MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

ASTROSLOGOS.png

HOMEUNIFORMS.png

AWAYUNIFORMS.png

ASTROSElementExplanation.png

The Astros were quite fun to do. I think that their shooting star logo works very well with the tail from their original jerseys. There most iconic look is definitely their sunrise days, so the alternates both reference these jerseys. The striped jersey would only be worn about two times a month so they would remain a novelty. I think jersey fatigue would set in if they would wear them frequently.

The tertiary logos all feature the same striping pattern as the sunrise jersey. Only the H tertiary logo is used on the uniforms, the others are official marks but not used on these concepts. The Texas-shaped logo is a recolored version of this. The H is taken from their 1965-1993 hats.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this Astros set is amazing, but I still prefer navy to black, and would miss the H-Star on the hats. I absolutely see what you did here and applaud it, but always hated the South Texas Railmen look (and its immediate predecessor) since they threw away orange and then navy. This just reminds me of that look a little too much, in parts, especially the hats.

I'm shocked, though, how you pulled this off. Shooting Star era, Rainbow Guts era, Racing Stripes era, current era, Railmen era--wow! This is such a fun series to follow.

Most everything about the Astros concept is good. The thing I'm not liking is the stripes in the tertiary logos. There is almost too much brick, making the colors look muddled, and they don't really go together. I think I would prefer the 75-86 colors.

That said, the brick color looks good everywhere else.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Any idea which team you're going to tackle next?

He's been going alphabetical, so it's the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim.

Speaking of which, while it would break alphabetization, I'd like to see them go back to being called the Anaheim Angels. Any chance of that, David?

I know this is going to sound odd, but if he's doing the Angels, I hope he includes the 1971 set. That whole uniform was fantastic. I also agree with you, Giants1883. Anaheim Angels sounds better than whatever the heck they are now.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you like the set. I am going to stick with the black (or really dark gray) and red.

Home uniform needs brick colored socks. I also thinks that there's too much yellow on the brick jersey. Maybe try toning it down some.

Here's how the home set looks with red socks. I like it; should I change the undershirt to red too?

ScreenShot2014-06-04at91433AM.png

I tried replacing the yellow with tan on the red alternate, but it didn't look good at all. So for now I'm going to leave the yellow on the alternate jersey.

What would the primary look in brick with a sand star

ScreenShot2014-06-04at92549AM.png

I won't be using this as the main logo since I wanted to keep the tone/shades close to their current logo, therefore navy becomes black and orange becomes red.

Any idea which team you're going to tackle next?

He's been going alphabetical, so it's the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim.

Speaking of which, while it would break alphabetization, I'd like to see them go back to being called the Anaheim Angels. Any chance of that, David?

Yes, the Angels are next. I have thought about going back to Anaheim, but I think I'm going to leave them as Los Angeles. They have actually now played more years as the Los Angeles Angels as the Anaheim Angels (14 to 8). They were the California Angels for 32 years, for whatever that's worth. In the end, I am deciding to leave it because the organization obviously wants to be associated with LA.

award%20sig.png

Archived