MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

Giants fans, thanks for the feedback. I think I know what direction I will be going now but still haven't finalized anything (including whether or not I will use the sand drop-shadow.

I don't think I will do much with the New York team because they didn't change much when they moved west (except the obvious). They have a long enough history that I don't think that I will include minor league teams, but if you have any specific suggestions, I would love to hear them.

You're going to be tackling the American League as well, right, David?

Yes, I will do the AL after I finish up the NL.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gotta say that this is by far my favorite concept series ever on this forum. Many of the designs that I wasn't initially sold on (Brewers, Marlins) have totally grown on me. Keep up the amazing work.

Just gotta say that this is by far my favorite concept series ever on this forum. Many of the designs that I wasn't initially sold on (Brewers, Marlins) have totally grown on me. Keep up the amazing work.

Wow. Thanks for the incredibly kind words, coco. There are a lot of extremely talented people on this board, so that means a lot. I'm glad that you enjoy it so much; it has been a lot of fun for me to do.

Life is really busy for the next week, then will free up considerably (I teach school, next week is finals week). I will get to the Giants when I can.

award%20sig.png

I have been tinkering with some mixes of Arizona for this project. It's a massive mix of the current uniform set with a bunch of different color mixes to the old logo colors as well as the current one. It's weird but it is something that could work here. let me know if y'all want to see it...

I have been tinkering with some mixes of Arizona for this project. It's a massive mix of the current uniform set with a bunch of different color mixes to the old logo colors as well as the current one. It's weird but it is something that could work here. let me know if y'all want to see it...

We'd like to, but start your own thread for it. This one is for davidmiller5's project

I'm finally back. Here are the Giants; nothing too revolutionary. Let me know what you think.

GIANTSLOGOS.png

GIANTSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

GIANTSAWAYUNIFORMS.png

GIANTSElementExplanation.png

I basically kept their current look except I added the striping from their 1983-1993 uniforms. I didn't know if I would keep the drop shadow, but I was surprised by how much better it looked than the shadow-less script. I eliminated all white from the uniforms and substituted cream to match their home uniform.

Their orange jersey is very similar to this year's alternate, but I matched the late-70s jerseys with the thicker outline, no drop shadow, and front numbers. The black alternate also doesn't have a drop shadow. I also decided to keep the orange-bill hat since they wore it with the original uniforms.

award%20sig.png

I lile this concept, although I have several little complaints; I don't really like the use of the orange alt on the road. I've always felt that the orange jersey should stay in home games. And since you're doing a "Combination of Eras" series, it might be a bit more appropriate to incorporate the retro script into the cream home uniform. With those complaints, I would like to applaud you with everything else, especially the striping and the tertiary logo. Good job!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I lile this concept, although I have several little complaints; I don't really like the use of the orange alt on the road. I've always felt that the orange jersey should stay in home games. And since you're doing a "Combination of Eras" series, it might be a bit more appropriate to incorporate the retro script into the cream home uniform. With those complaints, I would like to applaud you with everything else, especially the striping and the tertiary logo. Good job!

I kind of feel like the black jersey is unnecessary, and I don't know what eras you're combining.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will wait to do an update until the other Giants fans who have been very helpful throughout this thread give their opinion. First of all, the orange jersey would rarely--if ever--be worn on the road, but I decided to give it as an option on the road. I thought about clarifying that in the Giants' post, but didn't.

The "what eras are you combining" comments are totally fair. From the suggestions/feedback I got from Giants fans, I decided to use their current wordmarks. I was thinking about using their 94-99 scripts before the feedback. But to answer your questions, I added elements from 1978-93 to their current look. Of course, the Giants now have a new orange alternate that is an update of their 78-82 look.

Keep the comments coming, and I'll get an update before long.

award%20sig.png

Archived