MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your comments. For those who made suggestions for changes, I debated over them, but in the end decided to leave the concept as it is. Cappital92, when I tried to match that arching technique, I couldn't figure out what to do in photoshop to make it work. What I tried looked quite similar to what I currently have.

Awesome idea and thread David! I would be ecstatic to see the Orioles make these changes. Thanks again for allowing me to take part!

Thanks again for your help, and thanks for the kind words.

Baltimore looks good, can we skip over the predictable Red Sox & Yankees?

Ha Ha. The Red Sox should be up soon.

award%20sig.png

REDSOXLOGOS.png

REDSOXUNIFORMSHOME.png

REDSOXUNIFORMSROAD.png

RedSoxElementExplanation.png

There isn't much to say here. The biggest decision was whether to go with red or blue lettering on the road uniforms. They have worn them almost exactly the same number of years, but in the end I decided to emphasize the red for the Red Sox.

I really liked the white Boston-script uniforms they wore after the bombing last year. I like the idea of them having a Boston-script uniform that they would wear at home once a week or two. I decided to take away the placket piping and added the blue outline to help create uniformity between the uniforms.

I think their current red jersey looks too much like a BP jersey because it is so plain, so I added piping to it.

award%20sig.png

I really like what you've done for the Red Sox. The adjustments to the road and red alt are nice, as is the "Boston" home alternate. Also, it's always nice to see those striped socks back in action (the top blue part could be longer as Djruggs said, but that's a minor nitpick). The only thing I don't really like is using the primary logo as a sleeve patch (the socks on their own would be fine). Other than that, you've done a great job with them. Well done!

Thank you for all the kind comments on the Red Sox; I'm glad you like them.

The Boston in the primary looks different than the Red Sox in the logo

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that the fonts in the main logo don't match?

I really like the addition of the "Boston" home jersey. Although the lack of piping on both "Boston" jerseys seems inconsistent, at least for me.

I wen't without the piping on the Boston jerseys because they don't have placket piping on their gray jerseys. I have also found that I'm not too big of a fan of the placket piping intersecting with wordmarks.

I would make the blue section of what should be stirrups, larger

Fair enough. I'll try that.

award%20sig.png

Of course the Yankees are thought of as being untouchable. They have so much history. Also not surprisingly, visually they are sort-of a mess. They have four different interlocking NY's. Their primary logo features colors that aren't a part of their identity otherwise. Since they have had these looks, they have become accepted, but since this is a concept series, I wanted to fix some of these issues.

YANKEESLOGOS.png

YANKEESUNIFORMS.png

YANKEESElementExplanation.png

I decided to make the interlocking NY their main logo again (it was up until 1947) because I think it is more iconic of the Yankees than their Uncle Sam hat logo. While I did cut out the NY logo they use on their jersey, I did still keep the hat logo that is a bit different from their main logo. I do this because I think the main logo would be difficult to stitch onto a hat (because of the flares at the end of the letters).

I wanted to see what their Uncle Sam logo would look like in mainly navy, and I like how it turned out. I think it makes more sense for their brand. (Yes, I know their brand is untouchable...blah, blah, blah.)

I experimented with different BP jerseys, but I wanted to at least try using their cursive scripts. I put them on an angle to look better on a uniform.

I will be interested to hear your feelings about this concept. I probably tweaked more than you were expecting. Are they good tweaks?

award%20sig.png

Archived