Mizzou's Michael Sam comes out

McCall

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe like God that no sin is greater than any other.

Does God really believe that? If so, He and I need to sit down and have a talk.

I lied to my parents about going on that 12 county murder spree. Those sins have equal weight, right?

You put people out of their Missouri?

I saw, I came, I left.

Until Michael Sam is able to hug his boyfriend/husband after winning the Super Bowl without being insulted or receiving death threats, this will be an issue, and it will take people as brave as he is to come out for the ignorant to see that this is who they are and that they deserve the same respect as the rest of us.

I may be Catholic, but I will champion rights and respect for gays until the day I die. Besides, in my Catholic wedding, 2/3 of the groomsmen, including my best man, were gay, and I was proud of it.

VmWIn6B.png

I believe like God that no sin is greater than any other.

Does God really believe that? If so, He and I need to sit down and have a talk.

I lied to my parents about going on that 12 county murder spree. Those sins have equal weight, right?

You put people out of their Missouri?

Well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In-post edit: Holy #$(& some people really believe the Earth is flat.

Their website makes for great reading if you want some cheap laughs.

I found a link to an active forum through Wikipedia! Even more puzzling than the Flat Earthers are the normal people who "troll" the Flat Earthers on their own forum. I cannot imagine a situation where that would be a good use of my time.

They pretend to be an ally to get elected. Nothing more. Every election is nothing but empty promises from both parties.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know this is ironic, seeing as how I think it's crazy when someone accuses a gay of 'just doing it for attention'... but this is crazy! The sphericalness of the Earth is a proven fact centuries before the 70s, when Magellan sailed around the world. These guys must be doing this for their 15 minutes.

Don't know if you guys saw this, but I saw it trending on Facebook. Similar to Jon Stewart's take, but more serious. I thought it was well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olc5C4SXAYM

Dale Hansen, WFAA Dallas/Fort Worth.

Was just about to post that. Yes. Very well done.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I know nothing about the author of this, so I cannot vouch for him, but it comes just short of saying that Sam is not an NFL-caliber player.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/13/michael-sam-film-study-nfl-draft/?eref=sihp

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I know nothing about the author of this, so I cannot vouch for him, but it comes just short of saying that Sam is not an NFL-caliber player.

Doesn't appear to have ever been an NFL scout but was instead a sports columnist.

He also thinks Aaron Hernandez is a good kid at heart.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

[Disclaimer: If y'all feel this drags things too far off-topic, I'll remove this. Also, it's a HuffPost article, so there may be some bias present; mind you, I share their bias on this subject.]

This is only tangentially related, but stories like this keep reminding me why visibility is important; without it, we'll continue to be pushed back down:

How Alabama Tried To 'Erase' This Gay Man's Marriage

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Doesn't appear to have ever been an NFL scout but was instead a sports columnist.

He also thinks Aaron Hernandez is a good kid at heart.

Don't forget also that Peter King has been single-handedly pushing the "NFL is not ready for a gay player" narrative more than anybody else. I'd say anything coming from MMQB is automatically suspect for that reason.

You can be a fat guy whose played, or a skinny guy who hasn't. In Kings case, he's a skinny guy who hasn't. Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm a skinny 15 year old white kid from Canada. None of this matters, because both Peter King and I can have an opinion on who can play in the NFL (if you can play, you can play), although most peoples opinions (like Kings) suck. While I agree with the fight you're fighting, I don't think your argument makes any sense...

Peter King is actually a fat guy who never played. He's also an Ohio University graduate. Yay.

The idea that the NFL has to be "ready" for a gay player before one plays in the NFL is silly. If we wait until they're ready it'll be 2035. Baseball wasn't exactly ready for Jackie Robinson,but baseball adjusted once they all realized how inconsequential skin color is to performance on the field.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You can be a fat guy whose played, or a skinny guy who hasn't. In Kings case, he's a skinny guy who hasn't. Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm a skinny 15 year old white kid from Canada. None of this matters, because both Peter King and I can have an opinion on who can play in the NFL (if you can play, you can play), although most peoples opinions (like Kings) suck. While I agree with the fight you're fighting, I don't think your argument makes any sense...

My point isn't even that he's fat, I just figured I had a chance of being right and I was. He could have been a skinny guy who's never played and my argument would be the same. Who is King and why are his views on football in high demand.

The NFL is not ready. And you know what. It won't be ready for its first gay player whether that's 2014 or 2024.

Hopefully Sam helps a great deal with the transition. He seems like a thoughtful, determined guy that can win people over. So next to a superstar who is already respected, this is about the next best option.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived