A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather see the A11 teams each have a primary helmet and a second "clash" helmet, not 3, but if they are going to have three, I like the idea of a different logo on the third one. It works well with the Sea Lions but LA, with only 1 logo seems odd to have 3 different helmets.

I think the league has shown restraint, Brian. There's no chrome helmets with wild logos, no outlandish statements about wanting to sign particular players.

Three helmet designs per team is not exhibiting restraint.

As for "no outlandish statements about wanting to sign particular players", A11FL CEO/Commissioner Scott McKibben announced at the introductory press conference last week that the league had made a contract offer to Tim Tebow. In fact, McKibben went so far as to tell the Mercury News:

"We have made an offer to Tim Tebow. We've had probably three or four discussions with people in the Tebow camp. We'd love to have Tim Tebow join our league. We think that if Tim came to play in the spring, he could still very much honor his obligations to ESPN."

Further, A11FL Executive VP of League Development Kurt Bryan has blogged about why the league's "Style of Game Fits Tim Tebow", opining as to "why Tim could play in the A11FL". Bryan told the Mercury News that he felt Tebow, "... is the ideal A11 quarterback."

I'm pretty sure those are not the official uniforms because they use a member here's template.

but if those are the actual uniforms, I am beyond dissapointed.

I like the LA helmets, logo, and uniforms even if those arent the actual unis, minus the thick outline around the number 5, which is a solid color where there should be gaps and space.

Who was it that said the league was releasing them just before the showcases? I don't see the designer jumping the gun so I'm taking this as "cutting room floor" material. I'm more surprised that this is the only concept we've seen! I thought surely someone here would have posted one by now....a jersey at least.

I'm sure someone has already said this better than I'm about to, but I think the three helmets per team is a mistake. The league needs to establish brand recognition for these franchises so they're going to make them look different every time they take the field? That's not how you establish familiarity.

One of my biggest complaints about college football right now is that I can't recognize who's who anymore with the weekly helmet changing and that's with teams I'm familiar with.

This league should pick a single recognizable identity for each team and then not deviate if they play more than one season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm sure someone has already said this better than I'm about to, but I think the three helmets per team is a mistake. The league needs to establish brand recognition for these franchises so they're going to make them look different every time they take the field? That's not how you establish familiarity.

One of my biggest complaints about college football right now is that I can't recognize who's who anymore with the weekly helmet changing and that's with teams I'm familiar with.

This league should pick a single recognizable identity for each team and then not deviate if they play more than one season.

I agree. If you want to come out with a lot of different colored jerseys and pants, I would be ok with that. But being that this is a brand new league, and the helmet is the most recognizable element of a football team it would be better to only have one helmet.

jNTsTyQ.png

As a counterpoint, couldn't you say the same thing about the Oregon Ducks football program? I don't think they're having any issue with branding.

The Oregon Ducks are very much the exception. Their brand is that their brand is constantly changing. Nobody else could get away with that. Further, their (O) logo had become an identifiable mark before they started messing around with 12 different helmets and jerseys and pants every season.

Here they're at a point where they must establish brand recognition and trying to do that by having their teams dress differently each game doesn't make any sense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As a counterpoint, couldn't you say the same thing about the Oregon Ducks football program? I don't think they're having any issue with branding.

But the Ducks had several decades of heritage and alumni and fans to back up the program. They also eased into their current state slowly... It wasn't one year of green O helmets and the next 6 different helmets. It went from 2 to 3 to 4, etc...

It could be fine. If the Michigan Panthers wear the champagne helmet for 6 games and the other helmets for one game a piece, that wouldn't be that bad. But say they wore every helmet twice, that I wouldn't be a fan of.

Archived