jersey with the 1916 jersey.

award%20sig.png

Looking good.

However, the wordmarks still look off as placed on the jerseys. Either skew the letters such that the vertical strokes in them are paralell with the vertical axis of the jersey OR place the marks horizontal with no tilt.

Sorry for my ignorance, Giants1883, but I am not really understanding what you are saying here. What would the vertical axis of the jersey be? I made the script horizontally then tilted everything 7.5 degrees to match what the tilt the Bears did on their mid-80s jerseys.

award%20sig.png

Looking good.

However, the wordmarks still look off as placed on the jerseys. Either skew the letters such that the vertical strokes in them are paralell with the vertical axis of the jersey OR place the marks horizontal with no tilt.

Sorry for my ignorance, Giants1883, but I am not really understanding what you are saying here. What would the vertical axis of the jersey be?

Sorry for the confusing wording. Taking another stab at what i was getting at in steps:

1) Start with your sctipt horizontal

2) Italicize the letters by 7.5 degrees from vertical.

3) Place the script on the jersey at your 7.5 degrees from the horizontal

Ok, here is the next round of updates for the Rockies. I skewed the letters on the wordmarks per Giants1883's request (your new directions were very clear, by the way). I also tried the giant and extended mountain hat logo that Giants1883 and BTL suggested. I'm not sure how I feel about it; let me know what you think. I also edited the piping on the black jersey and added some tertiary logos.

ROCKIESLOGOSV3.png

rockieshomeuniformsV3.png

rockiesawayuniformsV3.png

blackbillv2.pngpurplebillv2.png

How would the Dodgers' plaid alternate look with a blue placket?

altgraphplacket.png

award%20sig.png

Ok, here is the next round of updates for the Rockies. I skewed the letters on the wordmarks per Giants1883's request (your new directions were very clear, by the way). I also tried the giant and extended mountain hat logo that Giants1883 and BTL suggested. I'm not sure how I feel about it; let me know what you think. I also edited the piping on the black jersey and added some tertiary logos.

ROCKIESLOGOSV3.png

altgraphplacket.png
Plaid never looked so good!

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

PERFECT on the Rockies wordmarks! The vertical stroke of the k and similar letters being not parallel with the button line and pinstripes was bugging me. Shrink the front numbers such that a two-digit number does not go past the end of the wordmark and you're done!

Now that I see the hats, one last tweak should do it:

1) All black cap should use the alternate logo, outlined in silver/grey and white

2) Purple bill:

_a. Widen the base of the mountain such that it spans the whole bill, not just the front panels.

_b. Add peaks on the sides as you see fit, semi-symmetrically

ROCKIESLOGOSV3.png

altgraphplacket.png

Everything about this post is an upgrade from the previous. Vurry vurry good job.

While I love the mountain cap idea, could you make one of the caps just have simply the C with the ball in it perhaps?

He went over why he did not create that a few posts back. It would resemble the Cubs cap too closely.

Well, the variance of opinions is about what I expected when I put up nine options. I hoped one or two options would clearly be favored. I think I have settled on what I will use, but I will wait to unveil it until I post the concept (oh, the suspense). The navy and yellow is a very good look (and adding light blue would be a good addition as well), but there are so many blue teams in the MLB that I am looking to go with brown.

Here is an update for the Dodgers. The only change is the script on the white and blue jerseys.

DODGERSLOGOSv2.png

DODGERSUNIFORMSv2.png

I can see the plaid alternate working for the Dodgers with their checkered past. *laughs at own joke*

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived