MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have posted this before, but the time is right so I'll do it again now.

For the Royals, it would be great if you could throwback to the Kansas City Monarchs jersey by simply taking their new road alternate and splitting up the "K" and "C" in the "KC" logo so that the "K" appears on the player's right breast and the "C" on his left. Everything else about the alternate, from the powder blue trim to the thin placket piping is perfect.

How about making the current tiger logo http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/5979581994/Detroit_Tigers/1994/Partial_Logo the primary and make the d logo the secondary

Why? The D has been the primary since the days of Ty Cobb. The orange alt is a bit crazy since they've never had one before, I think, but everything else looks great. I'm REALLY interested in how the Blue Jays turn out. Don't think you've done them yet. Keep up the awesome work man!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

ROYALSLOGOS.png

ROYALSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

ROYALSROADUNIFORMS.png

RoyalsElementExplanation.png

First of all, I am a big Royals fan. (Exciting time to be a Royals fan. Hopefully they can make the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime. They won the World Series 16 months before I was born.) I am probably biased, but I think they have one of the best looking uniform sets in the league. I love nearly everything about their look, but I did tweak them. Most people probably don't know this, but the Royals actually still have a drop shadow on the KC in their main and alternate logos. So I decided to go back to the drop-shadow days but substitute gold for the black. I added drop-shadows throughout...even to the hat. I don't know how it will go over. I also really like their original (brighter) royal blue and gold, so I went back to those colors. (I also changed the hat squatchee to blue.) The brighter blue and the drop-shadows also help differentiate them from the Dodgers, which is the biggest complaint I hear about the Royals' uniforms.

I know lots of people want the Royals to go back to powder blue on the road, but I just don't like brightly colored pants. So no, I won't give the Royals blue pants. Sorry.

I switched the powder blue to the Kansas City script, even though it is a home alternate. I know it is unconventional, but I like the look. I also went with the KC script on the powder blue because I would really want to own this exact jersey.

At first I wasn't sure I liked the new royal blue alternates, but they have really grown on me. I tweaked it (added the drop-shadow, etc.) but mainly left it unchanged. The alternate hat is a reverse of their powder blue hats they wore in 2010-11.

Coco, I did try out looks that incorporated the Monarchs, but I couldn't get anything that I really liked. The split KC hats and jerseys that they wore worked because they used thick block letters. All of the Royals' scripts and logos are too thin to make it a good look. I also thought about doing the overlapping K and C hat, but it still didn't work too well. I also don't want to do throwback alternates that are completely different from the rest of their visual package.

award%20sig.png

ROYALSLOGOS.png

ROYALSHOMEUNIFORMS.png

ROYALSROADUNIFORMS.png

RoyalsElementExplanation.png

First of all, I am a big Royals fan. (Exciting time to be a Royals fan. Hopefully they can make the playoffs for the first time since I have been alive. They won the World Series 16 months before I was born.) I am probably biased, but I think they have one of the best looking uniform sets in the league. I love nearly everything about their look, but I did tweak them. Most people probably don't know this, but the Royals actually still have a drop shadow on the KC in their main and alternate logos. So I decided to go back to the drop-shadow days but substitute gold for the black. I added drop-shadows throughout...even to the hat. I don't know how it will go over. I also really like their original (brighter) royal blue and gold, so I went back to those colors. (I also changed the hat squatchee to blue.) The brighter blue and the drop-shadows also help differentiate them from the Dodgers, which is the biggest complaint I hear about the Royals' uniforms.

I know lots of people want the Royals to go back to powder blue on the road, but I just don't like brightly colored pants. So no, I won't give the Royals blue pants. Sorry.

I switched the powder blue to the Kansas City script, even though it is a home alternate. I know it is unconventional, but I like the look. I also went with the KC script on the powder blue because I would really want to own this exact jersey.

At first I wasn't sure I liked the new royal blue alternates, but they have really grown on me. I tweaked it (added the drop-shadow, etc.) but mainly left it unchanged. The alternate hat is a reverse of their powder blue hats they wore in 2010-11.

Coco, I did try out looks that incorporated the Monarchs, but I couldn't get anything that I really liked. The split KC hats and jerseys that they wore worked because they used thick block letters. All of the Royals' scripts and logos are too thin to make it a good look. I also thought about doing the overlapping K and C hat, but it still didn't work too well. I also don't want to do throwback alternates that are completely different from the rest of their visual package.

Would like to see a powder blue cap for the alt powder blue and a black cap for the alt royal blue.

I'm not really into baseball jerseys as a whole. If one is really eye catching though like the Royals one I stare at it for sometime. Very beautiful, if I had money I'd actually think about buying them (even though I'm not a fan of baseball or KC)

Archived