NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, all! Like last time, I'm probably going to do a few new entries before I get to C&C after I've had a chance to distance myself from it for a bit.

In any case - I've ALREADY come to a split-decision.

Here's two options for the new look Dolphins.

rUXnpCs.jpg

GQDeWZj.jpg

Edit: I'll be revisiting this - the more I look at it, the more I don't like the way I rendered the dolphin.

Give that Dolphin something to eat!

spacer.png

Thanks everyone for the CC! I took some of your advice and, I think, made this a better concept.

wbewxEU.jpg

The pupils look great. And the color change completely negates my previous shaggy comments. Well done!

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Gorgeous! Is that the font that Baylor uses?

Not sure I like the Baylor-style font for Chicago. It feels like these Bears are stealing from those Bears, and Chicago shouldn't be copying Baylor. But good job on the concept (and the others too).

Thanks!

It is the Baylor font, but I think it lends itself well to the old-school style/tradition of the franchise. I can always look for other fonts, but I'm pretty happy with this look.

Hey Dersch. I had some change recommendations for your Dolphins concept logo. I decided to go ahead and take a copy of your design and implement said recommendations myself. I think that makes it easier to get a sense of what the person is trying to portray if you can actually see it first hand as opposed to just trying to visualize it in your head.

Original design Updated design

dersch_design1.pngdersch_design2.png

Here are the modifications I made:

- shorten the snout

- round off the fins (dolphins have rounded fins)

- bring the tail fin closer to the body

- enlarged the sun a little

- and i added a little twinkle in the dolphins eye.

Just my two cents which is probably all it's worth. ;)

Thanks, all! Like last time, I'm probably going to do a few new entries before I get to C&C after I've had a chance to distance myself from it for a bit.

In any case - I've ALREADY come to a split-decision.

Here's two options for the new look Dolphins.

rUXnpCs.jpg

GQDeWZj.jpg

Edit: I'll be revisiting this - the more I look at it, the more I don't like the way I rendered the dolphin.

Give that Dolphin something to eat!

Hey Dersch. I had some change recommendations for your Dolphins concept logo. I decided to go ahead and take a copy of your design and implement said recommendations myself. I think that makes it easier to get a sense of what the person is trying to portray if you can actually see it first hand as opposed to just trying to visualize it in your head.

Original design Updated design

dersch_design1.pngdersch_design2.png

Here are the modifications I made:

- shorten the snout

- round off the fins (dolphins have rounded fins)

- bring the tail fin closer to the body

- enlarged the sun a little

- and i added a little twinkle in the dolphins eye.

Just my two cents which is probably all it's worth. ;)

Oh boy. You guys, that's the wrong version. This is the most recent one.

TGLR3zb.jpg

I think it got a little buried in the Texans post.

Oh boy. You guys, that's the wrong version. This is the most recent one.

TGLR3zb.jpg

I think it got a little buried in the Texans post.

I'll add my two cents again. Your old logos were better. This one looks really derpy.

You've yet to say how, which is why I didn't really respond to it.

I can see you're going for a longer snout, and it works in the first iteration if the logo. Here, the snout looks a bit too long. The line you're using to differentiate the snout and the melon is throwing me of a bit, too. I first saw it and expected that to be the mouth.

But, hey, in researching a dolphin more, I learned that melon is a technical term, apparently. So thanks for getting me to learn something new. :)

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived