NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

I guess I saw the first one again and assumed you went back to that one. My bad.

It's all good! I just feel bad because you clearly put a lot more time and effort into your response than most! I appreciate it!

Not a problem at all. I enjoy doing this stuff and being a die hard Phins fans it was fun to work on that. I did a helmet with the logo as well.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. You guys, that's the wrong version. This is the most recent one.

TGLR3zb.jpg

I think it got a little buried in the Texans post.

I'll add my two cents again. Your old logos were better. This one looks really derpy.

You've yet to say how, which is why I didn't really respond to it.

Its very awkward and cartoony, the pose and way its shaped. It's too curved, when dolphins leap the arc isn't as severe. It's shape doesn't really look like a dolphin, its too long and thin, and the mouth is way too long.

What do you think about this?

B E A Utilful! :notworthy:

Another idea, if you feel like putting the time into it, would be to do an instructional video. Step by step of what you did to create that logo. Would help us poor novices immensely.

TGLR3zb.jpg

I'll add my two cents again. Your old logos were better. This one looks really derpy.

You've yet to say how, which is why I didn't really respond to it.

Its very awkward and cartoony, the pose and way its shaped. It's too curved, when dolphins leap the arc isn't as severe. It's shape doesn't really look like a dolphin, its too long and thin, and the mouth is way too long.

I think the snout is throwing you off the most. I'll grant you that - it is too long, but if you do a Google search of a dolphin, you'll see the arc is pretty comparable. For future reference, though, don't just say "derpy" and call it CC. That helps no one, especially people trying to get better. Be specific in what needs to be fixed/altered, and everyone on the boards will be better for it.

Yes, I'm CC'ing your CC (very insight. wow. such meta.) but it's because I don't like having to drag what people mean to say out of them.

Wow! I'm really glad people like the video! It turns out they're CRAZY easy to make (Quicktime has screen recording feature. Who knew?) so I'll do more of them for future concepts in this series.

Did anybody have trouble seeing the video because of "third party content"?

Wow! I'm really glad people like the video! It turns out they're CRAZY easy to make (Quicktime has screen recording feature. Who knew?) so I'll do more of them for future concepts in this series.

Did anybody have trouble seeing the video because of "third party content"?

Nope, not one bit. Do you have a channel, bc I will subscribe to yours for additional help

That's what- She

Thanks, all! Like last time, I'm probably going to do a few new entries before I get to C&C after I've had a chance to distance myself from it for a bit.

In any case - I've ALREADY come to a split-decision.

Here's two options for the new look Dolphins.

rUXnpCs.jpg

GQDeWZj.jpg

Edit: I'll be revisiting this - the more I look at it, the more I don't like the way I rendered the dolphin.

Give that Dolphin something to eat!

Hey Dersch. I had some change recommendations for your Dolphins concept logo. I decided to go ahead and take a copy of your design and implement said recommendations myself. I think that makes it easier to get a sense of what the person is trying to portray if you can actually see it first hand as opposed to just trying to visualize it in your head.

Original design Updated design

dersch_design1.pngdersch_design2.png

Here are the modifications I made:

- shorten the snout

- round off the fins (dolphins have rounded fins)

- bring the tail fin closer to the body

- enlarged the sun a little

- and i added a little twinkle in the dolphins eye.

Just my two cents which is probably all it's worth. ;)

TGLR3zb.jpg

I knew it was the older post, but I thought it was the better post.

spacer.png

This is awesome. I'm skilled with Photoshop, but have virtually no Illustrator skills. Watching this gives me drive to learn it. Thanks dude.

First of all, I'd like to say that all of these are very well done.

Secondly, I'm on the exact same page as HailGoldenPants, and the video made me want to download Illustrator to try it out. Superb job.

1425175351-U10338.png

XqY3Yox.jpg

Here's what I've got so far on the Bucs Primary - I couldn't get a good mouth that I liked just yet, but I kinda like the Cap'n Skull leering over the ball like that.

What do you think?

The skull looks more like a ghost.

This is awesome. I'm skilled with Photoshop, but have virtually no Illustrator skills. Watching this gives me drive to learn it. Thanks dude.

First of all, I'd like to say that all of these are very well done.

Secondly, I'm on the exact same page as HailGoldenPants, and the video made me want to download Illustrator to try it out. Superb job.

Agreed. I think the video could be slowed down just a little bit though. It really makes me want Illustrator....I use Inkscape for my designing. That video makes it incredibly obvious how much more powerful AI is compared with Inkscape.

gYH2mW9.png

XqY3Yox.jpg

Here's what I've got so far on the Bucs Primary - I couldn't get a good mouth that I liked just yet, but I kinda like the Cap'n Skull leering over the ball like that.

What do you think?

The wordmark is great. Like the wheel a lot too. I'm not feeling the ball in front though. I'd try maybe putting it behind the skull and in front of the wheel just to see how that would look.

Video is awesome too.

Guest darkpiranha

I like everything but the placement of the football. Looks like a skull is blowing a football-shaped bubble or has a football stuck in his mouth. What if the steering wheel is shaped like a football?

Archived