Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolvikings

Denver Bronco concept... doubling the orange

OK, I'm not sure how this will be received, but I thought I'd give it a try. We recently had a discussion over in "logos" about whether to consider the Broncos to be a blue team or an orange team. I came down on the orange side. With that in mind, I designed a concept with two oranges. One a slightly reddish burnt orange and the other more in the U of Tennessee / old Buccaneer range.

I've done a few Bronco concepts with double blues (light royal and navy) but this is a first. Thoughts are always appreciated.

bronco1_zps2ed65e67.png

Nice, but maybe a bit more blue?

I like the two shades of orange though, looks especially sweet on the logo. Nice work!

Not bad. The orange is a little overwhelming. I really like it, though the SB Nation article mentioned that not even Oregon would have the uniform template that Denver would be using

Ehh, the idea is decent but I think you should either go double blue or double orange, as of now it feels confused.

Redish orange is to much for me. Maybe switch the two oranges.

Redish orange is to much for me. Maybe switch the two oranges.

*too

Have you considered using a different template? That one looks really 1980's-like.

Like it in the logo but not the uniforms. Also, the blue in the logo is darker than the helmet.

Yeah, that's on purpose. I kept the navy blue around the logo to separate the darker orange from the lighter blue. It would be like the 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Steelers, Redskins, etc... they'd have a color in their helmet logo that didn't appear anywhere else on the uniform.

I actually really like that.

Have you considered using a different template? That one looks really 1980's-like.

You know, its hard for me not to read that as a compliment. :D

A few updates. I reworked the pants stripe, as I wasn't too happy with how it looked on the white pants. I also thickened the number outline because I felt it got lost on the orange jersey. And I added color swatches, and a better look at the font.

bronco1_zpsfc2fd113.png

Not a fan. The extra blue and the extra orange just seem pointless.

I'd go with a blue outline on the numbers on the orange jersey. Road set is fine.

You still need to switch the oranges, it's just too bright for the Broncos

You still need to switch the oranges, it's just too bright for the Broncos

The orange I'm using for the jerseys is just the Broncos' current orange. So if you don't think their current jerseys are too bright, you shouldn't think these are. And the other orange, the one I'm using for trim is a considerably brighter Tennessee orange. Maybe they just look weird on your computer for some reason.

It's the contrast between the two oranges. I think it would look better if they switched