MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like your Angels concept! Great job on combining all those eras. I really like the comeback of the halo cap the "Los Angeles" script.

Since you had a hard time incorporating the Disney set, did you consider using the pinstripes from the link you posted?

Giants1883, here is the Anaheim away version you asked for:

uniroadanaheim.png

This is one of the best Angels concepts I've ever seen. My only complaint is that their "halo" hat and regular navy hat are too similar. Make one of them say LA in that font? Great work!

I was afraid that it would look too similar to the Dodgers hat if I did that, but here is what would go on the halo hat if you like it.

ScreenShot2014-06-10at21422PM.png

What do you think? Is it too close to the Dodgers, or should I use it?

I really like your Angels concept! Great job on combining all those eras. I really like the comeback of the halo cap the "Los Angeles" script.

Since you had a hard time incorporating the Disney set, did you consider using the pinstripes from the link you posted?

I didn't really ever consider using pinstripes for the Angels. I don't like pinstripes enough to give them to teams that don't have much history with them. I think using the wing from that era is more than enough for that set.

Also, I am not a fan of their lowercase a from '71, so I won't be incorporating that into my design.

award%20sig.png

ANGELSLOGOS.png

AngelsHOMEUNIFORMS.png

AngelsAWAYUNIFORMS.png

ANGELSElementExplanation.png

A few more notes: I emphasized navy on the road because the Angels wore red letters/numbers at home and navy on the road from 1961-70 and 1993-96. They actually never wore red hats until 2002, so I wanted to give them navy hats on the road (and I had to bring back the halo hat from the '60s). I also used the shade of navy they used from the '60s-'90s.

Their current font is an update of sales they wore in the '60s and '90s, so I just removed the second outline and drop shadow to combine the eras.

The Los Angeles script on the navy jersey is an update of their original away jersey, but I didn't want to use the Los Angeles script on the gray jersey because they have featured their Angels scripts since 1965.

Their Disney era is almost completely unusable; the only thing I felt that I could use was the wing.

I decided to use opposite color piping and belts to try to improve the color balance in the uniforms, but I'm not sure how much I like it. Let me know what you think.

Giants1883, here is the Anaheim away version you asked for:

uniroadanaheim.png

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Solid kit for the Anaheim Angels! I'll just imagine that the navy alt and "Angels" road jersey do not exist in the first set and that the "Anaheim" jersey is their road jersey.

However, I've always thought of the Angels as the Red Yang to the Dodger Blue Yin in the greater LA area baseball scene.

I like the original hat more. It's simple and bold. Between the larger logo, the two tones, and the halo, the new one is too busy for my taste. It definitely doesn't look bad, but I don't think it's an improvement.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I like the original hat more. It's simple and bold. Between the larger logo, the two tones, and the halo, the new one is too busy for my taste. It definitely doesn't look bad, but I don't think it's an improvement.

I'm going to echo Veras' thoughts here. I do like the logo for what it is, but I think the original "A" logo looks a lot better on the caps.

Here is a tweak with the new logo. I'm still not sure if it should stay, but I think this looks better than the last attempt.

ANGELSLOGOSv26.png

HOMEUNIFORMSv25.png

AWAYUNIFORMSv25.png

ANGELSElementExplanationv25.png

I would make the L shorter. As of now it looks really tall

I shortened the L. I definitely agree with you that it was too tall which is somewhat odd because the A was just as big as the L, but it didn't look like it.

Can you make the la logo outline bigger so it matches the primary logo

I did that too. I had to lower the L because the thicker outlines caused a problem where they interlock. Now there is only the thickness of one line between the horizontal sections of the L and the A.

I like it a lot. I think the beveled letters, the halo, and the color differentiate it enough from the Dodgers. Remember, there are two teams who use an interlocking NY, why not LA?

These hats aren't beveled, but other than that I get your point.

As math is my favorite subject, and I'm currently in the throws of helping my 9th grader prepare for an Algebra final exam, the plus signs and multiplication signs, etc. amuse me. The radical sign over the 4 Angels logos really got me cracking up! LOVE this series!

I actually teach a ninth grade math class, so that could have inspired the use of the math signs. (And now all high school students on the site will start leaving some extremely negative feedback :) ).

Slight Edit on 6/12/14

award%20sig.png

On the road jersey, I think you could take some liberties with the size of the "A" with the halo in "Los Angeles". Go taller and keep the pointed top like it is on the home jersey "Angels". Over all, really solid work. It has been a real treat to see the development of the whole project.

When you're showing the alternate coloration, the red jersey is wrong

How would a second outline look on the alternative angels hat

Thanks for catching that; I updated it above.

The double outline was too cluttered with the addition of the L, in my opinion. Plus, this matches their original hats.

On the road jersey, I think you could take some liberties with the size of the "A" with the halo in "Los Angeles". Go taller and keep the pointed top like it is on the home jersey "Angels". Over all, really solid work. It has been a real treat to see the development of the whole project.

I have decided to leave it as it is for now. I used the Angels' font and that is how it appears. I completely understand your thought that the A in the Los Angeles wordmark (and tertiary logo) should match the main logo, but for some reason I kind of want them to mismatch to fit in with the trend in MLB of having different versions of logos (see Yankees, Tigers, and A's to name a few). I will fix some teams mismatching logos, but I will leave it in this instance.

award%20sig.png

Archived