Olympic Men's Hockey Chances That...

kevsim1

Let's keep 'er going I guess. Results are in bold.

1. Chances that the US wins their group (Slovenia, Slovakia and Russia). Can they get by the Russians for the bye? US gets the division and the bye.

2. Chances a game will have a difference of 7+ goals. Canada-Finland is the last hope of the preliminary round. We'll see.

3. Chances Norway, Latvia, Austria or Slovenia advance to the final 8. Everyone has the same old pick. Can any of those pull something off to take a team like the Swiss' spot? Not the Swiss' spot, bur the Czechs will play the Slovakians, meaning that the winner of the Slovenia-Austria game will advance to the final 8!

4. Michael Grabner scores 6 goals in the tourney. He has 3 at the moment, Canada, Norway and at least 1 more game to go. He's got 5, 1 more against Slovenia will get it, and an Austria win might mean he has another chance.

5. Finland maintains an edge in goal differential vs Canada going into their matchup. Finland is +4, Canada +2, and they'll swap opponents. Finland to take on the Norwegians, while Canada plays Austria. They did.

6. Latvia gets within 3 goals in their last 2 divisional games. Latvia looked OK. Came within 3 goal in all 3 divisional games.

7. Phil Kessel or JVR gets at least 1 point for every game remaining for the USA. So far so good!

8. Canada's top line (Crosby, Carter, Kunitz) scores more goals than Canada's defence. Top Line 0-2 Defence. I believe it's 4-3 in favour of the defense right now.

Now for the new ones!

9. The Swiss get more than 1 goal in their playoff matchup rematch against Latvia.

10. Jonas Hiller gets his 3rd straight shutout vs Latvia.

11. The Slovakians advance vs the Czech Republic.

12. Finland makes the final 4.

13. Quick starts in net for all of the remaining US games.

14. Karlsson scores at least 1 more goal in the tourney.

15. PK Subban plays another game for Canada.

I'm going almost 100% here. There's just no way. For Latvia, a 1-0 loss to any team in the world could seem like a moral victory, really. 2 at least.

Same as above, can't see Girgensons scoring on Hiller in the NHL, where he has NHL teammates to set him up. If anyone scores on Hiller, it's him.

Not sure, it could go either way, in my opinion. Both teams are good, but not great.

I think Finland will win the bronze, so I think they'll definitely play in a medal game.

I think Quick should start. Quick is awesome, best goalie (him or Lundqvist in my opinion) in the league. But I don't know about every game.

Karlsson is a great offensive defensemen. At least one more goal.

PK is one of the best defensemen in the league. He should play every game.

Archived