MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

I'm digging this Mariners concept. But I would love that they also go back to the '79-era (or roughly there) numeral font. I'd have to look for it, but it's not block. It's not even 1984 Padres-like but a lot closer to that; It's much more rounded, and matches some of the work you've compiled.

I like how it is unique (although I think it is a bit too wide, click here for a picture of an actual jersey), and I like how it incorporates another era. So here are the uniforms with the 1977-80 numbers.

HOMEUNIFORMSSEAv21.png

AWAYUNIFORMSSEAv21.png

The jersey templates just aren't wide enough. The numerals are OK, but can be thinned out a bit. Maybe.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still here, David?

I am still here. I was on vacation with my family this past weekend, and there wasn't any internet available there. But I'm back and have the Rangers done.

RANGERSLOGOS.png

RANGERSHOMEUNIS.png

RANGERSROADUNIS.png

RANGERSElementExplanation.png

I decided to go with a version of the last logo I posted. I think it does a good job of incorporating different eras. I do like their current font (especially now that they have ditched the drop shadows) so I kept them.

The Rangers have tended to wear numbers on the front of jerseys that have a Rangers script, but have never had numbers on front of jerseys that have a Texas script.

I never noticed that their current hat logo's top arms of the T aren't equal weights. (But now I can't unsee it.) That might be because of the drop-shadow, but since I got rid of the drop-shadow, so I equaled up the arms of the T.

I hate how they wear red hats/socks with their regular home uniforms, so I wanted to give them a red version of a white jersey. I originally did one in which I switched the blue and the red on the primary home jersey, but decided to go with an updated version of these alternates.

award%20sig.png

As for the symbolic meaning of the upside-down trident, I believe a "white elephant" symbolizes something that is an expensive, unprofitable burden, but no one seems to be bothered by that being the A's logo.

That's because they proved their detractors wrong and ironically embraced it. I wouldn't recommend it for the Mariners as long as they're going to keep being no damn good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for the symbolic meaning of the upside-down trident, I believe a "white elephant" symbolizes something that is an expensive, unprofitable burden, but no one seems to be bothered by that being the A's logo.

That's because they proved their detractors wrong and ironically embraced it. I wouldn't recommend it for the Mariners as long as they're going to keep being no damn good.

Hahaha...touche.

Love this series! Looking forward to seeing my KC Royals. Just hoping for my Royals you don't use black from their early '00s days or change the colors to something like purple and gold. But it would be cool if you incorporate parts of the Kansas City Monarchs from the Negro Leagues into it. :)

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Definitely nailed the main Rangers and Texas word marks and hat logo. That is what I think they should be wearing now. No double outline (or spaced outline) and no drop shadow on the hat. Well done.

Archived