Ballparks/Stadiums/Arena in the movies

johnnysama

To continue the Camden Yards theme . . .

Veep

veep-season-1-6-baseball-vice-president-

Dave

Stadium_Dave.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A litte Arizona flavor...

Growing up a block from Hi Corbett in Tucson...Major League's spring training scenes were shot there naturally. On a side note its sad that the only tenant of Hi Corbett is Univ. of Arizona baseball...grew up going to Tucson Toros and spring training games including getting to watch Michael Jordan play for the Scottsdale Scorpions. Great little ballpark.

Revenge of the Nerds was filmed at the UofA and the Adams Atoms football scenes were filmed at Arizona Stadium.

NerdsJohnGoodman.jpg

Jerry Maguire at Sun Devil Stadium.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Herndon Stadium at Morris Brown College in Atlanta was used as Marshall's stadium in "We Are Marshall".

slideshow_1002382911_082312Morris_ba03.j

Herndon was also in "Drumline" (Nick Cannon) when Atlanta A&T played MBC.

I was on the field at Herndon in late 2009, and it was falling apart then. It had a few old Georgia Mustangs (NAFL) logos painted up at that time, and MBC obviously hasn't used it in over a decade.

"Little Big League" at the Metrodome.

I also remember having to watch "Selena" in high school Spanish class, and her performance at the Astrodome was clearly filmed at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

tumblr_mkjze4BxQC1qhwi0yo1_500.gif

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

The Garden was also used in an episode of St. Elsewhere, showing a kid who was up in the rafters trying to snag a banner, and falls (on the ice, IIRC).

Fouts at the University of North Texas was used by "Texas State" for Necessary Roughness.

Rise and Walk: The Dennis Byrd Story had scenes shot on Owen Field in Norman. Though Byrd played for Tulsa in college, he was from Mustang, Oklahoma was about to replace the astroturf with grass, and Lt. Guv (and former Sooner QB) Jack Mildren heard the location scouts couldn't get a field, so he made things happen. They put the Jets logo on the south end zone before they ripped up the plastic and dropped the crown. I don't know if there's a picture floating around of it, but I was a student there at the time and remember it distinctly.

just got done watching the bad news bears go to japan. I am assuming the stadium in japan in which the bears play the japan team was a major league park in japan. does anyone know which park it was?

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

1977 basketball movie "One On One" starring Robbie Benson was set at Moby Arena on the campus of Colorado State University.

Too bad I am having a difficult time finding pictures for that setting in that movie. Instead, I decided to give out a video clip for this, but you can tell it was held there.

If memory serves me Kemper Arena in KC is in the old TV movie The Day After.

As a KC native I don't recall this. The entire movie is available on youtube and the Liberty Memorial is featured fairly prominently ina seen with Jason Robards and his character's daughter about 11 min in, but I don't think Kemper is visible from the top (was up there about 6 years ago), and even if it was I don't see it in the shot. Most of the ground level outdoor shots appear to be generic downtown cityscapes (and Kemper isn't downtown).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2B7sdLPMfc

Perhaps EZ or yh can recall it. They're relative locals...

IIRC there is a Royals game going on when the nukes hit. Was that filmed at Kauffman?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The final scene of The Naked Gun took place at Angels game, but it was filmed at Dodger Stadium.

MLB forced them to use the Mariners as one of the teams, which is why the Dodgers weren't the home team.

Really? Why was that?

They had some of the lowest attendance/merch sales and were one of the worse teams at the time. Trying to boost the brand a little bit.

Anubis.png

The final scene of The Naked Gun took place at Angels game, but it was filmed at Dodger Stadium.

MLB forced them to use the Mariners as one of the teams, which is why the Dodgers weren't the home team.

Really? Why was that?

They had some of the lowest attendance/merch sales and were one of the worse teams at the time. Trying to boost the brand a little bit.

Its the same reason the Bernie Mac movie Mr 3000 used the Milwaukee Brewers.

Really? Why was that?

That may be true, but it sounds like an urban legend.

Really? Why was that?

That may be true, but it sounds like an urban legend.
Do you have anything that says differently?

Archived