EBA Logo Updates - Empires, Conquistadors, Stampede, Hammerheads

jaha32

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually my third attempt at the Hammerheads logo, and I'd say I'm finally satisfied with it. The problem I had with my previous hammerhead logo is that it looked somewhat stiff and the position seemed unnatural. In my first tries, I was trying to portray the shark showing it's bottom half. The problem is that hammerhead sharks are kind of strange looking, especially their under side and mouth area (If anyone remembers, in my very first attempt, the shark was red and had cartoony teeth). I wanted to rework the shark, so I started from scratch again and realized that hammerheads look better when showing their top half, rather than bottom half. So here is the NEW version below. I think the body flows much more naturally. I kept the old "wild" wordmark.

This may be my last EBA update....maybe. Don't hold me to that though. I'm kind of brainstorming a new project in my head, if I have time down the road.

OLD...well 2nd attempt

HAMMERHEADS-WALLPAPER_zpsdae91d24.jpg

NEW

HAMMERHEADS-WALLPAPER_zps88b5325c.jpg

I do like the first one as it's more traditional, but it was hard to tell it was indead a hammerhead. The new one is great and is pretty obvious.

That wordmark is really awesome too, would love to see it on a teal jersey. Smells like 90's.

Hey Jaha. I'm a big fan of your work. When I discovered the EBA I couln't take my eyes of it. It was really inspiring but also some kind of intimidating as you really raised the bar.

I see your point with the hammerhead and also think that the shark now probably is better executed and to identify - but - in my opinion the logo loses the hammerheads personality and it's aggressivness. So I would still prefer the old one if the new one doesn't grow personally. ;o)

All the best wishes and keep up the great work.

Daniel

I prefer the older version of the Hammerheads, as there is no confusion as to what it is. At first glance, the updated version looked like a scorpion. And, now that I keep looking at it, the tail looks more like a crab claw. Maybe if you put some color on the tail that would correct for that...?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Sorry for bumping this up, but I'm curious, what program do you use?

I use Adobe Illustrator. I'd highly recommend it to anyone serious about design.

Daniel, thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked the EBA series.

Jdp, I kind of see the scorpion thing now that you mention it. I may have to revisit this logo and particularly the tail when I have a chance.

Archived