ArenaFL pres. by Nike - OKC YARD DAWGZ - C+C APPRECIATED ON ANYTHING!

LAWeaver

I have a pretty crazy idea for New Orleans - what if you used the snake logo as the helmet stripe?

Nothing is crazy when you're in the ArenaFL! :P

Seriously, though, it's not a bad idea. In fact, the outline for the snake resembles the helmet stripe (gold-purple-white-purple-gold). It sounds doable, but I'm on my phone right now so I can't trust it at the moment.

Oh, and just when you think I have enough on my plate, the High School calls and gives me a second plate, saying that I need to come in every morning from the 10th-13th to take the state graduation test (OGT as it's called for my fellow Buckeyes). That means I most likely can't go on Vacation and it takes 12 total hours out of my spring break. *Sigh*.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I'm not sure how set you are with the colors and everything (I know you did the poll and this was the favorite by far) but I took a look at the redesign (which I think is excellent, by the way) and wondered what it would look like in Mardi Gras colors. I feel like that would scream New Orleans and add some more vibrant color to the Arena League.

It does sound good for an alternate, for sure. With my version of the season going on through Mardi Gras (my season would start the Week after the Super Bowl with a 20-game schedule), I'm thinking of a dark blue, green, and a gold like the one used in the logos would make for a good alternate. However, you'll have to wait until the end to see any remaining alternates ;) (I say remaining b/c I unveiled Arizona's a little too early)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's time to take Flight:

IOWA BARNSTORMERS BACKGROUND

Arena: Wells Fargo Arena

Conference/Division: American-North

Owners: Jeff Lamberti & Kurt Warner

Team Colors:

ziB0z1j.png

Changed History

In real life, the first Barnstormers team didn't last long, as they moved to New York to become the Dragons in 2001. However, a second installment of Barnstormers football began the same year the Dragons did in the AF2. In 2010, that team moved up to the new ArenaFL. In my history, the Barnstormers still began in 1995, but never relocated and the Dragons began as a separate franchise. They also never changed to the all-black look for the 2013 season.

Logo Package:

Primary:

UJPlL3c.png

Alternate:

rdcIHeN.png

Primary Uniforms:

2BCdVFa.png

Changes:

- Again, thanks to Conrad for the fonts used here.

- Changed the yellow on the logo to gold to match the shade of the helmet.

- Darkened the red on the logo to match the red used on the jerseys

- Return of the gold pants & helmets

- Whats to come? A possible black goggle & black wing helmet, black pants, and maybe a gold jersey to create a black/gold/black combo.

Thoughts on Iowa? Georgia is next followed by Philly. AFter that, I'll (try) and post two teams at a time, with one being from the American and one from the National conferences.

I did not realize they had the wings on the uniforms. When I posted them in the first thread, I put them on just because. I'm in the process of doing so right now, MJ. Thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: Here's Freaky-Fast update:

45jUOLv.png

Had a lot of free-time on my hands today to crank out Philly and Georgia:

GEORGIA FORCE BACKGROUND

Arena: Philips Arena

Conference/Division: National-South

Owner: Arthur Blank

Team Colors:

8wIMVuP.png

Primary Uniforms

BzzNPih.png

Changes:

- Used Conrad's Michigan State font (again, Thanks!). I feel like this font suits the team. I thought about giving the logo an update with the font, but I think I'm gonna wait to do that andwill update it later.

- Sword becomes the sleeve striping, while the single helmet stripe is inspired by Georgia

- I actually wanted to keep black for the Force as it is pretty much the only separation between them and San Antonio.

PHILADELPHIA SOUL BACKGROUND

Arena: Wells Fargo Center

Conference/Division: National-East

Owners: Jon Bon Jovi & Ron Jaworski

Colors:

b31SyHI.png

Primary Uniforms

ncCkHDl.png

Changes:

- UConn font is what is being used and is from you-know-who

- The logo would've been really small if it were to fit correctly on the helmet, so I went the Oregon route and used the tails of the music note-football as the helmet stripes

- The helmet stripes transition onto the fronts of the uniforms like the Barnstormers' wings

Thanks guys. If I do add any more navy to the home, it'll be navy outlines to the numbers and script, and maybe the name on the back. As for changing the script to Philly on the road, I'm not too sure about this, but I think Philadelphians prefer the term Phila. I could be wrong though. If any Philadelphia-natives could tell me what the correct word is, then that'd be great. However, the 76ers do use Phila on their jerseys, so I'm thinkin' PHILA is prefered. I could be wrong though.

Oh... and I came across this today ;)

gVO64J2.png

bit of a bump for Iowa, Georgia, and Philly. Another teaser poster has been released, with this one coming out of Buffalo:

0BBFFoN.png

Expect more teaser posters coming out of Detroit, Milwaukee, and Birmingham in the coming days/weeks. Any thoughts abut these teaser posters? What are your predictions? Should I continue posting teasers, or am I becoming the Buffalo Sabres with all of these teasers :P ?

bit of a bump for Iowa, Georgia, and Philly. Another teaser poster has been released, with this one coming out of Buffalo:

0BBFFoN.png

Expect more teaser posters coming out of Detroit, Milwaukee, and Birmingham in the coming days/weeks. Any thoughts abut these teaser posters? What are your predictions? Should I continue posting teasers, or am I becoming the Buffalo Sabres with all of these teasers :P ?

You would be like the Sabres if you released like the dot in the i, or were two colors meet. In other words, you're fine.

That's what- She

0BBFFoN.png

You would be like the Sabres if you released like the dot in the i, or were two colors meet. In other words, you're fine.
Or in my case using paint, showing the pixel in the upper most corner on the canvas that may or not be the helmet :lol:

BUFFALO FIREBIRDS BACKGROUND

Arena: First Niagara Center

Conference/Division: American-East

Owner: Terry Pegula

Colors:

1oW8Fzl.png

New Logo:

ZkLRyDH.png

New Uniforms:

8A6dvej.png

History Changes:

First off, this is the original Albany Firebirds that began play in 1990. The team never relocated to Indiana after the 2000 AFL season and continued to play in Albany for 3 more seasons until 2004. In 2004, the team owners decided that, after several years of success, they should move to a larger market than what Albany was, but not across the border into Canada or into New York City with the Dragons. So, the team decided to move to Buffalo. The team struggled their first few seasons in their new home and some even questioned the move and rumors began to spread that the team was going back to Albany. However, this was not the case, as the Buffalo Firebirds made it all the way to the Arena Bowl in 2009, putting all rumors to bed and cementing their spot in Buffalo for years to come.

Honestly, I completely forgot that I was going to release these today. I was looking ahead to San Jose and completely forgot about Buffalo. I have also made some changes to two of the teams, with one being a relocation. However, I will unveil who these teams are in the coming weeks. There are some clues floating around this thread in case you want to figure it out yourselves. The only change I can confirm is that the New York Dragons will not necessarily be in New York. I have decided to place them in Brooklyn while keeping the New York Name a la New York Islanders.

Any thoughts on Buffalo? I will post Nike teaser posters of the two teams that will experience changers at a later date. This Spring Break won't be much of a "Break", so if San Jose is a little late (just gotta put the #'s and the NOB's on their uni's) and they will be complete.

SAN JOSE SABERS BACKGROUND

Arena: SAP Center

Conference/Division: American-West

Owners: San Jose Sports & Entertainment Enterprises

Colors:

ESDOBsB.png

Primary Logo:

c1PQz53.png

Primary Uniforms:

jDXQDgA.png

Changes:

- Obviously, the main change is the name, logo, and color scheme. The name change to Sabers makes the name - San Jose Sabers - roll of the tongue smoother compared to San Jose SaberCats.

- Black has been dropped in favor of a dark green while burnt orange replaces the tan.

- Credit to Conrad for the Grand Forks font.

- I tried to update the current logo, but the end product did the team no justice. So, I decided to redo the logo from scratch.

- The striping resembles the teeth from the Sabertooth Tiger.

As a bonus, here is what the next Detroit Drive logo may or may not look like:

MFbw665.png

I'm not sure how I feel about this logo, but it is waaaay better than my other two logos I had in mind.

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about these. I'm open to any and all C+C! Happy Daylight Savings Time!

Archived