ArenaFL pres. by Nike - OKC YARD DAWGZ - C+C APPRECIATED ON ANYTHING!

LAWeaver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been pretty absent here, but I really dig the Force and the Soul, especially the wings from the logo thrown of the shoulders, nice work there. I'd prefer you keep the Drive logo as a human, not a car, and I'd suggest putting a D on the helmet as well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I believe the only way to settle this is through a poll. I just finished the "Car-Emblem" logo and will start working on the "Muscle Car" logo. Both the "Car Emblem" and "Muscle Car" will compete against "Barry Sanders" (That's who I traced for the human logo). The logo with the most votes will be the primary logo. The human logo was supposed to be an updated version of the old logo.

Stay tuned for the poll!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

While we for the results of the Detroit poll, here's something I've been working on for almost the past week or so - The Toronto Phantoms are now the Hartford SeaWolves (was the New England SeaWolves before they relocated to Toronto)

UzcxAEI.png

I'm really liking how this turned out. It was a chore, but I'm liking the end product. What do you guys think about it?

EDIT: Here's the League Setup V.2:

jWTdQ1V.png

(also added to the OP) (click on it for larger view)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Finally glad to see a Arena Football concept and so far so good keep them coming

Thanks!

I think I'll end the voting tomorrow afternoon. Looks like I may have to be the determining vote between the Sanders and Ford logos.

I already have the base colors of the uniforms layed out and the striping. The striping I've picked favors one logo over the other, but can be modified if the other wins.

Keep them votes a coming!

Well, the voting has ended. In a close 6-5-4 vote, the '66 Mustang beat out Sanders and the Emblem to become the next logo for the Detroit Drive. Let me put the finishing touches on the uniforms and I ill get them up shortly!

DETROIT DRIVE BACKGROUND

Arena: Joe Louis Arena

Conference/Division: American-North

Owners: Barry Sanders & William Clay Ford Jr.

Colors:

rYnRM5h.png

Logo Change: Scroll Up

History Change:

The Obvious change is that the team did not relocate to MA and fold. The team was bought by William Clay Ford Jr. in 2002 (similar to him starting the Detroit Fury in '02 in real-life). In 2007, Barry Sanders bought half the team to become a co-owner with WCF Jr. The Drive continued to have great success, winning 3 more Arena Bowls.

Primary Uniforms

rsSgoWE.png

- Striping resembles the primary logo

- Magneto font on the chest

- Athletic font for the numbers

According to my Uniform Chart, Detroit has three guaranteed jerseys (this counts the primaries) and two rumored jerseys. All teams have at least 3 jerseys, while only one team has SIX confirmed jerseys due to their vast color scheme.

The following teams are ones that have been completed and their confirmed rumored jersey alts (ones with "?" are rumored):

IOWA: Gold and Dark Red

DET: Silver? and Black?

JAX: Red and Gray/Silver

NO: Gold & Green (Mardi Gras)

BUF: Orange, Yellow, and Black

SJ: Burnt Orange

CHI: Red and Sky Blue

GEO: Black & Gray?

PHI: Dark Navy

ARZ: Teal and Copper (Prematurely released on page 1)

With 10 teams down, who do you guys think looks the best overall? I'm not sure who will be next. It might be LA.

Well... Guess I'm moving on from Detroit. The more and more I look at the logo, the less and less I like it. I have a new idea of what I will do for them, but the Mustang is not working for me. I'm not sure what it is, but it's just not working. I'm also gonna wait on LA until I even the National and American conferences. Right now (after this concept), I'll have 6 American and 5 Nationals. I have changed the Kansas City Command to the Kansas City Stealth as it suits the logo better and rolls off the tongue better. LA will be after them.

In the meantime...

OKLAHOMA CITY YARD DAWGZ BACKGROUND

Arena: Chesapeake Energy Center

Conference/Division: National-North

Owner: Phil Miller

Colors:

kUQkimX.png

Primary Logo:

Vn3Nshh.png

Main changes are 1) a lighter shade of gray, and 2) a brighter shade of "brick red", which was used on the 2010 logo. What I did was put the lighter red on the old Bulldog head logo used from 04-09.

Primary Uniforms:

rvGLeVU.png

Notes:

- I wanted something different than a black/brick/black set, as that would be like most of the other teams in the league. I wanted to keep the black, however, as brick and gray would seem too "old-school" if you will.

- The brick presented an opportunity to make a uniform color that no other team had. A black jersey would seem like so many other teams, thus the all-brick uniform was born

- Credit to Conrad for the Minnesota Vikings font

-The helmet features a slightly larger-than-normal logo

I would really appreciate some C+C on these uniforms. I'm also wondering if I should continue with this series as there seems to be a lack in interest.

Thoughts on... well, anything, really? KC should be posted sometime within the next week or so.

Thanks for the suggestion, ricky. I think it looks much better now:

Gs1muGz.png

Thoughts on the update?

The home set looks much better without the red pants.

I think you should continue this series, sorry I don't comment on it much though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a better one for ya. Expanding the league from 14 to 30 teams and have the concept of realignment be like this:

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

East Division

Albany Firebirds *

Florida Firecats ** ****

Jacksonville Sharks *

New York CityHawks

Pittsburgh Power

Central Division

Atlanta Thoroughbreds ***

Cleveland Gladiators

Indianapolis Enforcers ***

Iowa Barnstormers

Nashville Kats

West Division

Arizona Rattlers *

Colorado Crush *

Los Angeles KISS

Portland Thunder

San Antonio Talons

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

East Division

Buffalo Destroyers

New York Dragons

Orlando Predators *

Philadelphia Soul *

Tampa Bay Storm *

Central Division

Chicago Bruisers

Denver Dynamite *

Detroit Drive *

Grand Rapids Rampage *

New Orleans Voodoo

West Division

Dallas Vigilantes

Houston Lightning ***

San Diego Riptide ****

San Jose SaberCats *

Spokane Shock ** *

* Past Arena Bowl Champions

** Past Arena Cup Champions

*** Expansion Teams/Names from Past Leagues

**** Promoted from af2

While I do appreciate the suggestions, I feel comfortable with my current alignment. This is more of a "What if" series where some teams didn't fold, Nike remained the uniform manufacturer, and the league didn't go bankrupt. I'm only making logos for teams that I think need them. I may update OKC's again some point, but as of now, THIS PROJECT IS POSTPONED UNTIL EARLY MAY DUE TO MY PACKED SCHEDULE I will come back to this after May 8th when my school year ends. I have come across a new template, but out of respect towards the original creator, I will not be using it in this series nor will I be releasing the template. I asked him if I could, but he said he's not ready for it to be released.

So, with that, I wish you all a good day, have a fun month of April, and I'll see you all back here in May! God Bless!

Archived