NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

Dare I say I like your Viking font more than the actaul font the Vikings use? My only critique is that I feel the logo is a little bit small. I picture it on a baseball cap and not on a helmet or a primary logo on a jersey, similar to the the Redskin's old secondary logo of the "R". Im thinking a little larger and maybe thicker gold ring might "fix" this IMO.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really liking these.The vikings one is cool but, I have always been a fan of Celtic looking designs. Im excited to see what you have in mind for the browns though.

Edit: I would really like it if you made a time lapse of a logo. I can create the logo the exact way I want it via drawing, but cant execute well in illustrator. I would just want to see what your process is like.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im really liking these.The vikings one is cool but, I have always been a fan of Celtic looking designs. Im excited to see what you have in mind for the browns though.

Edit: I would really like it if you made a time lapse of a logo. I can create the logo the exact way I want it via drawing, but cant execute well in illustrator. I would just want to see what your process is like.

Ironically, I just put a sketch together for the Browns this afternoon and planned to do a full time-lapse for it - wordmark and everything.

I'm confused as to what the logo is meant to represent. And, it's probably just the Saints fan in me talking, but I don't like the use of that font for the Vikings. I'd like to see a wordmark that looks a bit more beat up to match the logo.

gYH2mW9.png

I really love the rugged look Dersch. Right now though, it looks more like a broadcast show logo if that makes any sense? It has a great look, I'm just not sure how it translates to a sports team.

I wouldn't mind seeing the horns(on the helmet)roughed up like this. I think that would be pretty sweet.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I'm confused as to what the logo is meant to represent. And, it's probably just the Saints fan in me talking, but I don't like the use of that font for the Vikings. I'd like to see a wordmark that looks a bit more beat up to match the logo.

It's a V done in a celtic-knot, similar in style to ones you'd see decorating viking axes. Awesome idea on the wordmark!

I really love the rugged look Dersch. Right now though, it looks more like a broadcast show logo if that makes any sense? It has a great look, I'm just not sure how it translates to a sports team.

I wouldn't mind seeing the horns(on the helmet)roughed up like this. I think that would be pretty sweet.

You seein' this, ChrisClement? This is also what I had in mind :lol:

Your Video makes me want to get illustrator and lean it. Nice Job!

Lucky for you Adobe is sort-of giving away CS2 Illustrator for free.

And wow with that Browns logo. I'd wear the crap out of that pregaming in the Muni lot.

On a slightly-related note, between the 40 and 50 second mark bit in your timelapse, it looked like you were drawing Homestar Runner.

First, a roughed up wordmark for the Vikings!

Then, a new look for the Browns!

And, as promised, a complete timelapse. The only thing you don't see is that I did sketch out my idea on paper first and used it as off-screen reference.

[time-lapse of Cleveland Browns]

Enjoy!

Kid you not, the best time-lapse video I've seen. Exactly the type of video I've been looking for. :notworthy: ... :winner:

I don't have your skills, but it also helps validate some of the methods I've been using. Now, if only I could make mine look as refined...

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

First, a roughed up wordmark for the Vikings!

Then, a new look for the Browns!

And, as promised, a complete timelapse. The only thing you don't see is that I did sketch out my idea on paper first and used it as off-screen reference.

[time-lapse of Cleveland Browns]

Enjoy!

Kid you not, the best time-lapse video I've seen. Exactly the type of video I've been looking for. :notworthy: ... :winner:

I don't have your skills, but it also helps validate some of the methods I've been using. Now, if only I could make mine look as refined...

Nice work on the video. One thing I'd recommend to you is to learn the pathfinder tools in Illy -- it'll save you a lot of time and will also help prep the final file a little better.

Awesome work, and love the videos.

I wanna punch my screen in disgust over how freaking awesome these videos are.

If that didn't make sense, I'll just say these are fantastic :D

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! Doug, I do use the Pathfinder quite a bit - it might not come across in the high-speed. But thanks for the help!

As for the comments on the collar, I've made it a bit more his size.

q8GyMuw.jpg

Your Video makes me want to get illustrator and lean it. Nice Job!

Lucky for you Adobe is sort-of giving away CS2 Illustrator for free.
Go on.......

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5724-adobe-illustrator-cs2-free.html

However, http://lifehacker.com/5973750/download-adobe-creative-suite-2-including-photoshop-and-illustrator-for-free - it looks like the whole thing was a bit of a mistake. They took down the activation/verification servers, so it's basically free. But they did put it out there, and a few people look like they're hosting it.

Archived