A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

i'm a Bandits fan now.

da860279de10085220f8d1f85c2559e1.jpg

1049d7a14af056b6cfc97cb3604a356b.jpg

471407fc2cc026e2f4520734bf217567.jpg

somewhere at UnderArmor HQ, someone is saving these pics for inspiration. And maybe forwarding them to Coach Kingbury in Lubbock, TX
He'll still screw it up with numbers on one side and the rider on the other.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've previously stated, I find the multiple helmets for each A11FL team to be a case of gimmicky overkill. With respect to the Tampa Bay Bandits' alternate headgear, I have a particular problem with the black - so-called "Night Rider" - helmet.

I think rendering the horse in Red on the Black helmet is an aesthetically poor choice. It would, in my opinion, look far better in Silver/Grey.

More problematic to me is the fact that the helmet even bears the "Night Rider" sobriquet. "Night Rider" was long a term associated with the Ku Klux Klan, whose members engaged in their acts of terror under cover of darkness, and often - during the Klan's first incarnation, as well as the first half of its second incarnation - did so on horseback.

Given that Florida was a stronghold of Klan activity throughout much of the 20th Century, as well as the fact that one of the most notorious acts of Klan violence - the flogging, tarring and feathering, and castration of labor leader Joseph Shoemaker - took place in Tampa, Florida in 1937, I'd have avoided the "Night Rider" name - even to describe an alternate helmet - at all costs.

Ok, it seems to me after talking to some folks from Florida that if Brandon ok'ed the moniker, then their shouldn't be a problem unless the Right Reverend Jesse James....er....Jackson and/or Al Capone Sharpton cause it.

As I've previously stated, I find the multiple helmets for each A11FL team to be a case of gimmicky overkill. With respect to the Tampa Bay Bandits' alternate headgear, I have a particular problem with the black - so-called "Night Rider" - helmet.

I think rendering the horse in Red on the Black helmet is an aesthetically poor choice. It would, in my opinion, look far better in Silver/Grey.

More problematic to me is the fact that the helmet even bears the "Night Rider" sobriquet. "Night Rider" was long a term associated with the Ku Klux Klan, whose members engaged in their acts of terror under cover of darkness, and often - during the Klan's first incarnation, as well as the first half of its second incarnation - did so on horseback.

Given that Florida was a stronghold of Klan activity throughout much of the 20th Century, as well as the fact that one of the most notorious acts of Klan violence - the flogging, tarring and feathering, and castration of labor leader Joseph Shoemaker - took place in Tampa, Florida in 1937, I'd have avoided the "Night Rider" name - even to describe an alternate helmet - at all costs.

Ok, it seems to me after talking to some folks from Florida that if Brandon ok'ed the moniker, then their shouldn't be a problem unless the Right Reverend Jesse James....er....Jackson and/or Al Capone Sharpton cause it.

Even the psychopathic Al Sharpton wouldn't waste his time talking about a, at this time fictitious league, alternate helmet that may not even see the light of day.

I'm rooting for this A11 league to kickoff and have some success and I do not see how adding additional helmets will hurt this teams branding. Especially with all these fun marketing promotions like "night rider" and "regegade" a league like this needs stuff like this to get the ground running. Plus, Bandits look great.

Actually, the 1 thing I HATE about the A11FL branding so far is that the folks putting this together didn't make the pictures all the same scale. For example, it you go through all of the helmets, several are different pixel sizes. And for a few that are the same, if you did an overlay, the helmets are not all exactly the same height. That, and the released logos don't come on a standardized size palate, like 1600 by 1200 for wide and 400 by 400 / 800 by 800 for square.

One way to get off the ground on the right note is to standardize EVERYTHING and out-class your competitors. It's not really that hard to CENTER a graphic on a template if you know how wide it is and how wide the template is.....

But that's just my OCD talking.....

Sigh....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

All Chicago helmets out on fb now.

The league is asking for team name suggestions for the Showcase games. IMO, The Wranglers should be the home team in Dallas and the Bandits for Tampa. The visitors could be any of the other six teams so that the other markets would have a better reason to tune in. I know there's plenty of opinions here....

Wonder if I can go ahead and buy tickets for the game here in Tampa?

Have you called the stadium yet?

Haven't yet. I live a few blocks away and decided I would try that if I couldn't find them online. So far I only see some sort of deposit system on the A11 website.

You'd think tickets would be available for an event that is only a little over 2 months away.

It's a reward based fund raising site, Cola. The more you donate, the bigger the reward. But on something like this, the only actual tickets are in the top tier sections. They have ticket vouchers for the lower tiers and I have no idea how they'll go about deciding where those will be assigned. I'd guess they wouldn't be too close to the field or the 50.

You'd think so but apparently some folks would rather pay more as the rule by going to the ticket brokers.

The way it was worded wasn't the best. Just guessing, I'd have to say last of the initial six teams, coach.

Tampa Bay to reveal the "Night Rider" and "Renegade" designs this morning.

Night Rider and Renegade are now out.....honestly, Night Rider looks more like Texas Tech's Masked Rider minus the cape than Tampa Bay's Bandit and the horse is red. Brandon's original design looks better on black. Renegade is the red helmet and the horse is back to gray/silver.

@BrandMooreArt, the league had a statement on that but I forget exactly where it's at. I do remember them saying something about each team having a throwback, hence the 3 helmet minimum.

i'm a Bandits fan now.

da860279de10085220f8d1f85c2559e1.jpg

1049d7a14af056b6cfc97cb3604a356b.jpg

471407fc2cc026e2f4520734bf217567.jpg

I don't think the younger generation will target the name to what happened 75 plus years ago. Furthermore, I doubt the helmet will be called Night Rider by most. Instead, it will be referred to as its color.

There was an updated post somewhere that changed the Bandits Black helmet name to "Dark Rider"

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived