Norway's 2014 Olympic Curling Pants

Still MIGHTY

In protest of the debate over whether their pants are an illegal distraction, the Norwegian curling team pulled out a surprise alternate set:

MhQDPeYUSGRhQ4eA.jpg

But for those that are needing some sweet pants action, here's a set we missed:

968968_10152206838919556_1886212078_n.jp

Also, there's now a Norway Pants Tracker on SBNation and a Norway Pants Facebook Page.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody confirm that heavy drinking is a requirement to compete in international curling?

On the international scale? No. Local clubs? Oh for sure. You have to do something on a cold winter's night.

TSN had a Top Ten greatest curling plays show on some time ago and one of the plays they picked was from the 1960s. Remarkable how much the game has changed. I can't remember the actual play because I was transfixed by the guy throwing the rock. Back then they used the straw brooms instead of the push brooms of now. They wore heavy knit button-up sweaters and wool tams! And I kid you not, the guy throwing the rock had a lit cigarette in his mouth!

The only reason I even bring this up is that I believe (though I could be wrong) the Norwegian team in 2010 introduced those pants as a type of retro uniform honouring Norwegian teams from the '70s...

It only took a couple weeks, but I found what everyone is looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6x2B_1ShAZo#t=1012

Head to about 16:30 for some hot action.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived