NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

Uhhh why don't you try either the A or the Cardinal, mixing them doesn't look right.

This is not feedback. Explain to me what you feel is off, don't just say something's off and call it good.

Okay. The wing looks like it's just there so it can be there. Either remove that, or try a bird instead.

Better.

But I disagree.

So you want my feedback but don't like it?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks good as is. Wouldn't be the first logo to a animate part to a Monogram and you did a good job of it. You may try playing with the top of the A where it points back toward the wing. It kind of already looks like a bird beak and it'd be really cool to see you play off that!

Here's the newest Cardinals! I went in a completely different direction with it.

x8VFfTl.jpg

Feels kind of collegiate to me. Not much of single letter logos in the NFL. It turned out really nice, but something about using an "A" slightly bothers me. Much prefer the actual cardinal head myself. That being said, your overall work here is A.MA.ZING. Keep up the good work.

XcryMwi.png

Uhhh why don't you try either the A or the Cardinal, mixing them doesn't look right.

This is not feedback. Explain to me what you feel is off, don't just say something's off and call it good.

Okay. The wing looks like it's just there so it can be there. Either remove that, or try a bird instead.

Better.

But I disagree.

No, there's a difference between disagreeing with someone and not liking what someone has to say. These forums are for the betterment of designers, and they can only get better when the feedback they get is better.

When you're working on a project, would you rather hear "Not even close. Next." or "I'm not a fan, and this is why. If you work on..."? Keep that in mind the next time you comment on a concept thread.

Better.

But I disagree.

No, there's a difference between disagreeing with someone and not liking what someone has to say. These forums are for the betterment of designers, and they can only get better when the feedback they get is better.

When you're working on a project, would you rather hear "Not even close. Next." or "I'm not a fan, and this is why. If you work on..."? Keep that in mind the next time you comment on a concept thread.

I didn't say that. I said I didn't like the mixing of the wing and the a, and suggested you try one or the other. That's more than just writing it off and watching for the next one. Maybe if you like the wing on it, try moving it up. I didn't just say I didn't like it and move on.

I think it looks good as is. Wouldn't be the first logo to a animate part to a Monogram and you did a good job of it. You may try playing with the top of the A where it points back toward the wing. It kind of already looks like a bird beak and it'd be really cool to see you play off that!

This. You could totally work the top of the A into a cardinal head. It wouldn't have to be anatomically correct, but more of an abstract rendering--kind of like the Falcons logo.

And MCH925, you should be the last person criticizing someone for not taking C&C. You're one of the worst at that I've seen in 4 and half years on the boards. And the comments you were getting were actually constructive. Telling Derschwigg that you would scrap the entire concept behind his Cardinals logo doesn't help at all.

This. You could totally work the top of the A into a cardinal head. It wouldn't have to be anatomically correct, but more of an abstract rendering--kind of like the Falcons logo.

And MCH925, you should be the last person criticizing someone for not taking C&C. You're one of the worst at that I've seen in 4 and half years on the boards. And the comments you were getting were actually constructive. Telling Derschwigg that you would scrap the entire concept behind his Cardinals logo doesn't help at all.

I'm not criticizing him. I was trying to figure what he was saying. I'm trying to take this C&C I'm getting, some of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. FYI, that's why I quit my NFL series. I'll restart it in a little while and try to have a more open mind. And I actually agree with what was posted above, work the a into a Cardinal head, that would be one of the best logo concepts I've ever seen.

I'm not criticizing him. I was trying to figure what he was saying. I'm trying to take this C&C I'm getting, some of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. FYI, that's why I quit my NFL series. I'll restart it in a little while and try to have a more open mind. And I actually agree with what was posted above, work the a into a Cardinal head, that would be one of the best logo concepts I've ever seen.

You kinda were, though.

And if THAT'S what you thought, that's what you should have said.

All this aside, I appreciate your thoughts! I'll see if I can work a Cardinal head into the point of the A, but I might tackle the Bengals before revising this one.

You kinda were, though.

And if THAT'S what you thought, that's what you should have said.

All this aside, I appreciate your thoughts! I'll see if I can work a Cardinal head into the point of the A, but I might tackle the Bengals before revising this one.

Okay, well if that's how I came across, I apologize. That isn't what I initially thought, but I agree with that it would look awesome if you did that.

Honestly, I really dislike the winged "A" design - if you didn't use the word mark, i would have assumed it was for Atlanta Falcons.

What about using a "C" instead? The top of the wing naturally points down that could easily be worked into a "C" and the lower feathers could also easily be designed into a "C".

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Honestly, I really dislike the winged "A" design - if you didn't use the word mark, i would have assumed it was for Atlanta Falcons.

What about using a "C" instead? The top of the wing naturally points down that could easily be worked into a "C" and the lower feathers could also easily be designed into a "C".

Is that for the current Falcons look or for my Falcons look?

Is that for the current Falcons look or for my Falcons look?

For your Cardinals design.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Better.

But I disagree.

I didn't say that. I said I didn't like the mixing of the wing and the a, and suggested you try one or the other. That's more than just writing it off and watching for the next one. Maybe if you like the wing on it, try moving it up. I didn't just say I didn't like it and move on.

I think I understand here, and Derschwigg's right. Derschwigg can take or reject C&C as he pleases; this is his project. That being said, you (MCH) should not be offended (you sound offended, I can't read your tone too well, judging I don't see you in person. I think what you are saying is right, the A looks a little strange. You seem very defensive about what you say, and I suggest just saying something like this:

I don't like the look of both the A and the wing. I think if you moved the wing up, it may look better.

MCH925--- Note to you---you've been on these boards for almost 1 month now, and you've racked up 350+ posts. Now, I learned the hard way that the users who have been on these boards for a while and are really good (Derschwigg, Windell918, Sparky Chewbarky, raysox, BrandMooreArt, etc.) don't like it when someone new comes and is overly criticizing to their work. I would lay low for a bit, only posting a few concepts rather than the 3 different projects you have going on right now. That's just my advice, coming from another user who did almost the exact same thing.

tinysig.jpg

Archived