Sign in to follow this  
DomTheAthlete29

Southern Iowa Thunderbirds

Just thought I would go ahead and post up some uniforms/logos I put together for a friends fantasy collegiate fantasy football team. Not much to say about it, just looking for some comments, critiques, etc!

USILogoSet_zps32601723.png
USIHomeandAwaySet_zps7a937af9.png
USIBlackoutSet_zps7c6291dd.png

That's nifty :P

Love that color scheme. One thing I might change is the Tertiary mark by changing the I to a T. The two I's are a bit redundant, imo.

Fo real, dawg? I was working on a thunderbird concept myself.

JK, this is great. The logo with the teal is fantastic, although that W is a little wonky. I may have to go back to the drawing board on mine.

Whoever that friend is, they are mighty lucky because that is a fantastic identity.

Thanks for all the positive feedback gentlemen! Keep it coming?

I could have sworn I commented on this yesterday, but I'll try again.

I have issues with the primary logo. To me, it reads more like a head than a bird with talons outstretched. The leg looks like the bottom of a beak. The way the notch in the wings all end at the same section make that area look like the back of a head. Does this bird have three different wings, or just three feathers on each side? On the secondary, I'd thicken the "I" more to match the other letters in the typeface. The tertiary doesn't add anything; it doesn't do anything that the secondary can't do. I think the teal could stand to be a few shades brighter as well. Dark teal with black and dark grey makes it all look a little dreary.

Good start. You can make this a good concept if you fix a few things.