A11 Football League

Sodboy13

Killing the "showcase" game is probably the best decision they've made so far.

But it also killed any chance of revenue in the short term.

They lose less money this way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've now added the news to their Facebook page.

Fans, In a recent Tampa Times article, President Mike Keller announced the cancellation of the May & June Showcase games to concentrate on the March 2015 season. He also announced the two California teams are being replaced by two new team locations in other states with more favorable workers comp costs. These announcements are just some of the major changes that are on the way and part of a package of major positive developments in the launch of an 8 team professional Spring football season on ESPN. More announcements throughout the month, as we are able to release information.

Spin, spin, spin...

So, you've basically just announced that you're looking for locations based on how much you can screw the players.

Smoooooooth.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 1 month later...
So, through their "players page" they gave America a sentence...

Players, Hoping to get our June update out soon.

HAAAAAAA!

Before that on May 1, it was (via Facebook)...

#‎A11FLPlayers‬, We need to push back the next player update to June 1st, as big changes are still in the works. As was recently reported in the Tampa Times, President Mike Keller announced the cancellation of the May & June Showcase games to concentrate on the March 2015 season. He also announced the two California teams are being replaced by two new team locations in other states with more favorable workers comp costs. The CA teams are now slated for the first round of expansion. With the Showcase games off the schedule, player opportunities will be focused on the 2015 draft. That’s it for now. More major changes and positive announcements are on the way. ‪#‎A11FL‬

HAAAAAAA!

Will high schools be prepared to pounce on the helmet concepts and not call it theft?

I'll sound like captain obvious but of course that has a trillion times better chance than A-11 to even kick off. Of course the NFL has kinda done the minor-league thing before.

I'm thinking if the NFL were to run it,the league my stand a chance. Unfortunate the article made it clear that the NFL wasn't going to be approaching Europe again if a minor league occurred, it'd of been nice to see a return of the London Monarchs.

That,and the fact that a minor league team in London might just be enough to show people that London isn't right for an NFL team.

• 1 month later...

On their facebook page...

Dear Fans - For the last few months our investment team has been actively working on financing for a new Professional Spring Football League that will feature NFL rules. Details about the new league name will be released when we are able, but as of today the new league will no longer be branded as as the A11FL.

baltimoreravens.png

On their facebook page...

Dear Fans - For the last few months our investment team has been actively working on financing for a new Professional Spring Football League that will feature NFL rules. Details about the new league name will be released when we are able, but as of today the new league will no longer be branded as as the A11FL.

FWIW, Oakland-based blogger (and excessive tweeter) Zennie Abraham, kinda foreshadowed this a few months ago when he did his YouTube "show" saying that they were going to scrap the A11 formation and use NFL rules. That was uploaded on May 6.

The group still has no investors and did not even mention if they were still trying to start in 2015. But it is obvious that they will not. If anybody within management is still there since the February presser may still have the idea that they can tease foreign investment by using a US Visa as a carrot.

If you let your GoDaddy-purchased domain name go dark for 12 hours they did, then you really don't have the organization skills to realize when simple bills are due and obtain the money to start a national, professional sport.

If you let your GoDaddy-purchased domain name go dark for 12 hours they did, then you really don't have the organization skills to realize when simple bills are due and obtain the money to start a national, professional sport.

The A11FL guys approached me about buying some of my USFL-related domains. I outright told my contact, "Make me an offer. The depth of it will tell me if you're a legitimate, well bankrolled organization."

Without going into any detail, one e-mail later we were done talking, and I still have the domains.

nav-logo.png

Almost 200 posts in this thread plus those in the uniform thread... I think a significant portion of the craps given about this league were on this board. They never really seemed like they accomplished anything at all. Prospective cities, Facebook page, uni concepts... most of the members on this board could have gotten just as far.

• 3 months later...

Archived