ArenaFL pres. by Nike - OKC YARD DAWGZ - C+C APPRECIATED ON ANYTHING!

LAWeaver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, my timing seems to be crap, because I have midterms next week and MT prep this week, so concepts may be few until around the 10th when Spring break begins.

As for Scruggs and the comment about the red, I pulled the red straight from the logo, and I anticipate Orlando's and Cleveland's shades of red to be brighter. With these teams already having very similar color schemes (besides Orlando using more yellow), I figured making the red on this different from the others would help differentiate the 3 teams.

I hope that clears that up.

Iowa is in the works, but I'm not sure whether to keep their goggle helmets or change to a winged helmet, using the wings from the logo

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Ok, so a couple things for you guys:

1) I sent out a request fo someone to recolor the Barnstormers logo, but I think I can do it myself after seeing what I've done with the New Orleans logo. Since it's already posted, consider this a "sneak-peek", if you will. Here is the link to the request:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97465-iowa-barnstormers-logo-help/#entry2184589

It shows the new color scheme and a new alternate logo, which will go on the sleeves of the uniforms (will be posted later; midterms begin tomorrow).

2). I'm in a good situation that I didn't want to be in. The New Orleans VooDoo have 4 colors: Red, purple, black, and gold. However, when experimenting, I found out that there are 3 great possibilities with these colors. Here they are below (Primary logo is the skull, alternate is the snakes):

A.) VooDoo in gold, red, black, and purple (there will be no black-and-red or black-red-gold options as that would copy CLE, JAX, ORL, and IOWA as well as Grand Rapids).

CLM0oVz.png

IOCvgqJ.png

B.) VooDoo in gold, white, and black (Same as another certain football team in NOLA)

UCU67Fn.png

RKj4dqY.png

C.) Purple, gold, and white (would decrease the number of teams with black in the color schme)

jQ0MxiI.png

Yx9gu8C.png

I'll be adding a poll shortly after this is posted. The one with the most votes will win. BTW, if the Red-Black-Purple-Gold scheme wins, there could be 6 different jerseys. Not uniforms, JERSEYS. Red, purple, white, black, gold, and a Saints-inspired one to go with a purple, black, gold, or white helmet, as well as a pair of gold, purple, white, or black pants. Oh yeah. 96 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS PEOPLE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF! :P

Phew. Glad I got that outta my system :D Happy voting!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

If anyone is wondering who the null vote is, it's me so I can track the voting. I don't vote on my own polls bc that takes the meaning out of it.

Ricky does bring up a good point. Although the PBRG scheme gives me variety and the BGW scheme is something I can't resist (I'm a sucker for black and vegas gold), the PWG scheme is different and kinda reminds me of the U of Washington Huskies.

It seems as if the PWG scheme, even though only 10 ppl have voted at this point, will win in a landslide.

Wonka - Just be happy I even gave Buffalo a team. I figured that if the sport grew big enough, Albany would've moved to a larger market, which in this case would be Buffalo. I'm a little puzzled as to what logo I should use, but that'll be for another poll. Plus, I like the Columbus branding better. I also have friends who were season ticket holders for the Destroyers but were screwed out of their money when Columbus didn't come back. In this universe, CLB didn't shut down and my friends didn't get screwed out of 100's of dollars :)

I think I'll call the voting. GeauxColonels, despite losing the vote, still made a good point as to the color scheme needing black for a name like Voodoo, but I've tried many ways and cannot get black to get into the color scheme. Believe me, if I hadn't changed one thing in the logo to begin with, we wouldn't have even been having this discussion or this poll and the color scheme would've stayed the same. I'm actually a little surprised that the black and gold scheme only got one vote.

I've gotta ask: Who wanted black and gold? Don't worry, I won't pick on ya. I liked it myself, actually. But, Gold and purple it is, and it is turning out pretty nicely with the font and design I have for it, so stay tuned!

NEW ORLEANS VOODOO BACKGROUND

Arena: Smoothie King Center

Conference/Division: American - South

Owner: Tom Benson (Newly-created NOLAS Group)

Team Colors:

K2n80SY.png

Changed History:

The New Orleans VooDoo began play in 2004 after New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson applied for an expansion team. When Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 and damaged New Orleans Arena, the team temporarily rebranded to Louisiana AFC (Arena Football Club) while they played their games in Shreveport, LA. When New Orleans Arena was repaired, the team went back to New Orleans and renewed the VooDoo name. Since Tom Benson started the VooDoo, he has also went on and bought the then-named New Orleans Hornets (now the Pelicans) and has started a company named NOLAS Group (New Orleans, LA Sports Group).

Primary Uniforms:

(Skull & Snake logos up in Post #26)

hR4dNJE.png

- The Color scheme that won the voting was the Purple-and-Gold scheme with the RPGB scheme coming in at a close second. I would like to thank everyone who voted!

- The font is actually the Angry Birds font. I thought it would fit in better with a name like VooDoo than some ordinary block font.

- Thick helmet stripes inspired by the Ohio State Rivalry helmets.

- Crossed-snakes logo makes a comeback as the pants logo

- Skull logo appears on the helmets and sleeves.

Any thoughts on NOLA? Iowa is next, but it will take some time. I already have the uniforms, but the logos are most definitely not ready and the uniforms need the logo on the sleeves. I've also got some homework as well. Needless to say, I've got a lot on my plate.

Wonka - Just be happy I even gave Buffalo a team. I figured that if the sport grew big enough, Albany would've moved to a larger market, which in this case would be Buffalo. I'm a little puzzled as to what logo I should use, but that'll be for another poll. Plus, I like the Columbus branding better. I also have friends who were season ticket holders for the Destroyers but were screwed out of their money when Columbus didn't come back. In this universe, CLB didn't shut down and my friends didn't get screwed out of 100's of dollars :)

I think I'll call the voting. GeauxColonels, despite losing the vote, still made a good point as to the color scheme needing black for a name like Voodoo, but I've tried many ways and cannot get black to get into the color scheme. Believe me, if I hadn't changed one thing in the logo to begin with, we wouldn't have even been having this discussion or this poll and the color scheme would've stayed the same. I'm actually a little surprised that the black and gold scheme only got one vote.

I've gotta ask: Who wanted black and gold? Don't worry, I won't pick on ya. I liked it myself, actually. But, Gold and purple it is, and it is turning out pretty nicely with the font and design I have for it, so stay tuned!

They didn't get the money back? Well then, looks like I lost all respect for the Destroyer name.

They didn't get the money back? Well then, looks like I lost all respect for the Destroyer name.

From the way they worded it, that's ho it sounded. Or they said that they were screwed out of a team for the 2009 season that never happened. I'm not 100% sure as to what really happened, but I'm sticking with my first story. The conversation about it was months ago, eight around October-November.

32 teams and still none from Boston. Can't catch a break even in a what if league. Do want to see a good version of the NY Dragons when you get there with some green(like the unused logo) rather than the red, black & yellow they used before 2009.

1) Boston is a possible expansion team as well as Miami, Vancouver, Indy, Houston, and a second NY team.

I do plan on using the newer Dragons logo. It looks way better

Archived