A11 Football League

Sodboy13

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the last two will be Detroit and Denver.

I'm a little bummed they stuck with the Panthers moniker, because a switch to the Wolves would've meant seeing my logo on ESPN (if the league takes off).

I also found it odd that 45 artists participated and only 3 winners were chosen for the 8 brands.

If the Philadelphia Stars came back and played their games at Franklin Field, sign me up for at least one game. I vaguely remember the original Starsfrom when I was a kid and they played at now demolished JFK stadium.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the Philadelphia Stars came back and played their games at Franklin Field, sign me up for at least one game. I vaguely remember the original Starsfrom when I was a kid and they played at now demolished JFK stadium.

Are you sure about that last part? Wiki says they only ever played at The Vet and Franklin Field.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Are you sure about that last part? Wiki says they only ever played at The Vet and Franklin Field.

Huh. Guess I was wrong. Like I said, I was a kid (6 years old) when they were here, so my memory is hazy. I could have sworn I recall seeing highlights of them from JFK, but I'm probably confusing them wiht Army/Navy. They switched from spring to fall right? I guess they were in Baltimore by then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did I miss them saying The Meadowlands? I don't remember if UTampa even has a football program and Tropicana might not be a viable alternative. Boulder would be the next closest I guess there

UT doesn't have a team, but USF plays their home games at RayJay. I don't think we'll see them at Tropicana either since they'll play during the baseball season.

Damn, I love the lack of economic forethought from these people. Outside of ESPN, I am not sure where they are getting other revenue which justifies them thinking that a 49% share of a franchise is worth $10M (or more). If the reports regarding the new MLS contract are true, then that league which will begin season 19 will receive less than $4M/team in television starting in 2015. There is no way the A11FL will have that much per team in season 1.

$4M team payroll, another $1.2M for coaches, another $1M administrative staff...you see how the money is burning and there still are costs like local team offices/practice facilities.

Locations: They seem hell bent on using stadiums which have master leases controlled by NFL teams, thus the NFL teams control the revenue and avenues towards revenue, like concessions and parking. They are just handing over $$$ to NFL owners without a fight. The $150,000 which they are paying to use Raymond James Stadium in Tampa for the “showcase game” is the same rent which the USF Bulls pay the Tampa Sports Authority.

The Bay Area Sea Lions have no home stadium, since Candlestick will be closed to the public this fall for demolition which is to be done no later than spring 2015. Even in last week's presser, Candlestick was not named, but Stanford, Cal, and even Levi's Stadium were mentioned.

The Bucs, Broncos, and NYG/NYJ control the stadium revenues for their home venues. USC controls the Coliseum. If they go to Detroit, the Lions will get paid too unless they decide to play in Ypsilanti since the Silverdome is not an option.

Not to worry. After all, they're crowdfunding at indiegogo.

The Bay Area Sea Lions have generated $381.00 in 7 days. That's $54.43 a day. At that sizzling fundraising pace, the Sea Lions should meet their $25,000 goal in just 452 more days!!!

The Los Angeles Express have generated $122.00 in 7 days. That's $17.43 a day. At that more modest rate of fundraising, the Express are projected to meet their $25,000 goal in 1,427 more days. Come on, Express fans... pledge, pledge, pledge!!!

What's that? The indiegogo campaigns close after just 33 more days.

Never mind.

I saw your logo Doug...that is cool they chose yours if the Wolves would have been the name.

It really isn't that odd to only have 3 winners, easier to keep track of 3 winners for legal reasons (payment, copyright, marketing) than it is to award it to a dozen or so.

I'm a little bummed they stuck with the Panthers moniker, because a switch to the Wolves would've meant seeing my logo on ESPN (if the league takes off).

I also found it odd that 45 artists participated and only 3 winners were chosen for the 8 brands.

Damn, I love the lack of economic forethought from these people. Outside of ESPN, I am not sure where they are getting other revenue which justifies them thinking that a 49% share of a franchise is worth $10M (or more). If the reports regarding the new MLS contract are true, then that league which will begin season 19 will receive less than $4M/team in television starting in 2015.

There is no way the A11FL will have that much per team in season 1.

$4M team payroll, another $1.2M for coaches, another $1M administrative staff...you see how the money is burning and there still are costs like local team offices/practice facilities.

Locations: They seem hell bent on using stadiums which have master leases controlled by NFL teams, thus the NFL teams control the revenue and avenues towards revenue, like concessions and parking. They are just handing over $$$ to NFL owners without a fight. The $150,000 which they are paying to use Raymond James Stadium in Tampa for the “showcase game” is the same rent which the USF Bulls pay the Tampa Sports Authority.

The Bay Area Sea Lions have no home stadium, since Candlestick will be closed to the public this fall for demolition which is to be done no later than spring 2015. Even in last week's presser, Candlestick was not named, but Stanford, Cal, and even Levi's Stadium were mentioned.

The Bucs, Broncos, and NYG/NYJ control the stadium revenues for their home venues. USC controls the Coliseum. If they go to Detroit, the Lions will get paid too unless they decide to play in Ypsilanti since the Silverdome is not an option.

Hell, even if they elect San Antonio, the city would take parking and concessions in addition to per game rent. UTSA pays slightly less than what USF pays in Tampa.

I cannot wait until they ask the officiating crews to accept payment in the next alternative to Bitcoin.

I can see Met Stadium being used. The Giants and Jets do need revenue to help pay off the stadium.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Damn, I love the lack of economic forethought from these people. Outside of ESPN, I am not sure where they are getting other revenue which justifies them thinking that a 49% share of a franchise is worth $10M (or more). If the reports regarding the new MLS contract are true, then that league which will begin season 19 will receive less than $4M/team in television starting in 2015. There is no way the A11FL will have that much per team in season 1.

Not to worry. After all, they're crowdfunding at indiegogo.

The Bay Area Sea Lions have generated $381.00 in 7 days. That's $54.43 a day. At that sizzling fundraising pace, the Sea Lions should meet their $25,000 goal in just 452 more days!!!

The Los Angeles Express have generated $122.00 in 7 days. That's $17.43 a day. At that more modest rate of fundraising, the Express are projected to meet their $25,000 goal in 1,427 more days. Come on, Express fans... pledge, pledge, pledge!!!

What's that? The indiegogo campaigns close after just 33 more days.

Never mind.

Brian, I thought you were going to assure me that the league will have lots of funding since every month since last June they have offered a contract to Tim Tebow which is supposedly is valued at $100M, but that is in "Steve Young dollars"

I found that strange, too--just didn't want to be the first one to say so.

Whether the league kicks off or not, I sho' hope them boys got paid.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can't hurt any...it's like this is their only source of funding. They introduced concept in 2012 but perhaps with names, logos, helmets, etc, the sites will be more active. Doesn't take money out of my pocket any.

There are two types of crowdfunding requests. Those that need the money, and those that don't. The latter abuse the model and should be suppressed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does anyone here see this league actually lasting...? Some great stuff here, but we've seen leagues start up and fade just as quickly. I'd love to see a league like this succeed, and hopefully they picked the right markets to do so. I'd love to see a team in Columbus, but with the Browns and Bengals, I'm not sure how well that would go over.

There are two types of crowdfunding requests. Those that need the money, and those that don't. The latter abuse the model and should be suppressed.

Really, they should all just go away.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Did I miss them saying The Meadowlands? I don't remember if UTampa even has a football program and Tropicana might not be a viable alternative. Boulder would be the next closest I guess there

This is why putting teams in NFL cities is a bad idea.

For the record, Tampa hasn't fielded a football team since their brief sojourn in Division I during the 1970s.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived