The New Fox Sports Graphic Package Thread

RyanMcD29

I don't get why FOX's scoring bug for MLB is all of a sudden on the lower-left corner now. It really irritates me, considering that throughout their history, their non-ribboned scoring bugs have been fixated on the upper-left corner of the TV.

The only bug in a major league that I can remember being in the lower-left is the NBA on ABC's graphics during their 1st couple of years:

winbook46d1_nba.jpg

The lower-left corner works for NBA broadcasts, because more of their action happens in respect to the top part of your television (jumpshots, rebounds, running). But I don't see it working in MLB because more often, the action happens where the grass is (respect to the bottom half of the TV) which some of it gets blocked by the new MLB on FOX bug (if it hasn't been already by their bloated ticker).

I'm curious to see whether national-FOX will keep the placement of the new bug where the FSN networks have it, or they'll change it in time for baseball's major events.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Doubt both channels will use the same package but here's the TNF CBS/NFLN logo.

ggg_zps3551248c.jpg

Thursday Night Football needs to die. Not only is it not considered "prime time", but football should only be played on Sundays, and Mondays.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone notice that the NFL on FOX changed their logo? First time in history that they will not have a logo that says "NFL on FOX". They kept the black and yellow colors they used in 2003, but now the logo has "FOX" on top, and below it, "NFL" in the font used in the NFL logo in a down pointing yellow arrow and a black chevron below it.

200px-NFL_on_Fox_2014.svg.png

Update: New FoxBox.

BvR7CShIUAIn-q_.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheBrooklynLife/status/501160742004207616

So have we moved past the bar across/along the bottom of the screen? If so - awesome! We all have big-ass TVs. Let's use that space for football and not graphics.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did anyone notice that the NFL on FOX changed their logo? First time in history that they will not have a logo that says "NFL on FOX". They kept the black and yellow colors they used in 2003, but now the logo has "FOX" on top, and below it, "NFL" in the font used in the NFL logo in a down pointing yellow arrow and a black chevron below it.

When FOX first won the NFC rights, their broadcasts were branded as "FOX NFL Sunday", not "NFL on FOX".

The fact that the "FoxBox" is in the left-hand side instead of the right, really bugs me.

When has the actual FoxBox bug been on the right for any broadcast? Their early bugs have always been on the left, then proceeded by having one, long rectangular Chyron across the top of the whole screen in the 2000s, only to return to the left of the screen the past couple of years.

I will say that FOX's decision to have their new MLB bug on the bottom-left of the TV screen bothers me (since ESPN has proven that a baseball bug can work on the bottom-right).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived