MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart pines for Arizona to go back to the Purple and Teal era. Putting the purple OR teal choice before me is murderous!

BLAME it!

*sigh*

I vote Purple.

EDIT: And when you do the Rox, my recommendation is for solidifying the cap logo, keep the pinstripes, and derive the new wordmark from whatever imagry you can scare up from the Denver Bears/Zephers

Thanks for the feedback. I now have a poll up for those who want to vote but don't feel like leaving feedback. This morning I was playing around with the design and tried purple and red. I'm not sure if the colors are too similar, but it would give them a unique look and might work as a painted desert/sunset look. What do you think?

ScreenShot2014-04-05at84004AM.png

ScreenShot2014-04-05at84201AM.png

award%20sig.png

The red and purple would definitely be unique, but in my opinion, with the three colors together, it is just way too bold. If you want to keep the red and purple, I would change the gold to black or a very dark grey to possibly tone it down a bit.

That being said, the green/gold/black one is amazing, and it gets my vote anyway.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

If you want to combine eras I recommend the purple/red logo. Purple was one of the standout colors of their first set and red is for their current set, so it makes sense to use those two colors. I do like the teal/black logo better but it is almost the same logo the team wore on their purple hats. The teal/black logo looks better, but the purple/red logo better representation of the eras combining.

I wouldn't go with green and black because they never used green (actually turquoise) as a primary. Purple and red is too intense. I'd go with purple and black with plenty of sand to distinguish from the Rockies.

First of all, I have updated my Mets and Cardinals concept with updated versions of their tertiary logos. A huge thanks to Ren for his updates of these logos. Here are links to the Mets and Cardinals updates.

The votes and comments are in and the green and black look won handily. Thanks to everyone for voting and leaving comments; there were a lot of comments lobbying for the different looks. I was still tempted to do the purple and red look since it is so unique, but the green and black (dark gray) option does look classy.

DIAMONDBACKSLOGOS.png

DIAMONDBACKSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

DIAMONDBACKSAWAYUNIFORMS.png

I didn't make a pictorial element explanation for the D-backs because they have a short history and only two distinct looks.

Colorwerx's color samples of all eras of Arizona's history are actually a very dark gray instead of black, so I kept that. The primary is the italicized A that they has been a part of their branding since their inception. I'm not a big fan of the snake/D logo they use on their hat so I instead used the db snake head logo they have had since '08. The tertiary logo is a recolored version of a hat logo from '99-'06. I am using their current scripts, font, and number. I included the Dback script as part of their identity, but it isn't used on any of the uniforms.

I don't like their Dback script on their uniforms; I decided to use the stacked Diamond Backs script that has been a part of the logo. Arizona had Diamondbacks across their chest in their inaugural uniforms, so a form of the look is a part of their history.

Red is listed as an accent color because it is used in the eyes and baseball laces of the tertiary logo. (It is the red they currently use).

award%20sig.png

Thanks for the early feedback; keep it coming. I'm already thinking about the Rockies. They have had a very consistent look for their 22 years of existence. I am trying to work in some elements of the Denver Bears minor league team to make it different from what they have always worn. Does anyone know a font that is similar to what is shown on the cap and jersey here?

249070d1333112971-denver-bears-request-d

award%20sig.png

Archived