A11 Football League

Sodboy13

Who was that guy from Ohio State that tried to get in to the NFL early but couldn't then robbed people and threw his life away? Well he was good, right? You think he would have played in this league if they offered him 500K while the NFL was offering 0 and whatever he was getting "under the table" from OSU boosters couldn't have been that much.

Maurice Clarett, there is a ESPN 30 for 30 about him and that exact issue.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was that guy from Ohio State that tried to get in to the NFL early but couldn't then robbed people and threw his life away? Well he was good, right? You think he would have played in this league if they offered him 500K while the NFL was offering 0 and whatever he was getting "under the table" from OSU boosters couldn't have been that much.

Maurice Clarett, there is a ESPN 30 for 30 about him and that exact issue.

Put him on a team with Tebow. That would have been a sideshow to rival the bearded lady.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Rent for the stadiums isn't too much. I rented out the Cowboys stadium for a showcase the year after it opened for about 25,000 which included 24 hrs with the field. Uniforms/helmets may or may not be depending on apparel partners. Insurance could be steep. Not sure if you pay players or coaches, or use this as an opportunity to give them exposure, thus forgoing payment.

I think the plan is to announce all 8 head coaches, and have 4 work for each of the showcase teams. The players on both teams will end up in a leaguewide free agent draft sometime before the 2015 season. Since all players are signed by the league, not by a franchise, they can be shipped around pretty easily. That is one of the benefits of a single entity model.

I still think this league needs to be more upfront about their financing and who the investors are, but they have said that this is something that will be revealed after the showcase games.

If I were running the A11FL I would use each showcase game to reveal team 4 team uniforms, owners (49%) and territorial draft schools. Build some momentum and excitement for 2015. If they can I would also reveal major sponsors (uniforms, helmets, etc. but also any nationwide sponsors for the league as a whole.)

They have 2 days, with ESPN2 coverage, to get their brand into the consciousness of the country, because once Fall hits and the NFL starts up, they will have a hard time getting any press at all.

They're only trying to raise $25,000 through crowdfunding, which says to me that it's less about financing the operation and more about brand building and exposure. This looks like an attempt to create a fanbase that is invested (quite literally) in the operation.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the four indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns that the A11FL launched have all concluded. In each case, the goal was $25,000.

The Tampa Bay Bandits campaign saw 9 donors (4 anonymous) pledge $437.00 of the $25,000.00 goal.

The Bay Area Sea Lions campaign saw 11 donors (5 anonymous) pledge $436.00 of the $25,000.00 goal.

The Los Angeles Express campaign saw 10 donors (4 anonymous) pledge $419.00 of the $25,000.00 goal.

The Dallas Wranglers campaign saw 5 donors (3 anonymous) pledge $185.00 of the $25,000.00 goal.

So, the A11FL's four initial crowdfunding campaigns secured just $1,477.00 of a $100,000.00 overall goal.

Further, if we assume that the anonymous donors were all unique individuals, while taking into consideration that three of the named donors pledged more than once, the indiegogo campaigns drew the support of 31 people... for four franchises to be located in Metropolitan Statistical Areas that are home to a combined 27,052,350 residents according to U.S. Census Bureau 2012 population estimates.

Bottom line? Whether looking to generate financing or build branding/exposure, the A11FL's indiegogo campaigns appear to have been something less than successful.

They haven't made much of a noise beyond social media....unless there have been print ads that no one has mentioned. Seems to me that they should have had some kind of TV ad campaign or print campaign in the six initial cities....something.

They haven't made much of a noise beyond social media....unless there have been print ads that no one has mentioned. Seems to me that they should have had some kind of TV ad campaign or print campaign in the six initial cities....something.

Sure, because the American public still loves its newspapers like it still is 1977. /sarcasm.

That still costs money which they do not have.

What else should they do? A Group-On?

While they're at it they should just go cross the country going to Public Access cable stations.

After the league pays that charity mentioned on their indiegogo pages, they might still have enough money for a couple round trip flights on Southwest. One to Tampa, and one to Love Field. On Southwest, bags fly free.

In the beginning I supported this league 100%. Now, I think these people are just wasting their time/effort/money. There is room for football in America, but there isn't. If that makes any sense. The NCAA is the Minor Leagues of American Football. You have the Arena League as spring conditioning. The CFL, well that is a different cup of tea. Canada has their own league.

In the beginning I supported this league 100%. Now, I think these people are just wasting their time/effort/money. There is room for football in America, but there isn't. If that makes any sense. The NCAA is the Minor Leagues of American Football. You have the Arena League as spring conditioning. The CFL, well that is a different cup of tea. Canada has their own league.

And we Canadians love our game... :P

Sure, because the American public still loves its newspapers like it still is 1977. /sarcasm.

That still costs money which they do not have.

What else should they do? A Group-On?

While they're are at it they should just go cross the country going to Public Access cable stations.

After the league pays that charity mentioned on their indiegogo pages, they might still have enough money for a couple round trip flights on Southwest. One to Tampa, and one to Love Field. On Southwest, bags fly free.

Print doesn't necessarily mean newspapers.

The A11FL announced via their Facebook Page that, with less than 60 days after the formation of the league, and opportunity has come up that "will secure the formation of the league for years to come".

The post would go on to say that they are focusing majority of their time now concentrating on this opportunity that has come up and that updates are "forthcoming".

Wow. Sounds like this thing will get off the ground after all. Thoughts on the statement?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived