A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing I'd change with the first two is to match the shoulder patches. Other than that, these are perfect. I really hope these concepts become reality

Especially since the flag patch is on the wrong side

wonderbread and mr.nascar13, the flag on the player's right sleeve is meant to be reversed with the canton position towards the front. This is to symbolize the flag moving forward and not retreating. U.S. Army Soldiers display the flag on their combat uniforms the same way. Also aircraft displaying the flag also have the flag painted the same way on the right side. You can see this on any military aircraft and aircraft at an airport.

Only thing I'd change with the first two is to match the shoulder patches. Other than that, these are perfect. I really hope these concepts become reality

Especially since the flag patch is on the wrong side

wonderbread and mr.nascar13, the flag on the player's right sleeve is meant to be reversed with the canton position towards the front. This is to symbolize the flag moving forward and not retreating. U.S. Army Soldiers display the flag on their combat uniforms the same way. Also aircraft displaying the flag also have the flag painted the same way on the right side. You can see this on any military aircraft and aircraft at an airport.

doesn't change that the flag is on the left shoulder and not the right. Im a 2LT in the army and more than familiar with AR 670-1

Wonderbread, the West Point jersey does have the flag on both sleeves/shoulders. It's difficult to see but it's there. And the are both in the correct position. As an Army veteran, I'd have been hopping mad had they not had the flag correct.

More jersey concepts out, this time for the NJ Generals. I personally feel like NFL teams should take notes of things like this. These look fantastic.

1604461_615960095140046_32548547_n.jpg

1510626_615960928473296_461050996_n.jpg

1964926_615961195139936_315941841_n.jpg1908237_615961401806582_8745651_n.jpg

I'm talking about these ones, the flags are on the wrong shoulder, it needs to be switched, and of course having the union facing the front

Then perhaps Dane should address this?

Not to get into a debate on the Federal Flag Code, but by chance the designer saw the 1976 Amendment which permits a flag patch or pin to be placed on the left (to be closer to the heart) on non-military uniforms,like police and fire.

While not amended for sport, I can see why the designer are placed it there since one does not place a flag lapel pin on the right lapel of your suit jacket/sportcoat/blazer, you place it on your left.

Back just after 9/11, I believe, teams wore flag patches on their left front like the lapel pins.

The college teams did this in addition to the flag on the helmet. I can't remember pro teams doing this though I want to say Washington and the New York teams wore patches as did Air Force Academy, not flags. As far as the Generals, they should just use the secondary logo and not a flag.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived